ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk1 Focus RS #3046

Z4
I've emailed someone about buying one today, if it's still about..

So thanks for that lol.

Get some US rear lights!

Focus RS + S3
I've emailed someone about buying one today, if it's still about..

So thanks for that lol.

Get some US rear lights!

good man, im already on the case, off to canada to visit some relatives in a few months so going to get then shipped there and bring them home with me :)

Focus RS + S3
20DFEDB3-E759-47A2-B099-C17BE5D7956E.jpg

these turned up today, 3" BCS flexi and decat, hoping the gaskets will arrive tomorrow, may see if i can get it on before the rugby lol

well worth the wait

Focus RS + S3
Bit of an update,

Had the flexi and downpipe on a while but havent updated.
a little comparision of old and new

A1001486-DF9B-4188-A417-2DE7C334E3C5.jpg

71EEC67E-1F2C-4AAA-8622-A531D108BE51.jpg

got it all on once, but as i rushed it i completely forgot about the O ring between turbo and downpipe lol
had to slacken the V band clamp off (again) bit of a pig but its in and no more blowing

£13 for an O ring! And thats with discount lol
77D8386D-5EC4-4CEE-8DA4-AB4649639872.jpg

all done :)
BBABD40E-15B0-434E-AC7E-A93AAFF9C062.jpg

3EE1DF10-909A-4161-BA37-7449FC894BFB.jpg

im trying to sort a video but it sounds great and spools up a lot quicker

plus these need to be fitted this week, as the rear doesnt do much braking mintex will suffice

2C54D684-61B2-4ADB-B8AD-ACA124664FBB.jpg

Focus RS + S3
Some small updates, i finally got around to fitting the rear discs and pads after a trusty coating of VHT paint
D79C30ED-8651-49CD-85FC-AAA1480490B4.jpg

But strangely the rear caliper bolts had seized in and started to round even though i had them out a few months prior.
Think it may have something to do with me trying to change the brakes with a hangover lol

New bolts from ford at under a quid each it wasnt worth the hassle, i was going to paint the calipers in silver too but thats a job for another day…

19CD156D-C99E-4E76-9E5E-CD6808E4A407.jpg

Then i stumbled across this badboy on ebay at 2am one night, pretty new release by samco and i wanted one but wasnt paying £110 for it!

Bought it there and then and its basically brand new and an even bigger result was that it was only in Merthyr so collected after work and saved a tenner off postage

AEC1783D-3E09-4F10-8F58-AFA1B5831B18.jpg

As with the boost hoses, this hose is known to collapse under pressure and let out a squealing sound, the old was was still pretty sturdy but it'll alleviate issues in the future

B2B9762C-93FB-4530-9B5E-440363E55301.jpg

quite awkward to fit but got there in the end, shame its not that visible

and then i had these delivered yesterday:

4x pilot sport 3s to replace the hankooks that the car came with

DE287C6B-3C5F-40D6-9423-B40E7C43872E.jpg

going to get them fitted tomorrow and get the car taxed on the 1st ready for its first outing and the welsh black mountains run on the 6th :)

LY 200 EDC LUX
I owned a Mk1 RS a couple of years ago. Just didnt get on with it at all tbh.

I also did the color coded door-handle mod, and I can honestly say that it transformed the look of the outside IMO. Really don't know why ford didn't do it from the factory!

Focus RS + S3
JaredHasNoBrain
ahh thanks lol

all been pretty quiet to be fair, only one or two things have changed, just been using it a lot as weve been having great weather and put some more miles on it,

First of all, ive gone back to the standard halogen headlights, the light output of the xenons was awesome by night, but i havent been getting on with the 'bug eye' 'angel eye' look of them when they are off in the day

much prefer the standard headlight look, may be naughty and put a HID kit in them ;)

(random pic of standard lights back in)
56E45165-3787-4FAC-91BC-69830E14BDDC.jpg

i went to canada in june, and really fancied a set of US spec rear lights but didnt want to pay the £150 odd premium they fetch over here, long story short, got in touch with a guy out there that wanted some uk spec focus saloon lights, so i bought some, took them out in my suitcase, met up with him and swapped lights and brought home a set lol

heres the pic he sent me before i left for my flight
ADEF823E-E3D2-438E-B39A-DE6580E60316.jpg

got home and fitted them :)

really happy with the look,
EA6D4441-5DA7-4CDE-A1C2-B70558C308C6.jpg

and the only other thing is that i bought a set of magnecor leads, no gains other than the fact they are blue and thats what i wanted lol
9109583D-0CFF-4009-A2DB-67D46D45FCD0.jpg

Focus RS + S3
Quick update:

This is the only video i have on my phone, this was with just the decat exhaust

Unsure how to embed
http://s135.photobucket.com/user/hodgins91/media/F2740622-24AA-466D-9D3C-332280B2D93B.mp4.html

I also went and bought a tubular manifold, made a great difference to spooling etc,

Quick comparison of std vs tubular

63733428-72FA-4C73-BE89-0E073AF9731A.png

And fitted :smile:
FCED053B-ACD8-4921-A68B-6BF7D67C5571.jpg

The cars screaming for a live map next

Us at the PFC Expo they were selling cheap OMP wheels so on a whim, i bought this OMP WRC steering wheel, makes a difference to the feel of the car, plus is preserves the standard wheel which fetches good money in great nick which this this is

A921E000-4A60-4A08-94F5-4BE97A08667A.png

E843D311-D560-457E-A570-EFEE7FA5C7B7.jpg

DBC1B47D-FED3-49DB-9CE9-35AB4AC4C46B.jpg

Last edited:
  Peugeot 308
I absolutely love these...I could stare at them all bloody day!

As mentioned on another chaps thread... Massive regret not buying one.

Focus RS + S3
Completely forgot about this thread, but ill ad some updates while im here,

First of all ive reverted back to the standard HT leads, lot of people have issues with the magnecors but mine were fine untill i added the manifold, on fast gear changes it would sound like a shotgun going off, i was loving it until it eventually got worse and became obvious it was a misfire 😧

Swapped back to standards and job done

With all the mods it was time for a map to tie it all together but as the cars getting on a bit i thought i best upgrade the bits that are prone to failing after 12 years,

First up the standard recirc valve was swapped for a forge 007p, the standards begin to fail and not hold higher boost so needed to be done for mapping,

Went for a black one as it looked more OEM than a chrome one,

2EEE8919-6226-4D4E-8403-93CB77C1392F.jpg

Next was the fuel pump, hadnt had any of the common issues with poor starting etc, and the standard one can flow enough for the power i was expected to acheive, but again its getting on a bit, and best to swap it out now instead of waiting for standard one to pack in

Choice off the forum was the deatschwerks fuel pump, pretty much drops straight in, bar trimming a small piece of rubber and wiring it to the loom on the pump

D6303975-29CB-4068-B562-7B26510B6351.jpg

So took the car for a drive to burn off whatver fuel was in the tank and get it low as possoble i set about dropping the tank,

After getting fuel in my eye, and inhaling a load of v power fumes (felt like setting fire to the thing at this point) the standard pump was out

6384D6DA-5565-4A8A-8B0F-0225415DFDC3.png.jpg

No pictures of the after, but it was all basically done on the morning before i went to france on a trip as i ran out of time and i wanted the pump in for mapping.

I then took the car to Sabre tuning in Bristol the day after i came back from france, and the standard wastegate actuator on the turbo fails, the diaphram can split and cause a lack of boost and cant hold higher pressure, so i had the guys at sabre fit an uprated garret actuator so at this point everything should hold up.

Had a phonecall later in the day off leighton when he was on his way to pick me up, good news, car is mapped and making good power

Bad news, clutch is slipping badly and will need replacing, i was bloody gutted seeing as i was taking the car to the ring the month after, and i didnt have £800 spare for a new clutch to be fitted in time that Sabre quoted,

5436A53B-CDEF-4A23-A11D-6C99AAA3A2DC_1.png

Anyway the car made just shy of 330bhp
Figures are with a pinch of salt as i hate dyno talk, but it goes very well and its fuelling right, job done

So drove home disheartened thinking what im going to do, i didnt really want to slap £1000 on a credit card for a clutch but it would have been my last resort

waited a few days and a used sachs clutch popped up on the RS forum for sale, just 5k miles use and was only £200

19B91B87-3FF2-48F7-A568-CA555774BF18.png.jpg

Ideal, the plan was to get this fitted, have it tie me over for the ring and fit a new one in time,

So another round of fresh box oil and a genuine release bearing whilst box was out

C0162209-385E-47DD-A0B5-11749C2C947E.png.jpg

Phonecall from the garage doing the clutch swap, cars all done and back together, but the clutch is still slipping

I felt sick, theres people slamming a lot higher torque than i was through theirs with same clutch, but i picked the car up and after driving it a few miles it stopped slipping and 'touch wood' has been fine since

The RS uses a chargecooler system and its quite a pain, lot of people bin it for a front mount air2air setup, but chargecooler is fine for road use so its staying for now, noticed i was losing chargecooler coolant from somehwhere,

Found it!
7CE386F8-9CBF-4838-8898-EA292E056724.jpg

The core had split in the chargecooler box, quite common, leaking coolant into the inlet :(
Caught this just in time, a new chargecooler box from ford is £3500, and theres only one in the country and theyre now NLA. found a new one on ebay for £400 but id rather spend that sort of coin on a proper FMIC,

So £80 later, bought a low mileage used box off the imperial blue facebook page,

It was now less than a week to go to the ring, and the fluid was still going down, shining a torch on the chargecooler pre rad found another leak!!!

DCB264A3-0B58-4BF4-B7E8-A9E9C72C6385.png

Imperial owners facebook to the rescue again, and put another standard one on there for now.
New oil and filter and it was ready

The car did make the ring and was faultless, It was brilliant and didnt miss a beat,

B80F1316-0873-4862-BC90-43EDFA4DD600.png.jpg

And my new favourite picture of the car, sporting a cut down front number plate, same size as the 3/4 ones you run on a clio

48073793-3481-4F75-990C-48F1D8636341.png

And thats pretty much upto where i am at the moment, in terms of plans, i want to refurb he front splitter or buy a new one as ive caught it a few times, theres some painting i want donw but thats a fair bit down the line

Really want to lower it, but kw's are £800 and i cant justify that at the moment so i may settle for H&R springs (20mm drop) and some rear spacers, just going to see how things go, it doesnt have that bad an arch gap so theres no urgency and i dont want to put crap coilovers on and ruin the handling, been there done that lol

Got a serious soft spot for these I believe these could be a future classic if there kept nice like yours is. Top work fella your not helping me resist buying one lol.

Focus RS + S3
Ahh cheers :)
Prices are on the up which is good news, if i wanted to buy mine now, it would be more 9k instead of the £8k i gave for it, not bad after 3 years lol

Plus all the bits i have done are bolt on and reversible so can go back to an original car with not very much effort :)

I think they will be more desirable then the mk2 as they use a ford engine not a Volvo lump, it will appeal more to the ford purist. Plus these are rarer you don't see many of these on the road anymore. I'm very temped to get one a do something similar to you keep it mint and only do reversible mods. It's hard to find a un molested one now.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely cars these, bar the hideous interior.

I'll join the camp of passing one up a few years ago as well, Still regret not buying it at times. So much more "special" than the Mk2 is IMO.

BCS systems sound incredible as well, You have probably seen Jacks massive power/big money build from up here? Mental thing

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
I dream to own one one day :(

this is beautiful!
I followed two 400bhp mk1's to trax last year, that was a sight at 6:30am as they sat next to each other and bugger'd off with out me! :( ..Was in my mk1 1.6 focus haha

Focus RS + S3
Cheers mate, i dont use it half as much as i should, the clio daily was playing up last week so i used it for work so it was out of the garage for a full week which is unheard of lol

I brought it to work today though and it worth it :)

Its a pain in the arse to get it out of the garage so when i want to use it, its a bit of effort (laziness) got to get two ramps out to get it out of the garage so cant just get in and go, first word problems lol

My hands were getting stinking moving the ramps about and it was transferring onto the suede wheel so id get out of the car after a drive with black hands

So i nabbed this foam steering wheel cover from work, all the f-types that get delivered have them before their PDI check

But does the job on the RS
B1A8828D-09F1-417E-9763-394027D405D1.png

Looks brilliant! Quick note; the 007P leaks more than the standard item. Lots of info on the Audi forums about them not passing bubble tests - worth checking you're not losing boost now.