ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172/Dannys old 172!!

172 Ph2
As a few of you know I now own another clio:D Having sold my lovely 182 last year I missed it loads and it was only a matter of time before I bought another RS clio! When I saw Dannys balck 172 for sale I couldn't resist and I've now had it over a week. It didn't get off to a good start with the cat deciding to fall apart but after a few days in the garage and a number of upgrades she's ready to rock. This week the car has had a K-tec sports cat, K-tec steath exhaust system, a set of FK coil-overs and a new pair of Yokohama Prada tyres, needless to say I'm now pretty skint but the car is brilliant(apart from a bit of a funny idle:S !!) It feels a fair bit quicker than my old 182 but that had only done 6k when I sold it and didn't make anywhere near as much noise:D ! Anyway, here's a few pics now that I've played with the ride height a bit! I found this height the best compromise between looks, handling and everyday drivability, it did look mean when it was down 70mm though;)

side.jpg

rear.jpg

IMG_4471.gif

zorst.jpg

No more clio's for me!
Well i must say Mark, that looks fcuking amazing! lol

Sits nice on the coilies, not too low, just prefect!

Heres a before jobbie for y'all! :approve:

IMG_4123.jpg

Z4 Roadster
looks tidy mate :)

that ktec combo is the one I've been considering, as I'm not bothered about a tailpipe and would prefer not to have to change the cat for each MOT, and therefore get a sports cat.
You happy with those bits then?

Turbos.
Is that the newest K-tec Stealth then? I'd appreciate a review of it, regarding noise at both WOT and crusing on the motorway.... will have a chance to do any sound clips?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Love it...Always have! Howz the new stealth, david said it was a new version to mine?!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'd be interested to know about the 'new' stealth too :)

oh by the way always liked this car, minus the blue bits ;)

172 Ph2
The exhaust is absolutely awesome along with the sports cat! It sounds amazing and gives noticable gains over my dads standard 172! I'll do some vids and write a bit more when I have time! Just done a 12 and a half hour day ):

The zorst the Paradas and the coil-overs are all spot on! If ppl are local and want a ride in the car at any point then I'm happy to take them out for a spin! Even the silly idle thing hasn't happened again, I'm blaming Morrisons' fuel!!!

M

mini-valver

^ Thought that would be it. Mine does it on crap fuel. There rated for 97 octane fuel andways so 95 is never a good idea TBH

No more clio's for me!
The exhaust is absolutely awesome along with the sports cat! It sounds amazing and gives noticable gains over my dads standard 172! I'll do some vids and write a bit more when I have time! Just done a 12 and a half hour day ):

The zorst the Paradas and the coil-overs are all spot on! If ppl are local and want a ride in the car at any point then I'm happy to take them out for a spin! Even the silly idle thing hasn't happened again, I'm blaming Morrisons' fuel!!!

:approve:

Think it would be rude if you didn't take me for a spin on Sunday! ;)

Mk4 .:R32
V. Nice clio. especially with the metallic blue detailing.
I bought a clio sport 172 today. I was just wondering where you got your back box, and whether anyone knows where to get a decent induction kit??

172 Ph2
I bought a clio sport 172 today. I was just wondering where you got your back box, and whether anyone knows where to get a decent induction kit??

I got the whole system from K-tec. It was pretty expensive but sounds really really nice and isn't too noisy on the motorway! If you want a decent induction kit, I could help there ;) I'm putting the standard airbox back in as my AA warrenty requires the engine to be standard. PM me if you are interested in a really cheap K+N gen 2 kit!

Danny, we'll go for a spin sunday mate, don't you worry;)

Mk4 .:R32

I got the whole system from K-tec. It was pretty expensive but sounds really really nice and isn't too noisy on the motorway! If you want a decent induction kit, I could help there ;) I'm putting the standard airbox back in as my AA warrenty requires the engine to be standard. PM me if you are interested in a really cheap K+N gen 2 kit!

Danny, we'll go for a spin sunday mate, don't you worry;)

Yeah, I was looking on the K-Tec website yesterday, they've got some awesome stuff. I'm probably only going to spend about £700 on exhaust and the induction kit, including fitting.

Have you put 30mm lowering springs on your 172? Looks nice, the wheels aren't too close to the arches.

I will have to sort mine out with some of those!!!