ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 200

CLIO 197 Ultra red
picked up my new 200 the other day

FF with cup, recaro's, cup spoiler, speedlines, RS gearknob and carbon dash

bought it to do trackdays in - got a few dates booked already

so today i got busy sorting it as i wasnt pleased with its presentation.

today i iron-x'd the car, snow foam and wash
file_zps960ef945.gif

file_zps8dcf81f2.gif

file_zps43ff17ce.gif

file_zpsefbb2b73.gif

then 1x coat of SRP, 1x coat of poorboys EX-P lft to cure for an hour, 1x coat nattys paste wax

looks much better and alot of swirl marks gone. paint looks much better

all window rubbers and seals and black plastic treated with poorboys NL spray. i cleaned the engine bay and dressed the rubber parts

file_zps127b4e93.gif

good clean inside using poorboys natural look and a good hoovering! lots of dog hairs which drove me nuts.

file_zpsbf225a96.gif

cleaned inside and outside and rain-x'd all the glass.

sealed the wheels with poorboys wheel sealant.

file_zps6031142b.gif

file_zpscccd7644.gif

file_zps6c91f1ca.gif

fitted silver indicator bulbs

file_zpsf8973f53.gif

file_zps6d5785f6.gif

file_zpsc7644bc3.gif

didnt have time to remove the wheels and clean/seal inside them but maybe tomorrow

also got a lot of 3M sheet to fit to the front end

pipercross filter bought last night, i might take it in tomorrow for wheel alignment and try and get it in for a service of drop the oil myself. its not due a service but i think 2 years is too long to leave it.

all i need to do now is drive it - havent driven it properly yet due to heavy rain yesterday and cleaning it all day today!

CLIO 197 Ultra red
"i think 2 years is too long to leave it."

​Should think so too!

service intervals are 2yr or 12k miles

its first service was done at 12000 miles and not 'due' for ages according to the schedule.

Suzuki Jimny
Stunning! Just needs a steering wheel trim.

2 years is way too long imo on a car like this.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
service intervals are 2yr or 12k miles

its first service was done at 12000 miles and not 'due' for ages according to the schedule.

Braver man than I. Mine has had a full service every year. I got new plugs on year 3 (below milage on the schedule) and in my ownership will see new oil every 6 months!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
no 12k and 2 years

Mines the same reg as yours Ken182, ive also fitted a pipercross panel filter and silvervisions plus changed the wheel centres to black, get the rs ones if you can:approve:. Cars done 7k and ive changed the oil twice using motel xcess 15w 40 and renault filter it stays clean and runs quieter. Enjoy the car i love mine :race:

CLIO 197 Ultra red
Oils cheap, engines are not.

Braver man than I. Mine has had a full service every year. I got new plugs on year 3 (below milage on the schedule) and in my ownership will see new oil every 6 months!

As I said I will be servicing it before its recomended due date/milage as 2yrs/120000 miles is too long in my opinion.

I change the oil every 6-12 months and I have a few cars so don't do alot of miles.

Last edited:
  CLIO 197 Ultra red
Mines the same reg as yours Ken182, ive also fitted a pipercross panel filter and silvervisions plus changed the wheel centres to black, get the rs ones if you can:approve:. Cars done 7k and ive changed the oil twice using motel xcess 15w 40 and renault filter it stays clean and runs quieter. Enjoy the car i love mine :race:

you might be beter with 5w40. That's what Renault recommend I got 6ltres of elf evolution sxr ready for my car

I will change it tomorrow if its decent weather.

The car was only serviced 5000 miles/ 9 months ago but I like to change it regularly

i will let Renault service it when it reaches the next interval which should be just around the car turning 3 yr old.

The rear brakes sound like they're binding a little to so will have a look at that tomorrow if I have time. My vivaro van and 197 both did the same but they were much older.

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
you might be beter with 5w40. That's what Renault recommend I got 6ltres of elf evolution sxr ready for my car

I will change it tomorrow if its decent weather.

The car was only serviced 5000 miles/ 9 months ago but I like to change it regularly

i will let Renault service it when it reaches the next interval which should be just around the car turning 3 yr old.

The rear brakes sound like they're binding a little to so will have a look at that tomorrow if I have time. My vivaro van and 197 both did the same but they were much older.
Sorry ken182 i meant 5w40, I was told not to change the oil to often it dont need it and the brakes binding is due to keep jet washing etc and not using the rear brakes enough.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car mate, need to give it a run before taking pics of the wheels though, hate rusty disks lol.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
Funny as I think the previous owner loved the jet wash as the back end is full of swirl marks from the brush. Took alot of polishing to correct.

Adamm - I spun it round the block after I dried it and when I got back the wheels were just covered in rusty brake dust!

my 197 used to do that so I used to have to drive it round and then dry I off!

Had a little drive in it yesterday and was impressed. Only gripes are rear brakes bind every now and then and the recaro seat creeked like my old 19£ did so I removed the cover and tightened it up which worked.

going to change the oil and filters this week and take a look at the brakes and strip and clean them. I'm doing m first trackday in June so might change all the pads.

it has a warranty so I could let Renault sort the rear brakes out

RS Clio 200
This Clio was previously owned by somebody who was in the Witney, Oxfordshire area! Wonder why I hadn't seen it recently!