ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
After it was inspected by my fiancee's cousin and found to be in mint condition, with the exception of the front pads and discs, (which the dealer is replacing before I pick it up) I put down a deposit on it today.

gv55awz.jpg

gv55awz.jpg

gv55awz.jpg

GV55AWZ3.jpg

Its a Hyundai Coupe V6. Millions of extras, full leather interior etc. Really happy, just a shame I couldn't get the dealer to knock anything off, but saying that parkers has the value at being £750 more anyway. Looking at what else was avaiable on the web this one seems cheap.

Best bit, from a 1.4 Clio to the 2.7 Hyundai only £80 a year more in insurance. As its pre 2006 it is only tax bracket F rather than G which is great. I pick it up next Sat

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
160 something brake i think, still a good upgrade from a 1.4,My mates got a 1.6 s version that's proper slow but interior etc is nice.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not my cup of tea at all, but a very good car none the less.

Its a nice big comfy cruiser, not a hot hatch. People seem to forget this.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Yeah it is meant to sound very nice!!

It will stay standard bar the indicator bulbs!

It literally has electric everything and is defo an upgrade on the Clio, totally agree regarding the power from the engine, but due to it being a fuel guzzler I won't be driving around like Lewis Hamilton anyway.

172, Tiguan
Driven one before. Not that quick, but a very nice looking car. Good step up from your Clio as well!

MKIII 138
erm..

the more they change it the more they improve it over the years, the latest version does look good. they just need to put a proper engine combo in it for a start, something like a 2.0T / 1.8T and make it RWD + get prodrive to sort the handlnig

Trophy #490
Should be much quicker than it is, poor power output for a V6, 170bhp IIRC?

I do like 'em though. Nice looking car, and a big upgrade no doubt. Didn't you fancy a 172/182/CTR etc? A lot of brilliant cars out there for the same price.....

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Nah, I wanted an auto again and as renault's quickest auto Clio is the 1.6 16v which in all honesty is only a mild improvement on what I had, I had to look elsewhere. I do like the 172/182's and I hope one day my fiancee will like driving my CLio so much she decides to get one.

I initially wanted an imprezza estate, but they are very slow. 0-60 12secs, then looked at these and they are much quicker, then looked for faster auto's with the exception of the Vectra GSI (155mph top speed and 0-60 in 7 secs) and a Merc convertable I couldn't really find anything quicker in my price range. I was warned off the Vectra V6's so went with the Hyundai, still dealers warrenty, full leather and will seem quick compared to my Clio, plus MPG looks the same!!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Picked it up yesterday, lovely drive back from Luton apart from the fact that one of the tires had a chunk in the tire wall and needed replacing, had to pump up at a petrol station from 9 psi to 35 and luckily it stayed up until we got back so I could buy a new one. As we were driving back I kept on hitting the wiper instead of the headlight flash and realised there was no water in the reseviour(sp). I filled it this morning and it comes straight out the bottom. Hopefully this will be cover under the warranty. Will find out later!

Checked over all the paperwork and there is no receipt for the car. The next service is due May 13th and its the 50000 timing belt service so I can imagine I will be looking at about £1k, which I don't have. The car was advertised on 44000 miles, but it had 46500. I thought it would be a good 9 months until I got to 50000, but due to previous intervals and the fact the last person did so many miles it means the 50000 big one needs to be done 6 months early. Totally regret buying it and I've only had it a day.

Wouldn't be so bad if we werent getting married in September and going to florida, we currently have £150 worth of dollars as spending money. On Friday at work our 1/4ly bonus was halved from 5% to 2.5% of our 1/4ly salary, I was really counting on this.

I would strongly advise never buying a car and doing as few checks as I did. It is hpi clear and I had a mechanic look over it, but this really was not enough. I wish I had got the RAC to check over it now and stumped up the £280 to do it.

Still, looks nice and goes well.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  FTO GPX 2.0 V6
thats not good fella!

get it back to the dealer and get the tyre, and water reservoir fixed.

Already bought a new tyre, the garage I got the car from has a great website, but the actual premises are a portacabin and a fence! There is no way I am ever going back there and just hope the Hyundai garage will do the water bottle under the 5 year warranty. If not they can sod off with the 50k service until it gets to 50k. God knows what actually is covered. I'd imagine most things would be classed as wear and tear.

Golf R
tyre - fight them for it and see if you can get full or even part payment towards it.
water bottle - garage might not have known but having found it so soon into ownership i'd be battling with them to sort it

if the mileage has jumped up by 2,500 i'd say someone has been using it so the above two things were probably known about - can'r prove that though.

real pisser about the big service being due too :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bugger, sounds like it could have been cheapo for a reason :dapprove:

With regards to not getting any money off, Daniel will probably hate me for this, but no money off = no deal for me lol