ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Diesel shed

Revels Mum & Sister
Decided to go Diesel as I get my speed thrills from the bike. Wanted something comfy and fairly solid (Yes I know it is an Alfa)

Picked it up for £1900, needs a clutch which a friend and me are doing up at Audi this weekend. Only a couple of owners, with mainly motorway miles (109K). Lot of work done on it recently included a near complete suspension refresh.

Had it a week now and loving it. :) Not too everyone's taste but I like it and have always wanted to own an Alfa.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
Clutch is about £450-500 supplied and fitted. Clutch is about £175 quids. Interior is nice. Bit more of a soul than an Audi A4/A3.

Knows it Ali san. I would have loved a GTA however I did not really want to spend another £6-7K odd!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Clutch is about £450-500 supplied and fitted. Clutch is about £175 quids. Interior is nice. Bit more of a soul than an Audi A4/A3.

Knows it Ali san. I would have loved a GTA however I did not really want to spend another £6-7K odd!

I look at every GTA on the road...Couldn't give a monkeys if i see scoobs, evos, clio's...But the 147 is a good looking bus, esp the GTA! Stella choice!

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah pretty much mate. Would have been about £2600-2700 with a newish clutch in I guess. He was going to part ex and was offered £1300 so he snapped my hand off.

Revels Mum & Sister
I look at every GTA on the road...Couldn't give a monkeys if i see scoobs, evos, clio's...But the 147 is a good looking bus, esp the GTA! Stella choice!

GTA do look f**king awesome in Red. Did they ever make them in that lovely white Alfa do?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely, but bits will fail! Going down the motorway a few years back in one, the entire lower dash fell down, no idea how the guy held it!

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah you mentioned that ;) Sure they will but all cars have bits fail, do not forget I am coming from a 172 so used to bits breaking! I do not see how the whole of the dash fell off. It is on there solid unless it was removed previously.

Turbos.
Bad times, not been punting much gear lately, player? Fcuking recession!

Not a proper Alfa, but better than a Ford or Vauxhall...i'd probably kill myself if i had to have something that mundane, whereas the Alfa has something about it. I would never of guessed it was that cheap!

Guy at work had one of these. Oddly enough he is a biker too, had a complete lemon literally went wrong every week.

I do love that car though, interior looks lovely. Red dash ftw, just like my bike lol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yeah you mentioned that ;) Sure they will but all cars have bits fail, do not forget I am coming from a 172 so used to bits breaking! I do not see how the whole of the dash fell off. It is on there solid unless it was removed previously.
It's an Alfa. Logic, screws, bolts, none will stand in the way of them breaking. Hope I'm wrong, awesome cars in a lot of ways.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Is that the 1,9 120bhp unit?

Good value for money. Few wee nice to haves in the cabin as well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good choice sir! Cheap too!

I sold my 03 plate 3 door with 3 different shades of red paint, 137,000 miles and no service history for £2800.

You will love it. Something very pleasing about driving an Alfa! :D

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
very nice bus for the money, good choice... not sure what the 16v's fetch now but they are great motors! enjoy alfa ownership..