ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new clio!

'07 197
Decided to go for it and get myself a new toy! I did have a mk2 1.6 16v clio which I did a few things to including replacing the interior with 172 interior and anthracite wheels but I bit the bullet and got myself a sport! A nice little 197 caught my eye and it had to be done! I hear a lot of things about its poor mpg (big difference from the 1.6!) But I love it! It drives ace, handles well and from the old 1.6 the power is pretty nice too!
Had it nearly 2 weeks now and only just got round to popping this thread up and uploading a photo. The only thing im not a fan of is the kangarooing when cold but if anyone has any thoughts or tips for it, fire away :D

Attachments

• IMG_20131121_222037.jpg
    IMG_20131121_222037.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 44
  275 Trophy
That looks good fella, glad your enjoying it.

The kangarooing - they all do this to some extent, even my R26 a little. High octane fuel helped in my old 172, and conversely, cheap supermarket fuel made it a lot worse.

'07 197
That looks good fella, glad your enjoying it.

The kangarooing - they all do this to some extent, even my R26 a little. High octane fuel helped in my old 172, and conversely, cheap supermarket fuel made it a lot worse.

Cheers mate :D all I've used in it since I got it is Shell Vpower, I guess its something ill get used to after a bit, or so a bit more looking into how to stop or help stop it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I always run mine for a few minutes (at least one) before driving it. Mine never kangaroos when doing this.

Have heard as above they seem to be worse on pov spec fuel. Mines only ever had v power though or bp ultimate.

'07 197
I always run mine for a few minutes (at least one) before driving it. Mine never kangaroos when doing this.

Have heard as above they seem to be worse on pov spec fuel. Mines only ever had v power though or bp ultimate.

I did leave it a while before setting off from work today and it helped a lot so I think thats the answer! Just need to be more patient before driving :p I sae something about turning the traction control off too but I cant imagine it making much difference