ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk2 Ph2 B Project.

Shed.
Right im getting better at spraying shizzle. If my door handles end up okay ill do my wheels. Cant decide, prefer anthraicite but i like white also :cool:

white.jpg

gunmetal.jpg

Shed.
lol ok. Door handles need laquer applying now but i might wait untill wednesday to make sure they are completely dry.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
love the little touches you've done so far! can i ask where you got the gearstick decal and how much? did you get an airbag decal for the strips too? i also like those pedals and footrest? where from and again how much!

gonna paint my door handles and front bumper inserts at the weekend, with any luck, how did you find it??

Renshaw

Shed.
Pm matt_trev for the decals, i got 2, they were £7 posted 1st class.

No airbag decal, i had a skeg for one but with no luck.

The pedals and foot rest came from Turner, give him a pm about them, they need to be rivited in, but its a piece of piss and it gives the car a different character, the pesals are worth every penny. Cant remember the ERXACT price but it was somehting like £50 for the lot, all rivets included. All you need is a riviting gun, which dont cost very much, try any DIY store they should do them.

Painting is difficult actually, ive not sprayed before, ive managed to bodge something up in one way or another and need to start again, and my inserts are not perfect so i may redo those at some point.

Hope that helps :)

Shed.
Funny laquer, it goes a bit milky for some reason. had a word with Fm last night, i think its too cold for spraying as im doing them outside in a railway carrage.

mk4 golf gttdi180
Funny laquer, it goes a bit milky for some reason. had a word with Fm last night, i think its too cold for spraying as im doing them outside in a railway carrage.
too cold defo you need to bake them and they will turn out loads better and then polish them with a cutting compound

Shed.
yer, applied primer right now, so im guna wait untill its a little better, ive got a halogen lamp which ive been using to heat up the room lol.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
i had the same problem the first time i sprayed my side strips. everything was hunkydory until i laquered them in an old damp garage at my grandads house ...ooops! re-did them outside last summer and they came out great! its a f**king learning curve mate!!

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

Shed.
i had the same problem the first time i sprayed my side strips. everything was hunkydory until i laquered them in an old damp garage at my grandads house ...ooops! re-did them outside last summer and they came out great! its a f**king learning curve mate!!

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

Just been and redone mine today, one is just short of perfect and currently drying, the other i bodged up yet again, and is no being primer'd, agian. lol

Shed.
Right im getting better at spraying shizzle. If my door handles end up okay ill do my wheels. Cant decide, prefer anthraicite but i like white also :cool:

white.jpg

gunmetal.jpg

Rs grill. replia sideskirts & a new tax disc holder.
Go for the white refurb mate :)

Will consider skirts tbh, tax disc holer is a must, sticking with the dynamique grill, everyone on here seems to do that and i dont want to follow on, at the end of the day the car is a dynamique. Going for roverstone grey too !!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Just been and redone mine today, one is just short of perfect and currently drying, the other i bodged up yet again, and is no being primer'd, agian. lol

when mine went milky i used rubbing compound and t-cut to take the laquer back a little clean it off and sprayed another layer of laquer over the top. no need to sand, prime, paint and laquer all over again!!

Shed.
next time ill remember it. one os done now. Im leaving it for a few more days to make sure its dry.

my subscription has run out lol.

Shed.
i think things will get a bit slow on this now. Ive decided i need to start saving, so im guna save for 2 years and see where i am, maybe buy a 55 plate 182 if i can find one with less than 30k on it. Who knows what ill end up with. i might be 21 by that time.

Shed.
Springs.....yeah ill prolly get some, wheels i will most likely leave, and ill get a G220 if i can afford one, might buy it seperately pre month i guess.

Shed.
Leaving this one now. Returning it to standard bar the ariel, pedals and the wipers. Still tempted to get it lowered tho but thats money id rarther be saving.

Warm weather has reminded me how slow the 1.2 is.

Side strips + badges are available for a straight swap of mint std ones if anyone is interested.