ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Jap content.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I looked through your thread last week ;)

Hows the exhaust? I like the bigger ones like the DC, BuddyClub etc, but I really want a Spoon. Only thing putting me off is the noise the things make!

Mini Cooper S
DC is great! attended a meet a few weeks back and one guy had a buddyclub spec IV best sound on an ep3 bar far for me. Im trying to get a swap for one as they dont make them anymore :( Ive also heard the engine torque damper makes it a bit bone shattering but never witness this myself. My next mod's wheel refurb and tint the rear windows not too dark though!

Mini Cooper S
I think its just away for clio owners to jump on the ep3 bashing bandwagon.

You on CTRO?

Yeah mate on CTRO and a few others are you on there? Your probably right haha i had 2 182's and a R27 before the type r i thought they were awsome and still do but i can honestly say it beats them hands down!

nhb ep3
Yeah mate on CTRO and a few others are you on there? Your probably right haha i had 2 182's and a R27 before the type r i thought they were awsome and still do but i can honestly say it beats them hands down!

Yeah im on there, my user name is steve83 though.

Same here, i had a clio v6 and a 172 before the civic, had the civic a year now and still not bored of it.

Mini Cooper S
Yeah im on there, my user name is steve83 though.

Same here, i had a clio v6 and a 172 before the civic, had the civic a year now and still not bored of it.

Its the only car ive had that im not bored of! changed cars like hot dinners over the past couple of years now but the type r is deffo a keeper!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Facelifts have better ratios, and have slightly more involved steering.

I have a tool in the garage that can take the spindle gear out of the motor of the EPS on these, unfortunately it made the steering dangerously heavy on mine lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Hmmm, I may look into a BuddyClub then :)

I FINALLY got my account activated on CTRO today, only made a couple of posts but it looks like a decent place!

Mini Cooper S
Hmmm, I may look into a BuddyClub then :)

I FINALLY got my account activated on CTRO today, only made a couple of posts but it looks like a decent place!

Buddyclub is the one look on youtube at the vid's it's loud! i really want one but i think the noise would be too much maybe!:D i also go on type r owners theres a meet on in the lakes on the 11th june

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I still think these are good loking cars.I obviously went for the FN2 but i still like the EP3.

Still the same great engine even if my vtec kicks in a teeny bit earlier...

Mini Cooper S
I still think these are good loking cars.I obviously went for the FN2 but i still like the EP3.

Still the same great engine even if my vtec kicks in a teeny bit earlier...

Im really loving the FN2's at the moment would kill for the mugen version! and the new mugen CRZ looks the nut's will be exspensive no doubt!?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cleaned it last night, so thought i'd post a couple of pictures to *****.
Hondata airbox mod is done, also HID are in. Slow progress on this tbh, not a lot of money at the moment :eek:
Looking at getting an unsilenced B pipe soon, along with some ABP springs. (cant afford coilovers atm).

Not had the best luck. Someones reversed into me, so I need to sort out my back bumper.
Also got some random clunking going on, so I need that looking at. Along with a squeeky clutch pedal too.

[/whoring]

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
A few pics after its 15 hour detail over the weekend. I will post the detailing world link when it's done, lots of pics etc.
Slow progress so far with this, got a few bits on their way though :)

DSC02412-1.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

An example of the bad paint work

Wing before
DSC02388.jpg

Wing after two passes of Power Gloss and Megs Speed Glaze
DSC02390.jpg

The whole car was awful. Lol.

Mini Cooper S
Stunning mate! Wish I still had mine? I'm looking at them again and FN2's just cant decide which one?!?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Cheers guys, my back is ruined from all the polishing! Glad me and my mate shared the work tbh.
Love how it's turned out though.

Last edited:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Small update.
Had this n1 on a week, linked to a bigger bored unsilenced b-pipe. It's erm...loud?

Excuse the dirty as f**k car.

DSC02425.jpg

Next on the list is an inlet mani, and maybe coilovers if the budget reaches it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It's close, lol.
The car has developed a little interior rattle somewhere in the back due to it.

I will get a video, the sound in VTEC is actually boner worthy. SO nice.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The motorway is hell, my ears were actually ringing when I stopped and got out, lol!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Short video clip of the exhaust. Pretty s**t though.

Taken me a while to post, obviously on a tiny bit of private road! Will try and get another from outside at some speed, the noise is f**king LOL.
Don't flame me :cool:

Car is for sale btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely car mate. Wheels look fab in that colour too. Really like these cars. 3 of my mates have got CTRs. All in a different model though. Spoon exhausts are LOUDDDDDDDDDD.

Oh just seen it's for sale now. Reading fail by me.

Why so soon!?

Wow it even sounds like its shaking the back end off. Think that would get on my tits awful quickly. Is that why your selling it :rasp:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
TBF it sounds like its bedded in a bit now and if i'm doing long journeys and keep my foot feathered I forget it's there.
It's when you lift off and it pops a bit and rasps you're like 'FML'.

I'm just selling because i'm a little bored of it tbh!