ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182 :)

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I've tried emailing them but i've had no response :( Might aswell go there in person to order it. Did you find it easy enough to fit?

Oh, I just rang them!
You could go in though yea!

Easy enough to fit, just a pain if you don't jack it up as you need a screwdriver small enough to fit under the bumper otherwise! Then just choose where you want the screws and screw in place! I used 10 so that it looked flush all the way around, otherwise it had a tendency to bend outwards and inwards at other places!
Once you're done just a case of cutting the ends off as it's slightly longer than required, garden shears did the trick for this!
That's bout it :) took me about an hour as it was hard to turn the screw driver with no clearance and me being able to get no driving force on it, but it will be much quicker if you jack it up!
The only thing I would say is on part of it I cut a bit off of it so that it completely sat flush as there are a couple of rivets or screws already on the bumper!

The post looks alot longer than intended, but will hopefully help you out!

Looks smart. But then I would say that cos it looks practically identical to mine (only differences being the Renault badge, my Piper exhaust and the horribly kerbed alloys on mine).

To be honest I look at mine and think there's not actually that much I'd do to change it except a bit of a lowering. I like the silver wheels for example.

I have some new bullets currently being sanded and primed but still haven't decided what colour to do them - I'm thinking the same silver as the car with anthracite or black writing... might be too much silver that though what with the wheels and all.

ahh yea that would look pretty good it think with the bullets, i'd go with anthracite writing as i think the black would be a little too dark for the rest of the car!

i really do fancy a set of anthracite 2118's as i've seen alot on the 172's particularly and they do look awesome, but can't justify spending the money at the moment!
same goes with the lowering, but i'm now going to wait until i've had a years experience with the car and then find some more insurance quotes before i go off modding!

i'd actually of had some now, but they wanted to double my insurance to 1800, not a chance hahaha!

long awaited clean/update, got the sportlines & yozza on - absolutely awesome!

7696e0db.jpg

cbb4314b.jpg

8dae1650.jpg

The Sportline springs are so much better than the stock setup; people say they are about the same firmness as the default, but i guess they must all be rolling with the Cup pack suspension as i can definitely feel the difference. They're nice and firm now but not crashy making the driving experience alot more enjoyable now there's alot less body roll! The Yozzasport fitted by Fred (of course) also a perfect addition; my exhaust was going to fail the MOT in July so i took it as an advantage and went for it, and boy i'm glad! The exhaust note is absolutely perfect, with a nice raspy tone when you give it some beans, however it's perfectly quiet on the motorway so there's no drone (being my first aftermarket exhaust i'm glad i didn't go with any others!).

All in all just the CS "approved" mods, but i love it! :)

172 Cup
Thats a nice example of the clean 182 you have dude. The yozza looks spot on, ive just got my sportlines fitted and cant fault them, they're great!

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
Ah ok, there is a car just like yours parked there all the time.

Car looks lovely anyway!