ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio

2004 Clio 182
My panel filter finally arrived today. bit annoyed at POTN.com as it took them 11 days to get it to me, which is fair enough as it could well have been out of stock but was quoted as 3-5 days, and they didnt reply to my email about devilery dates.

err... now all i need to do is work out how to fit it.

What else can i do to improve the intake of the car, people say relocate the intake pipe and increase its diameter and add a HillPower silicone bend in there. can someone give me a few more details on this? Can all this be done to a 1.6 as i have only even seen it spoken of with regards to a 172.

Also, what is the small box about 15cm square between the air box and the start of the cold air inlet? (it goes Back of headlight >> tubing section 1 >> Small box >> tubing section 2 >> air box on the back of engine.)??

Dave

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
^Shame that, POTN were amazing with my alloys, arrived in 3 days waaaaaaay up north in Scotland. When I phoned the girl was very helpful, and was suprised they didn't arrive the day before.

Also, to answer your question about the bonnet alarm, no. I didn't even know what it was for untill you just said. So no, I just disconnected mine and left it at that.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Your car is looking really smart Boyce. I love the new grill, very nice. It's amazing how much different the new bulbs make it look too. Nice going mate, keep up the good work. ;) :D

clio 1.4 dynamique+
Mate you definitley got a steal there, i paid more than that for my 1.4 with more miles on the clock!! And it has definitely come up nice since you have been working on it.
Anyway i was wondering you say you had to hack saw the gear knob off?? Is there no other way? And does the lift up collar for reverse gear still work ok? The reason i ask is because i am just looking into adding/changing a few of the parts to my interior and was also wondering whether you got any interior door handles?
I'm not sure as to whether mine are caple or rod type as i have had a look and there is a definite cable at the back but they look the same (at the back) to a pair on ebay which are supposedly rod type?!
Black was deffo the best colour to get so you don't have to bother about getting colour coding etc....I would give my left testicle to have mine colour coded but i don't know of anywhere near here (Leics) i can get it done cheap(ish).
Anyway mate I agree that you should blatently get some new wheels, apart from that it looks sound to me!!:)
(Oh i have just bought some of those philips front and side repeaters after reading all this!!Good job)