ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 3.0 Twin Turbo Barge...

Leon Cupra 300
Picked this up a few days back.

I couldn't be too picky when it came to options as there isn't many on the market in budget.. Priorities were black or silver with black leather and xenons.

Ended up with silver and black leather with xenons, privacy glass and bluetooth. The xenons may sound daft to some but without them I think the front end looks pretty cheap.

So far I've added LED angel eye bulbs to replace the yellowy standard halogen bulb. These look just like all the newer BM's, pretty subtle.

I've made the headlight washers work again, just a fuse luckily.

It's had a recent service so doesn't want for anything other than a full set of tyres! (this was negotiated into the price) I'll be putting a pair of winters on the back, too. Needs a new set of plates and some new wiper blades.

It's like a new car inside and out, the wheels have had a fairly recent refurb (they look a bit grey in the pics but it's just brake dust)

Only one pic so far...

335d.gif

Comments welcome!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Very nice. They go very well indeed. Any plans on remapping? Simon at emaps did my 320d very knowledgable. Oh and bin the run flats, awful tyres. Other than that great car.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That is really nice mate, how does it compare to the Saab? I imagine Paul will be working his magic on it?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
You'll probably find the fuse was pulled out because they have lost the headlight washer covers at some point,it's pretty common especially in cold weather when you use them they blow straight off

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Downpipe and map and then you have a q car very few can keep with!

One of the few cars that look good in silver too

e91 330d/type r mini
looks very nice mate, you never said my front end looked cheap without the xenons when i took you out in mine ;)
im guessing you liked the trip out in it as within a few days you went out and bought one :)

Nice motor. I'd be the same as you, couldn't own one without Xenons. Baffles me when somebody spends upwards of £30k on a brand new motor and doesn't spec them.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
How's the box? I drove two (535s) and both had gearbox issues. It's the only thing stopping me from getting one tbh.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Very nice! Great engine! My GF's dad had a 335d Coupe and it went very well!

I pick up my F30 330d in december, Silver with Black leather! :cool:

Leon Cupra 300
Very nice. They go very well indeed. Any plans on remapping? Simon at emaps did my 320d very knowledgable. Oh and bin the run flats, awful tyres. Other than that great car.

In the new year.. I'll take it down to RS Tuning. He's done a few with good results. RF's are going. Going with Hankook K117

Bloody lovely that is!

Cheers mate

Nice, really like these. Hearing good things about tunability as well.

Aye.. Circa 350hp / 600lbft

Tidy bus mate! :)

Cheers

Looks good love the lights :cool:

I'm happy with the outcome for sure.

Wow, looks fantastic and we've only seen one pic!

I'll add some more in a few weeks.

That is really nice mate, how does it compare to the Saab? I imagine Paul will be working his magic on it?

Yeah I'll get Paul to do it.. It's about as quick now as the Saab was mapped. Stacks up, it's 15hp down but 40lbft up.

Love that. Great choice.

Cheers

You'll probably find the fuse was pulled out because they have lost the headlight washer covers at some point,it's pretty common especially in cold weather when you use them they blow straight off

The fuse was there but burnt out. Replaced and they worked straight off. Trying to empty the bottle so I can use my own decent stuff in it.

Didn't you have the Mundeo before mate?
Very nice, will have to look out for this around town :)

Yes had the ST220. But had a 2.8T Saab 9-3 and a Clio 197 Cup since.. hopefully this will last lol

Downpipe and map and then you have a q car very few can keep with!

One of the few cars that look good in silver too

Yeah after the filter delete.. I didn't want silver at first but it's grown on me tbh. The privacy glass looks mint on it.

looks very nice mate, you never said my front end looked cheap without the xenons when i took you out in mine ;)
im guessing you liked the trip out in it as within a few days you went out and bought one :)

Ha.. What were those lights you said you were going to get for yours!?

Nice motor. I'd be the same as you, couldn't own one without Xenons. Baffles me when somebody spends upwards of £30k on a brand new motor and doesn't spec them.

Agree fully. The coupe/cab have them std but saloon/touring doesn't.. Find it more odd that a 30k+ BM doesn't have them standard.

How's the box? I drove two (535s) and both had gearbox issues. It's the only thing stopping me from getting one tbh.

Gearbox is silky smooth, no issues. I saw your thread and it surprised me, out of all the research I've done, and potential issues with boost hoses, turbo boost controllers etc the auto box is the one thing I've never seen anyone report a problem with. I know software updates from BMW can smooth out changes etc.

What age 535d you looking at? Will a 54reg 535d have the same 'box as my 335? I've no idea.

Very nice! Great engine! My GF's dad had a 335d Coupe and it went very well!

Cheers.

I pick up my F30 330d in december, Silver with Black leather! :cool:

Do like the F30's, only on the 19's though.. I'll have one (or the 335/340) when they're 5 years old.

Very nice! Great family barge!

I agree about xenons, they look tragic without them!

Cheers. No family though... Well, a wife in March. and a Labrador.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My grandad recently put his 535d on the company insurance, and I've been using it while mine is broke. Such an epic machine, I don't really want the Mini back tbh ha.

Lovely car mate, really superb.

e91 330d/type r mini
I'd advise getting rid of the run shats aswell mate, I changed mine today to some 19s and normal tyes and it drives properly, I'd started to think there was something wrong with mine but it's fine now, will be my first and last car on run shats.

Leon Cupra 300
Sorry. I was wrong about that.. Think about 540-550 for the sake of the gearbox!

although I'm sure i read somewhere that more was possible just not recommended.