ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Clio "tints out"

Fiesta st
Finally got round to taking the "gangster tints" out today!

Heres a few pictures with them in.
2mzxkeu.jpg
72r5av.jpg
1hqvm9.jpg

Here is two pictures with them out!
6sgehx.jpg
51pjkj.jpg

(s)Low Dynamique
Much cleaner :) Best thing I ever did was take my tints out! Light tints all around CAN look "ok" but rear limo tints ruin most cars IMO. Glad I finally realised that, looks like you did too!

Clio 197
looks well mate.. im sure you dont live far from me seen you nockin about.. were did you get it couler coded and how much

Fiesta st
looks well mate.. im sure you dont live far from me seen you nockin about.. were did you get it couler coded and how much

Thanks mate, i think ive seen you too but dno where lol.. and i got it done at vics at kilnhurst he did it for 150 for all the bump trims done.. he did it that price for me cos its my girlfriends mates dad so i dno how much he charges for others matey.. give me a flash next time you see me to actually know who u are! :)

Clio 197
I will do pal I don't reli drive round much till summer lol I think I have seen u on ship hill a few times when I have drove through.. Cars looking well what you goin to do next

Fiesta st
youve probs seen me there then, im wanting to some alloys but ive just lost my job.. but im looking into buying timmins alloys off him but from that nothing else maybe get a private reg next on mi 21st lol.

Clio 197
Sound good mate I have a ax kit that need fitting an spraying but I dno if I cba with it lol I'll flash you if I see you bud

2007 clio dynamique
Just wondered doesnt seem to be many people on here from rotherham sheffield etc any other mods apart from removing tints ?

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
i was quoted £120 for all the outside trim to be colourcoded with sprayshack on here :)

Fiesta st
Just wondered doesnt seem to be many people on here from rotherham sheffield etc any other mods apart from removing tints ?

ok mate nd ermm.. Ive had it lowerd by 40-60, hid kit, had the bump strips colour coded, painted roof wing mirrors and diamonds gloss black, rs grill, silvervisions , de-badged the CLIO and de wiped.. looking for some alloys now seen as its coming up to summer.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Have you got automatic headlights? They are putting a law against HID's in projector headlights so gutted! bought some Xenons but cannot fit as I'm too scared to pull the bumper off haha, lose-lose situation!

2007 clio dynamique
The new law covers hid kits in all types of lights that they were not originally fitted to , but taking the bumper off isnt as hard as it looks nice little job if you enjoy that kind of thing, i like the black roof , im wanting to do something colour wise with mine but not sure what

2007 clio dynamique
Just realised you mentioned projector lights , these are more suited to hid kits its reflector lights that are blinding with hid kits from what i have seen

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Ahh, I thought you could have them if they were automatic lights seen as most of them have standard... I do like fiddling with the car but I tend to break things and I think people will notice if the bumper has a huge patch missing! Haah. I want to wrap mine incase it looks too chavvy on a red car, so easily pulled off :)

2007 clio dynamique
No depends on light type etc but as i said hid kits are better suited to projector lights , it really is simple i fitted my hids at night lol 2 bolts and some torx screws to remove and arch liners iirc and ye wrapping is the sensible option i suppose as like you said can be removed

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Still scared ill persuade one of my locals to do it just flutter my eyelashes a little :)

2007 clio dynamique
Ahh ok didnt realise you were a female lol dont take that the wrong way either i just didnt notice , should of seen the username !

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Ha, yup many people seem to think I'm a he.... Until they see my profile pic so no offence taken ha

Fiesta st
The new law covers hid kits in all types of lights that they were not originally fitted to , but taking the bumper off isnt as hard as it looks nice little job if you enjoy that kind of thing, i like the black roof , im wanting to do something colour wise with mine but not sure what

Ive got my mot in 2 weeks do u think itl pass with them in or not?

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
it should fail... it is against the law to have them in your car. have you been stopped by police? or are you subtle with them on low adjustment?

2007 clio dynamique
Ye it should fail BUT i suppose it depends on the mot tester , some probably wont care aslong as there adjusted right and not blinding anyone , are they easy to remove on yours ? I have projectors and mines a bumper off job and dont no what space is like on yours

Fiesta st
Ye it should fail BUT i suppose it depends on the mot tester , some probably wont care aslong as there adjusted right and not blinding anyone , are they easy to remove on yours ? I have projectors and mines a bumper off job and dont no what space is like on yours

Pretty easy to remove and ive got them aiming at floor mate.

2007 clio dynamique
Tbh if i was you i would just take them out just saves the hassle of retests if they did fail it , i think thats my plans anyway come mot time