ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new,172 cup pics

clio cup172
DSC01130.gif
DSC01126.gif
DSC01117.gif

let me know your honest opinions please, only just got it, im thinkin of changin the alloys tho dont really like them.;)

clio cup172
its a real 172 cup , dnt know about the arch liners , to be honest ive not noticed, is that not a cup grill?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you hpi'd it???

Don't mean to piss on your fire, but new bonnet, no archliners, stickers missing off the bumper and no archliners say to me: New front end.

Last edited:
  clio cup172
its so high on the drivers side as the guy i bought it off snapped a spring and decided to fit a standard clio spring to the passenger side(wot a c**k eh) only found out when i took it to a garage to get checked over, ive just got a set of new springs to go on tho, a job for tomorrow!!

Yozz'd up 182
its so high on the drivers side as the guy i bought it off snapped a spring and decided to fit a standard clio spring to the passenger side(wot a c**k eh) only found out when i took it to a garage to get checked over, ive just got a set of new springs to go on tho, a job for tomorrow!!

Fitted a single different spring? is that safe?

clio cup172
yeah it did have a bump but was not recorded, all fixed tho and had car checked out all is good appart from spring

Titanium 182
Have you Hpi'd the car, as my initial thoughts are thats been smashed up fella.

My exact thoughts as I looked at the car. Sorry if it is buddy :( will look tidy with the RS grill, arch liners and a change of wheels. And maybe a change of bonnets too ;)

So have you had the car Hpi checked or not ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

clio cup172
yeah had it hpid , it had a bump back in 2006 , front end!!! and was repaired , ok thanks for the opinions guys, im gonna get the springs done tomorrow , and order a rs grill, and see about sum wheels.bonnet i will leave til last.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
should of hpi'd it before you even traded money mate.

If thats a cat d or somit like that, you could have paid alot of money for something thats not werth it.

Thanks, Sam!

J

J182sport

Iv got a really nice set of team dynamic pro race 2's for sale just rims 16" would look great on that! they are 2months old in black.pm me if your interested.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
should of hpi'd it before you even traded money mate.

If thats a cat d or somit like that, you could have paid alot of money for something thats not werth it.

Thanks, Sam!

if the front is a 172 Cup- perhaps you are lucky- the rear end my be a 182....
Check the boot- there may be a V6 lurking in there- I heard Ali was selling up-

S

clio cup172
i did hpi it nothing came up , i tooki it to a garage after i got it and they told me that it lookied like it had anew bumper bonnet etc, so i asked the guy who i got it off and he said it was back in 2006 but was not recorded

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
I agree, should always HPI a vehicle before getting committing to buy.

But still have to be carefull, they dont tell you everything...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
i did hpi it nothing came up , i tooki it to a garage after i got it and they told me that it lookied like it had anew bumper bonnet etc, so i asked the guy who i got it off and he said it was back in 2006 but was not recorded

Whilst you will get a bit of ribbing on here- unless you paid peanuts for it- I would most certainly take it back & get your money back-

For the amount you need to spend to get it right you may as well buy a mint 172 cup & have sound peice of mind-

best of luck-

regards
Steve

clio cup172
its got a decat, group n ecu remap and k and n filter, its pretty quick, im used to driving scoobys but im well impressed!!!

Golf GTTDI & ZetecS
Has it got silver seat belts, thought the 182's had those and 172's had black!?

Not to worry...

I'd get a proper RS front grill, new springs (eibach or standards), arch Liners And some nice light weight 16" alloys. Go for Turinis if you want the standard look although i've seen some nice Team Dynamics which migh suit a Cup...

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4...lue_Rim_Alloy_Wheels_With_195_45_16_tyres.php

Once you've done those small changes you'll have a good car there matey! :)