ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My mk2 snowplough!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, another snow thread!! Pretty deep here today in the places! A few 3ft+ high drifts

KIF_1833.jpg

KIF_1835.jpg

KIF_1836.jpg

KIF_1837.jpg

KIF_1838.jpg

KIF_1841.jpg

KIF_1842.jpg

all thanks to those chunky mofos!!

Chocolate Bar™
lmao was just about to ask what wheels they were till i got to the bottom pics. Hope u've got ABS driving around in that sort of weather ;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
lol I got stuck twice in snow of that depth today had to get about 6 people to push me out! Was beached....solid snow under the car...

snow5kg.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol I wouldnt have a spliter left in that! would probably pull my whole bumper down.

yeah John what is with the steelies?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The splitter is on with about 40 screws!! Quite solid but was worried a few times, you can see that its come up level with the middle of my fogs a few times!!

Yeah the steelies are to save the alloys during winter, but the 40mm drop (lower than others lowered 60mm :S) it means the car is a bit silly low at times!

And no, no abs, traction control or anything gay like that, just my right foot and handbrake to go everywhere!

Monaco Blue Mk2
John...Why no Abs? Also, is there bolt holes for the splitter, I'm sure when I looked when I bought my car it was just stapled on!!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Blue4Ever said:
John...Why no Abs? Also, is there bolt holes for the splitter, I'm sure when I looked when I bought my car it was just stapled on!!!

Cos it never came with ABS!! I think it might have been an option but I couldnt care less tbh, cos ive never had it I dont miss it, too many people over rely on it anyway.

Yeah the original splitter is a bit or rubber stapled on but that got ripped off a couple of weeks after lowering so its now a mk2 ph2 one thats been fitted. Can see it better in this pic

john6.jpg

looks better and was half the price!!

Thanks to all for the compliments!

John

Monaco Blue Mk2
Fair enough then John, I thought ABS came as standard on our model. I'll bear that in mind about the splitter as i'm finally getting 16's so no doubt I will need lowering then.

DID ANYONE SEE THE SNOW IN FALKIRK.GOT STUCK SEVERAL TIMES.ONLY REASON WENT OUT WAS MEANT TO BE WORKING 8-12 SHIFT TODAY,GOT 2 MINS FROM THE HOUSE AND GOT STUCK FOT AGES TILL A GUT PULLED UP IN A VTR SAXO AND STARTED TRYING TO GET ME OUT.HAD TO JAM WOOD UNDER TYRES TO GET ME OUT.THIS WAS ALL HAPPENING ON THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD BY THE WAY.GOT TO WORK TO GET SENT HOME TO SPEND ANOTHER 15mins STUCK IN THE CAR PARK.STRUGGLED TO GET TRACTION AT ALL AND THERE JUST NEW TYRES.ANYBODY ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS.

Monaco Blue Mk2
CRAGS said:
DID ANYONE SEE THE SNOW IN FALKIRK.GOT STUCK SEVERAL TIMES.ONLY REASON WENT OUT WAS MEANT TO BE WORKING 8-12 SHIFT TODAY,GOT 2 MINS FROM THE HOUSE AND GOT STUCK FOT AGES TILL A GUT PULLED UP IN A VTR SAXO AND STARTED TRYING TO GET ME OUT.HAD TO JAM WOOD UNDER TYRES TO GET ME OUT.THIS WAS ALL HAPPENING ON THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD BY THE WAY.GOT TO WORK TO GET SENT HOME TO SPEND ANOTHER 15mins STUCK IN THE CAR PARK.STRUGGLED TO GET TRACTION AT ALL AND THERE JUST NEW TYRES.ANYBODY ELSE HAVE PROBLEMS.

:D

haha. Not quite that bad, just a bit of fun reversing out of our drive which is fairly steep.

Octavia VRS
lol @ John.

I went to my car yesterday and the snow came up to my knee! My car is still stuck at the flat, waiting for it all to melt!

I'm sure my car has ABS, I thought the S models did as well?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
CRAGS said:

why the need for capitals?

Monaco Blue Mk2
_Kenny_ said:
lol @ John.

I went to my car yesterday and the snow came up to my knee! My car is still stuck at the flat, waiting for it all to melt!

I'm sure my car has ABS, I thought the S models did as well?

So did I, I know mine has for definate.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine defintly doesnt and it wasnt standard on the S, as I say it was an option. Why not try and lock up and see what happens!!

Dutch, yeah they are Pirelli snowcontrol 190s, cost about the same as a normal tyre but since I only use my steelies in winter it makes sense. Still got Mich energy on the back though!

Crags, na not even stuck for a second, tyres have a lot to do with, I got a bit stuck with goodyear eagles back in November!!

Monaco Blue Mk2
EvilJohn said:
Mine defintly doesnt and it wasnt standard on the S, as I say it was an option. Why not try and lock up and see what happens!!

I have tried...and not on purpose!! lol.

Octavia VRS
Yeh my Alize definitely has ABS as it's over sensitive at times! lol

Might have been an option as well?

Never understood the point of taking alloys of for winter?

Maybe cause your a lazy mofo john and dont clean them, even though you can clean your wheels with one wipe of a sponge. Don't see the point of only using something for 2/3's of the year!

Rb 182
ClioJohn said:
Never understood the point of taking alloys of for winter?

Maybe cause your a lazy mofo john and dont clean them, even though you can clean your wheels with one wipe of a sponge. Don't see the point of only using something for 2/3's of the year!

Because big wide tyres dont grip!

And thin ones do!

And so you dont bend them when you crash!

And errrr thats all i can think of.
:p