ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My missus 172

To start I better repeat what I've already posted in the newbie forum. Here it goes.

After a two month long head-scratching and family dispute-provoking process my other half finally settled her mind and today we've bought her a Ph1 FF 172. She drove an Alfa 156 for last 5 years, but lately the Alfa became a real pain to maintain, so it was sold for shed money. Then, after having a drive in my MX5 swmbo thought she wanted one herself, but two seats wouldn't cut it with two kids, and having two MX5s falls into category of boring in my book. After test driving a couple of Type-Rs, a Mini and even a Yaris T-Sport, Clio was found to be the most entertaining one and so the search ended. Since she don't actively use forums, but I was the one who suggested her an RS and I will be the one with dirty hands and spanners tinkering with it I thought I might post about it as well :D.

We've bought the car with it's MOT (or it's local counterpart to be precise) due in 3 days and when we got to it inspection found out that right-side headlight is bad. I took the car to my mates workshop, disassembled the headlight and it became obvious it's beyond repair: legs which attach projector assembly to black plastic body were broken and the one which is used for adjustments has shattered in like hundred pieces. Ok no problem, we've wanted to fit black housing headlights anyway so these were ordered from Germany. And then another thought appeared: if the car will be sitting for a week or more waiting for the headlamps to arrive we could paint the car as well. We didn't like the silver colour it had and were planning to respray it at some moment anyway, then why not now. On Sunday I've removed most of the trim and now me and my mate are working on prepping the Clio for painting.

Here is how is stands now:
20121125213804.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy Samsung pic.)
Hopefully in two weeks this Clio will be white.

Attachments

• 20121125213804.jpg
    20121125213804.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 145
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
hmmm, clios in white i dont think suit, why not go for a nice red, blue or yellow? all of them colours really make a clio look nice! :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ive only seen white on a ph1 1.2 and i didnt like it, but suppose the paint didnt look as nice and fresh as this one is going to look, so i will leave my opinion until i see it finished :p

Vectra
volcano_1098106009_clio_elia_back.jpg

I'm sorry but that is horrible! I'd get a standard 172 rear bumper along with exhaust.

Last edited:
There was a couple of white ph1 172s knocking about on here a couple of years back. I'm sure a search would yield a few results.

Arctic 182FF
Ph2s look quality in white, ph1s not so much in my opinion. Also I think that rear bumper is hideous, if I was you I'd get a ph2 sport bumper.

I'm not sure I'm loving the bumper but I don't find it such hideous either though. Anyway the exhaust is as old as the car is and won't last long so a new one along with a matching bumper is in order in a not too distant future.

Re the colour, we actually were inspired by some white ph1s posted on this very forum. Especially RS Tuning / DannyR one among others.

Iceberg 172
Nice ph1. Yours isn't this one that was recently on sale in Riga by any chance, is it? It also has an Elisa RSR rear which quite rare hereabouts.

Greetings from Tallinn.

Glad to hear from someone from Baltics!

No, that's another one. Ours come from Arvis Vecvagars who is local ex-rally driver.

In the other news, today we were at a paint shop and swmbo decided she also likes a specific kind of blue. After looking at 50 shades of blue she chose an interesting grayish metallic variant. On weekend we'll try it on a bumper to see how it looks in real life.

So prepping's almost done and we'll finally spray the car on weekend. But still can't decide on colour :rolleyes:. SWMBO is certain she wants wheels to be yellow (Advan RG's they'll be), but which body colour to go for - blue or white?

39135951313edd52037fb1.png

39135951313edd52037fb.jpg

(Sorry for the Honda pic, haven't had a pic of Clio with yellow japanese style wheels)

MOT had expired while the car was in a workshop. Got everything ready for inspection today but haven't managed to update registration with the new color, will have to wait until Wednesday to make it legal to drive around. Due to this I also couldn't drive to a car wash, so took photos as the car was - with polishing paste here and there and filthy wheels.

dsc07143s800.jpg

dsc07135s800.jpg

dsc07101s800.jpg

dsc07088s800.jpg

dsc07152s800.jpg

Time flies. Now that the car has been in our posession for 3 years it's time for it to go and we've gone and snapped a few photos for an advert. While the car won't be of interest to you I've decided you might enjoy the pictures.

CXkNNc.jpg

OjEWAK.jpg

ywEm4Z.jpg

s0MHHZ.jpg

KcFjzP.jpg

QRou6B.jpg

K5dyfh.jpg

bsWAW9.jpg

lRxatY.jpg