ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car = new cleaning products

clio 16v
What do I need to get a big shine? The most I did before was a bucket of water, some shampoo usually auto glym and a micro fibre to dry. Is that going to lift give me maximum shine? I just got a new car and it's bright red so I'm hoping to make it gleam.

Advice wanted on :
Shampoo
Drying towels
Spray detailer and what not

Help me please perfectionists :) not sure if this will work but I'll try attach the photo below

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...1263214746_596859745_11698603_695125779_n.jpg

Not a 320d
Welcome to the land of opinions.

Dodo Juice Born To be mild or Shampoo Plus are the only shampoos worth considering.
Ultra Plush Yellow Drying towels from i4detailing or polished bliss are the only drying towels worth considering.

Dont bother with a spray detailer just yet, I rarely use spray detailers never on my own car either.

Clay the car.

Start yourself out with something like a combo of Poorboys Blackhole and then a Wax. The glaze will hide any swirls within reason and give it some depth.

FK1000p If you want a durable wax/sealant which when you move onto bigger things can be used for doorshuts and wheels, or as a winter wax.

If not try some other wax theres 100's. Dodo Juice Blue Velevet, Purple Haze Pro, natty's red, Vics Red, Zymol carbon.....to name a few.

Last edited:
Welcome to the land of opinions.

You're wrong.

Dodo Juice Born To be mild or Shampoo Plus are the only shampoos worth considering.

You're wrong; GTechniq GWash and Meguiars Hyper Wash.

Ultra Plush Yellow Drying towels from i4detailing or polished bliss are the only drying towels worth considering.

You're wrong.

Dont bother with a spray detailer just yet, I rarely use spray detailers never on my own car either.

You're wrong - Megs No16 is useful as a drying aid...

Clay the car.

... and is a good lube for claying with Megs Mild Clay.

Start yourself out with something like a combo of Poorboys Blackhole and then a Wax. The glaze will hide any swirls within reason and give it some depth.

Red Mousse Glaze on that colour. You're wrong.

FK1000p If you want a durable wax/sealant which when you move onto bigger things can be used for doorshuts and wheels, or as a winter wax.

You're wrong.

If not try some other wax theres 100's. Dodo Juice Blue Velevet, Purple Haze Pro, natty's red, Vics Red, Zymol carbon.....to name a few.

You're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's actually perfectly right on all points, but I watched the episode last night and I reheheheheally couldn't resist.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if you're new to the game, I'd go from claying straight onto a sealant like thee werkstat kit or autofinesse tough coat, much simpler to apply than a wax

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh hi! Wekstat is a great should for a beginner! So simple!