ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Corolla T-Sport

Corolla T-Sport
Recently got my hands on a Red Corolla T-Sport with 65K on the clock.
Mechanically this car appears to of been well maintained, serviced and cared for, it drives beautifully (especially over 6200rpm).
The downside is the bodywork and interior all came to me a little scruffy, therefore the last week has been spent tinkering on the car (being back from uni means I have a lot of time on my hands). It has come up reasonably well, there are a few issues such as lacquer peel, damage to the window black border and fag burns on the seats which I need to get my head around. However i'm pleased with how it's come up.

Plans in terms of mods at the moment are not major because insurance. So only things such as clean plates, LED's, new stereo with and aux/usb input. Looking to the future I plan to lower, induction and cat back exhaust.

After all i know i'm lucky to own a 190bhp car being 19.

DSC_4918.jpg
DSC_4925.jpg
DSC_4921.jpg
DSC_4927.jpg
DSC_4928.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting choice! Always liked them after driving one years and years ago now.

Corolla T-Sport
Excuse the car being dirty but done a few minor things (de-wipered, de-badged, clean plates and plastidipped front emblem and faded rear boot strip). Not sure about the black rear boot strip, i'll keep an eye out for a replacement.

13632746_1333385583356735_975502833_o.jpg
13646661_1333384880023472_498109999_o.jpg

13681767_1333384833356810_1186535469_o.jpg

I'm currently attempting to sort some of the lacquer peel, just using wet and dry and re-lacquering over the top.
I also popped into the local toyota dealership to ask about costs to re-cover the lower part to driver and passenger seats as they have fag burns from the previous owner. Turns out just for the fabric it's over £600..... Does anyone have any suggestions where to take them to be repaired? West midlands area.
13616142_1333385720023388_1055761119_o.jpg
13632676_1333385350023425_1157355753_o.jpg

Attachments

• 13633249_1333384750023485_1060480335_o.jpg
    13633249_1333384750023485_1060480335_o.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 13639913_1333385036690123_1520134023_o.jpg
    13639913_1333385036690123_1520134023_o.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 13662542_1333385013356792_1861832623_o.jpg
    13662542_1333385013356792_1861832623_o.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 13682426_1333385676690059_183275744_o.jpg
    13682426_1333385676690059_183275744_o.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 207
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
I want one of these engines for my MR2 but I'm not mental to think I can do it in a weekend and don't want to pay the value of the car to have it done.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I want one of these engines for my MR2 but I'm not mental to think I can do it in a weekend and don't want to pay the value of the car to have it done.
Have you driven one? Not as good as you'd expect tbh. I considered it, turbo is much better.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Have you driven one? Not as good as you'd expect tbh. I considered it, turbo is much better.
Had a very brief drive of one (quick blast up 1 junction of DC) and it felt good, but not £4k good. I like the turbo option too but I'd want the TTE kit. Super annoyingly, one came up on eBay about a year ago (I have a notification saved now) for £2k BIN for the full kit off a crashed car.

I wasted time haggling with the dude and it sold. Afterward it started to sink in how much of a bargain that was.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a very brief drive of one (quick blast up 1 junction of DC) and it felt good, but not £4k good. I like the turbo option too but I'd want the TTE kit. Super annoyingly, one came up on eBay about a year ago (I have a notification saved now) for £2k BIN for the full kit off a crashed car.

I wasted time haggling with the dude and it sold. Afterward it started to sink in how much of a bargain that was.
Is mattperformance still knocking about on the owners forum? He did loads on mine, and was involved with the original development of the tte kit (iirc)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Is mattperformance still knocking about on the owners forum? He did loads on mine, and was involved with the original development of the tte kit (iirc)
Toyota Team Europe did the TTE kit, he was involved with the SP (Silverstone performance) kit which was basically an exhaust (including sports cat) and different piggyback ECU.

I'd probably consider one of them too, but would want the TTE in a perfect world.

But to answer your question no, he doesn't do MR2 stuff anymore. Still has one, just isn't open for business.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Toyota Team Europe did the TTE kit, he did the SP (Silverstone performance) kit which was basically an exhaust (including sports cat) and different piggyback ECU.

I'd probably consider one of them too, but would want the TTE in a perfect world.

But to answer your question no, he doesn't do MR2 stuff anymore. Still has one, just isn't open for business.
That's a shame. Mine was hilarious, coilovers, chassis braces, modified rack with power steering delete, modified gear linkage, Elise drivers seat etc etc.

Swift Sport
Underrated little motors these... One of my mates has one and he's spent a small fortune on it (you might be familiar with it if you're in the owners club, it's a blue 5dr). Much quicker than the figures suggest!

My mate had one of these, had the optional Recaro Seats which was a really rare option i was told, it was a nice car, quicker than the stats sugest, at the time my Astra VXR wasn't that much quicker!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Cracking looking motor , shame about the fag burns . You can get a smart repair done . I had one done on my old 172's seat that had a fag burn . It was totally invisible afterwards. Your seats might be a bit of a b*****d to match though . It's worth looking online for car seat smart repairs in your area and giving them a ring . Nothing to lose except the price of a phone call .

mk1 Octavia VRS
Pretty sure these use lots of oil so keep an eye on it
It's the pre-facelift Celica 140s that commonly drink oil - the 190s shouldn't use much.

Cracking car for a 19 year old. My brother had a 1.4 version as his first car and it was super reliable. I've driven one before and it's a decent alternative to an EP3 Civic if you want to avoid the Type R running costs.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates had a few of these including the supercharged one. I've liked them all tbh. Great cars.

Corolla T-Sport
Underrated little motors these... One of my mates has one and he's spent a small fortune on it (you might be familiar with it if you're in the owners club, it's a blue 5dr). Much quicker than the figures suggest!

What owners club is he on mate? the ones i've been surfing through seem utter sh*t compared to this. But for the price you pay these cars are pretty faultless, the one issue is the gear ratio just seems odd, 5th and 6th are 200 revs different.

Cracking looking motor , shame about the fag burns . You can get a smart repair done . I had one done on my old 172's seat that had a fag burn . It was totally invisible afterwards. Your seats might be a bit of a b*****d to match though . It's worth looking online for car seat smart repairs in your area and giving them a ring . Nothing to lose except the price of a phone call .

I was looking into getting a repair done however the passenger hole is too big for it to be discrete. I've been surfing the web and found someone local ish breaking a t-sport with the same seats, he said I can have the front bases £50 for the pair. Just need an excuse to drive up that way. Cheers though!

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Corolla T-Sport
Small amount of progress, found some seats in way better condition with no fag burns or bolster damage, they are shampooed and in.
Some nicer looking mats I found in the garage, t sport ones are rare, expensive and ugly.
Also fitted an aftermarket headunit, nothing fancy just so I can have an aux cable.
I've been trying to repair some of the lacquer peel by sanding and re-lacquering. More to prevent it getting worse than anything.
Plans for the rest of summer is lower on springs (40mm eibachs), rear anti roll bar (best mod for handling I've been advised) and possibly a TTE front bumper.
2d6dddb70ff6a19ba40f7dab82404e77.jpg

edbf5e1cca96212e926dfd4045161338.jpg

92b5413dc6b10074df5fc8c0391007ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corolla T-Sport
Looks really well that, nice to see it lowered. Not mad on the black rear strip but hey ho.

Cheers mate, should get it done within the next few weeks. Also sourced a none faded boot strip so it's red again [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo 5 RS
Nice spec / car for being 19, for sure. You'll probably like to hear this too - I'd have this over the supercharged one. It's the biggest pile of s**t in existence. That is a perfectly reasonable technical analysis from anyone who's driven one. Just in case you were thinking "one day" lol

Swift Sport
Nice spec / car for being 19, for sure. You'll probably like to hear this too - I'd have this over the supercharged one. It's the biggest pile of s**t in existence. That is a perfectly reasonable technical analysis from anyone who's driven one. Just in case you were thinking "one day" lol
Yeah I've also heard that the supercharged version isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Corolla T-Sport

Thanks mate, yeah a lot of reviews claim you're paying a lot more for little power gains, far worse mpg and higher tax. No the reason I got this is because it's affordable, quick and not bad looking for my age, not particularly a car I desire to stick with or upgrade to the compressor. It was between this and 182 and the insurance was £400 cheaper on a T-sport which explains my choice.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Toyota Corolla Compressor - Wow, never even knew this car existed! Looks like I haven't been missing out though lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates compressor went like stink. Quicker than his N/A but it had been slightly fettled with.