ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My MX5!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
8856184553_097d6b090d_z.jpg

MX5 Thurleigh 3 by Euan94, on Flickr

8856247403_7427d99d9d_z.jpg

MX5 Thurleigh 1 by Euan94, on Flickr
​Flickr only wants to let me when i'm logged out :/

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've been bored with the wheels lately and as i cant afford new ones at the moment i decided i should combine my boredom with the wheels with the fact that i wanted to learn to spray paint better.

So, i picked a colour almost at random and decided on a vw red. didn't get them all done today so no finished pics but a little teaser for anyone who cares!
9035124171_581572d56a_z.jpg
DSC_0050 by Euan94, on Flickr

Plus, the spaxs are still looking good after being on for just over a month
9037348348_9fbe3977e5_z.jpg

DSC_0055 by Euan94, on Flickr

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Cheers, something a bit differant!! Had lots of people tell me it will look terrible lol

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Time for an update me thinks!

I got myself a 'drift knob' and 'drift button' which points towards my overall aim with the car.

9336204671_84402b2d7e_z.jpg

DSC_0095 by Euan94, on Flickr

As per my previous posts the wheels went red, I'm not crazy about them but they will be replaced towards the end of the year.

I hate the chrome style bar that the car has, but I can't really store it so it stays on the car atm. I experimented with plasti-dip on this to get rid of the chrome, which was great until i found that the roof slightly rubs on the style bar :mad: so I have a matt black bar with holes of chrome on the top!

Lastly, I bought myself an exhaust that popped up for sale. It's a 5Zigen exhaust that has to be imported over from japan so is reasonably rare over here, which i like!
Despite it's appearance its not hugely loud and i can drive around town without looking like a knob, but when i want to look like a knob I can.

Went out today with my brother for some photos and videos.
9336360723_720d43f99e_z.jpg

DSC_0149 by Euan94, on Flickr
9336359753_182541f38f_z.jpg

DSC_0154 by Euan94, on Flickr
9336358729_7de35a4649_z.jpg

DSC_0157 by Euan94, on Flickr

Videos of the exhaust are on my flickr

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at that exhaust.

I really dont get why people move their plates on the front like the jap ones. Looks worse than standard to me..

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Not keen on that exhaust, looks like you've just thrown it on.
May look better being a couple inches further back and raised up a bit tucked into the bumper.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I can understand people not liking the exhaust, I hadn't planned on getting one this soon.

It looks a bit out of place at the moment but will tie in with the rest of the mods I have planned, I can assure.

And yes Goodj, was me!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I finally got round to getting my self new wheels, the red wheels had a time and place, but that is now in a bag in my garden!

I spent quite a few weeks changing my mind on what i wanted and thought i had decided many times before eventually deciding on some Rota RKR's in 15x8 ET10

So here are a couple of photos after a quick wash at the weekend.

10786043074_432765586b_c.jpg

MX5 Front by Euan94, on Flickr

10785949096_dea02affe3_c.jpg

MX5 Rear by Euan94, on Flickr

10785923535_1a8ecfc374_c.jpg

MX5 by Euan94, on Flickr

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Nice car, good progress. Tempted to get one to track but they all seem pretty gutless.
Are there any quick ones? I know the handling is great but you can't overtake on the bends and these struggle on the straights. .

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Nice car, good progress. Tempted to get one to track but they all seem pretty gutless.
Are there any quick ones? I know the handling is great but you can't overtake on the bends and these struggle on the straights. .

I think you'd want a turbo or supercharged one really.
None of the standard engines are particularly quick in a straight line but from what I've read you can quite easily get 200bhp from them which does make them pretty quick.

172/B8 Quattro
Or buy a jdm 1.8 rs or vs etc with 6 speed short ratio box and type 2 diff makes them a pretty rapid car, easily kept up with a corsa vxr apart from the straight where it slightly got more distance then on his wing mirror in the corners with ease, but mine was track/race spec without a turbo conversion.
Weight to ratio they can compete to some cars.
And if you turbo it then you play with the big boys

Swift Sport
I was overtaking Clio Sports and Type-R's on track in my old one. Driven properly a well set-up one isn't particularly slow on track.

Looks great btw :)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I'm sure it's worth that amount of money with the spec of it.

Not sure I would want to pay that much for it though, too much JDM tax in my eyes.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm about to get my mx5 on the road. Can't wait for it to snow!!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I'm sure it's worth that amount of money with the spec of it.

Not sure I would want to pay that much for it though, too much JDM tax in my eyes.

I can understand people buying a £1k example for a bit of fun

£7250 however.

I appreciate is a track monster but £7250!

172/B8 Quattro
Folk want too much for the mazdas IMO on nutz, better to break to get monies back. Or sell at going rate. That's why they are for sale for ages.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Looking for some advice

Really not sure what to do with this at the moment, getting itchy feet.

I had fallen slightly out of love with the car and fancied something faster like a clio but after chasing people through milton keynes after a meet last weekend I've realised that actually i still really enjoy driving it and it isn't a whole lot slower than a clio.

So I want something faster, but I want to keep this.

In an Ideal world i would just turbo the mx5 but Insurance wont touch me on one as I'm still 4 months off being 20!

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, I dont know what to do!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Take it on a trackday or maybe even a drift day!

Drift days are so much fun!

Listerine & Poledo
I've got some spare MX-5 16s (early Mk2.5 Sport deisgn) if you wanted a set of sacrificial tyres.

;)