ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 ph2s refurb attempt

2.0 175dci rs meggy
16012008045.gif

16012008046.gif

16012008047.gif

16012008048.gif

pics taken via N95

BMW M5 & E36
I've got a set of these in 16" if anyone wants some?! In need of a refurb. Pm me.

Very good DIY effort though fella :)

Looks good, how did you cut back the rim? Just sand it down?

Also, what black did you use as its not too dark if you get me, suits it really well.

Theres a guy on clio16valver with similar wheels but black centres too, should try get the centres to match the polished rim, are they metal centres?

1.8 8v RSi
nice work....did a refurb on a set of these a while ago in gloss black with a red lip. and no center caps...looked awesome

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
as far as i know, you keep sanding back the metal, getting through finer and finer grades of paper, then you autosol (or the like) it up to this finish

I quite like the refurb, but i'd sort the centre cap out, I don't tihnk it looks right..

sure it wouldn't be these wheels, they were 15's to i'm sure
Some mk1 meganes ran ph2 valver alloys (speedline vega's, 15inch) Some ran 16's - the centre caps have a recessed circle on them, i'm not sure if they are vegas though.

Like this They do look alike apart from the centre caps.

I would be tempted to forget about the centre caps all together and just getsomething engineered to cover the wheel bolts etc perhaps similar to that used on the 172ff or dynamique wheels and have that matt black aswell.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
ph-reebone;3627242 impossible said:
i thought u would chuck in your 2pence worth

they are getting done

debating whether to lacquer as i want to keep edge shinny but can be arse auto-solving all the time! i auto-soled today and it comes out really well!

2.0 175dci rs meggy
progress update - as the one shown was the first (prototype)

well now the job has been passed on to my sprogs at work to prep etc lol

had to take pics from outside as i was busy chatting!

18012008050.jpg

18012008051.jpg

18012008052.jpg