ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new BMW fag wagon

So I've been car-less for over two years now, sold my DC5 back in Dec '09, and now i'm reasonably settled i thought id get back behind the wheel again.

My uncle has wanted to sell his BMW for a while, hadn't had a huge amount of interest, so he offered it to me at a price i couldn't refuse. Its a BMW 135i, on around 50K K's. Its a nice car and sounds good but its not really my style and the colour is a little uninspiring so i'm not sure how long i'll hold onto it for. The Mrs loves it though so it may stay for a bit ;)

The car has been well serviced, just had $3,600 dollars spent on it, 4 new tyres, brakes etc. But my uncle isn't one for cleaning, so its needs a lot of work to get it up to a decent standard. It has a wee nick on the rear bumper, which will need to be sorted, the wheels could do with a refurb and it needs machine polishing. I think the only major thing which lets the car down are the wheels, so i may look at changing those at some point, but i'm not too bothered.

Initial impressions are that it drives well, i like the brakes and its great to have a soft top over here, however i'm not an auto fan.

Anyway, i put a rag over it the other day, so thought id wack up some pictures.

DSC08895.jpg

DSC08897.jpg

DSC08898.jpg

DSC08899.jpg

DSC08902.jpg

DSC08904.jpg

DSC08907.jpg

DSC08909.jpg

DSC08913.jpg

DSC08916.jpg

DSC08910.jpg

DSC08919.jpg

The wee nick that needs sorting

DSC08906.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Like it. Last time you posted you were in Croatia or somewhere mate?

When did you move to Oz?

Like it. Last time you posted you were in Croatia or somewhere mate?

When did you move to Oz?

Alright Chris! Well, I was in Poland last year and tried to set up in Croatia but that didn't happen. Just moved over to Oz a few weeks ago for work. Its nice so far. See you've got a 200 coming, why no DC5? :)

Yeah Roy, its not really my thing either, i miss N/A, but it was cheap.

My mum's got one of these, but black with red leather. I've got a proper soft spot for them!

I've driven it once and it was a really nice drive, all I could think about though was everybody thinking I'm a pastry boy. Got so many funny looks.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
We looked at DC5's and S2000's again mate, and it'd actually have been cheaper as you can imagine.

With us living in Central Manchester now, albeit with the car in a locked, underground car park; insurance was the killer.

I was quoted £1280 for a late DC5 but with Jo being on the same policy it made it almost £4k! lol.

A new 200 was the easy option really. £560 to insure for us both, four years warranty and free servicing etc. It was just a better package for us.

Glad things are going well for you though mate! I have family over there, but in Melbourne. Seems a great place to live!

We looked at DC5's and S2000's again mate, and it'd actually have been cheaper as you can imagine.

With us living in Central Manchester now, albeit with the car in a locked, underground car park; insurance was the killer.

I was quoted £1280 for a late DC5 but with Jo being on the same policy it made it almost £4k! lol.

A new 200 was the easy option really. £560 to insure for us both, four years warranty and free servicing etc. It was just a better package for us.

Glad things are going well for you though mate! I have family over there, but in Melbourne. Seems a great place to live!

4K!!! Jesus, crazy money. As you say the 200 seems to stack up pretty well. Enjoy it.

Yes Sam, you can almost watch the fuel guage going down. Good job Brisbane is a small place.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Muchos respect that with something as desirable as a 135i soft-top - that you still have an appreciation of the high-revving Jap motors. :)

Looks a good purchase - liking the profile view with the roof down. And as others - as least you've got the correct climate for it over there. :)

D.

Never above 25mpg
Not what I'd have but looks really nice! Definite set of wheels are in order and I hope the climate control's working fine ;)?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Chris, which flats/which part of Manc are you living in to get insurance on an RS for £560!?!? My quotes in Castlefield were like £1000 and I was 30 on a ph1! Which company? (Sorry for the hijack!).

Nice beemer - if you got it cheap, then sorted! Prefer a hatchback obviously, but then again you are in Oz and not North west England!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great dude, much better with the roof down.

Colour is tidy. I like Silvers. :eek:

Hope life is treating you well mate.

Muchos respect that with something as desirable as a 135i soft-top - that you still have an appreciation of the high-revving Jap motors. :)

Looks a good purchase - liking the profile view with the roof down. And as others - as least you've got the correct climate for it over there. :)

D.

Cheers mate. Yeah, 8500 rpm from a 2L and im a happy man.

not a fan of the colour :(

Its fairly boring, but i dont mind it with the wheels in silver too.

Looks great dude, much better with the roof down.

Colour is tidy. I like Silvers. :eek:

Hope life is treating you well mate.

Nice one Gally, cheers.

Not for me, the soft top looks terrible up.

Cos its a bit baggy?

I like the profile of it when the roof is down. Could look awesome with some different wheels on. Possibly CSL wheels.