ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Jap content.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It will be very sad to see my little baby going :( I love my Clio but I feel its time to move on.

I've had my eye out for one and I've been saving like mad. I wanted a motor with ok mileage (my Clio is on 80k) as it needs to last a few years.
Went to look at it this morning after I viewed a couple last weekend, but they weren't great. One felt and looked ragged to death.
I got to the dealership this morning, took it out and it felt great. Pulled very well, bodywork is in good condition, FSH, 47k, MOT'd and serviced before I pick her up.

So, goodbye Clio :'(

Hello Type R :)

Last edited:
As much as I'm not a huge fan of the EP3 for it's steering issues that's a solid upgrade from your 1.6 there. You'll no doubt get acquainted with the local petrol station thanks to vtec addiction soon enough.

ph1 track weapon
I work for Honda, and have to say that having spent time in the EP3s, that the steering really really puts me off!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Even on the test drives, Vtec addiction has started :eek:

Going to leave as is for a bit. But plans include Tegiwa Intake, possibly Spoon exhaust, coilovers (probably Tein) and some wheels, but not sure what.

nhb ep3
Get yourself on CTRO.

The apparent steering issues, arent an issue once you get used to it, just a matter of adjustment, is far better car than my old 172.

Enjoy.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I thought the steering was fine, but my Clio was a boat being so low ;)
I shall join all the forums and clubs asap. Cheers Dude!

Get yourself on CTRO.

The apparent steering issues, arent an issue once you get used to it, just a matter of adjustment, is far better car than my old 172.

Enjoy.

My dad had one of the first back in 2001 I drove it plenty it's nothing to do with getting used to it they just lack feel/feedback in comparison to Renault RS models or the EK9 that proceeded it.

nhb ep3
I disagree, coming from a 172 and a clio v6, took a bit of getting used to at first, but now i love it, on road and track, its a great car.

Each to their own but I think it's the biggest flaw in the car. The seating position, gearbox and engine are superb but the steering feel and looks let them down.

nhb ep3
Yeah totally, i personally like the look of them too, would rather a DC5, but the price of them when i got my ep3 were crazy.

I think the only car that could get me back into a french car, would be a megane 250.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Each to their own but I think it's the biggest flaw in the car. The seating position, gearbox and engine are superb but the steering feel and looks let them down.

Can't add anything more than that.

Such a shame that a simple little thing can let a really good car down.

Great upgrade though mate and I don't think you'll notice the steering problem.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm sure there's things you can upgrade to make the feel better. They do have 0% feel but you can trust the chasis on the limit. Not as adjustable on tighter stuff as a 182 but more stable on high speed corners. Power differs on each car too. Some are quite a lot faster than others.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers guys!
It did feel weird keeping my foot down so long, and compared to my Clio the thing is preeetty quick!
I found myself getting used to it quite quickly though which is good. Just can't wait to pick it up now :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nice upgrade.... I prefer the looks of the pre facelift versions for some reason :/

Listerine & Poledo
So how far do you deliver to then?

:)

Sorry that was cheap. Love these things, nice machine you've got there.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
So how far do you deliver to then?

:)

Sorry that was cheap. Love these things, nice machine you've got there.

:eek: cheeeeeky b*****d!

Kiddin', cheers mate!

Jimbo, I've read about the kpro stuff on ctro, seems interesting ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
sorry. meant to finish typing but the boss was behind me and must have hit send.

but yeah i prefer the pre-facelift model. they drive brilliantly (agree with the steering fault though) and the vtec is very addictive. would love to own one one day if there are any prefacelift straight ones knocking about.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Vtec addiction isn't even funny now, petrol is costing me an arm and a leg :eek:
I prefer the rear lights on the pre-facelift, so i'll be getting a set of them soon I think.

Payday next week which hopefully means Spoon n1 (either new or 2nd hand off ctro) and maybe a silenced B-pipe too. Or, Tegiwa intake, but i'm scared of chopping my scuttle up :D

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Its miiiiles faster than the VTR :approve:
And yeaah, I just included them in the part-ex. I got a decent price so it wasn't worth the hastle.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Lol he is still alive, took him out last night in the new car and made him s**t himself ;)
He sold his two tone 1.1 and someone wrapped it round a tree a few days later.

Since then he's had another 1.1, a Furio, a VTR and now has a 1.6 Astra.
But he's getting a 1.4 Corsa next week I think.

Tin Can with wheels
the scuttle MOD is easy to do, im running the Tegiwa intake... you think your addicted to the Vtec now... get the Tegiwa intake on and listen to the change over :evil:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
the scuttle MOD is easy to do, im running the Tegiwa intake... you think your addicted to the Vtec now... get the Tegiwa intake on and listen to the change over :evil:

Everyones said it easy, but im just worried about cutting it up. May try and get one thats already been cut off CTRO ;)