ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 16v

R

rclio1416

Picked up my new clio last week, a black 1.8 16v (pics will be on soon to get comments on)
i haven;t seen many black ones before are they quite rare or are 16v's geeting quite rare anyway.

Cost me £1200 absolute bargain.

Well quick, im like a kid with a new toy.

Pics will be posted soon

R

rclio1416

although they run quite warm mine sits on about 3/4 of the temp gauge, and goes through quite a lot of coolant, i tried gettin the expansion tank off today and was gonna clean it all out but no luck.

does anyone have any suggestions or experience with them to get them runner cooler ?

all input is much appreciated, thanks guys

1996 Valver
You want to replace the fan switch and thermostat, shouldnt cost more than £20 for both. You can get low temp items from k-tec and BB, i didnt bother, mine sits half way on the gauge

S2000
I'm no expert mate but from what you have said could it be possible that your head gasket has blown?

I'm sure that someone else will be along in a wee bit to say if this could be the case or not but I believe that running at a higher temp and losing coolant can be signs of a blown head gasket.

R

rclio1416

i'll be pissed if it is the head gasket lol,
when driving along and air's coming through the vent it sits at 3/4 but on tick over it goes up a bit then the fan kicks in and goes down.
so a new thermostat and radiator u think ?
could the head gasket be the cause of coolnt goin down ?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I have no pleasure in telling you this mate but that sounds like the symptoms of a headgasget!

Mine runs below 1/4 on the temp gauge and doesnt use any coolent really. Then again mine has a low temp thermostat.

My old one used to get to half and then the fan would kick it down again.

I had 2 headgasgets go on my old one....not fun!

Pikey Truck
ive got the same symptoms dude, it may be the water pump leaking as well as the thermostat.