ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Evo V

White Evo V
As some of you may know I have recently sold my SC 172! :dapprove:

A few people have requested pics of my new whip, so here it is!

Its a 1998 Evo V GSR in scotia white, covered 61k miles. The chap who I bought it off payed £15k for it in 2006 (still have reciept) and he has covered only 1806 miles in the car in 4 years! He was the type of chap who had it to look at and polish, not drive :S

It was locked in a big unit and all covered up! It came with reciepts for over £2000 of little tiny bits he has bought to tidy the car up! Eg: new wheel arch liners, 100's of new clips, bolts, studs etc... new rad, new front and rear splitters, the list goes on, he bought all these parts from Mitsubishi just because the old ones looked warn - Crazy! He also serviced it every year even though he had only covered about 400 miles per annum in it! New Brembo dics and pads and 4 brand spanking Bridgestone tyres!

Its had the wheels and brakes refurbished and the bodywork is second to none, not one dent, scratch or bad bit of paintwork! Its literally one of the cleanest cars ive ever owned, even the interior has no wear whatsoever and not one mark!!!

I just couldnt believe my eyes when I got there to pick it up, It looked nothing like this on eBay! The guy advertised it very badly and put poor pics up, I thought all my birthdays had come at once!

Since buying it I have bought a 3" cat back Kakimoto exhaust and an Evo VIII actuator. I have also purchased some 20mm wheel spacers but they havnt come yet, just to sit the wheels level with the arches :)

I got it RR'd today at RS Tuning and it made 292bhp and 285lbft @ 1.15bar! Goes really really well, proper throws you into the seat when it comes on boost!

All in all im sooo chuffed with the car! Let me know your opinions!

DSC00886.gif

DSC00885.gif

DSC00888.gif

DSC00890.gif

DSC00892.gif

DSC00893.gif

DSC00894.gif

CopyofDSC00906.gif

CopyofDSC00907.gif

DSC00910.gif

DSC00909.gif

img007.jpg

Last edited:
  White Evo V
Looks like it's in top condition, bit of a bargain was it?

Yeah IMO - £5450 I managed to steal it for! I viewed some at over £6k and they looked totally thrashed!!!

Actuator cost me £100 and exhaust I bought off eBay for a bargain aswell at £150 (RRP when new is over £500)

So all in all I have £5700 in it! :D

ITB BG 182
That looks bob on, really like these cars and dont know how the previous owner was not able to drive it more.

White Evo V
Good power for standard car? RemaP?

No it hasn't been mapped. Just 3" cat back and an Evo VIII actuator, Fuel cut is at 1.2ish bar and the actuator is set at about 1.15bar, standard they run about 0.8-1.0bar I believe so that's why it's slightly up on power! With a walbro fuel pump, downpipe, decat and boost controller it can be mapped to around the 350bhp mark. Those are the next mods on my list!

None
Very nice Ben :) i have to admit to being a bit jealous........

so you coming out for a play this sunday then ;)

Nice ride Ben!! Would be nice to know u`r opinion compared to u`r old 172 SC! I bet the Clio felt like a Go Kart on esteroids hehe what about the Evo.. Congrats!

White Evo V
Nice ride Ben!! Would be nice to know u`r opinion compared to u`r old 172 SC! I bet the Clio felt like a Go Kart on esteroids hehe what about the Evo.. Congrats!

IMO it's a totally different kettle of fish! The Clio felt very very quick but the evos power delivery is far more brutal making it feel even quicker! The torque is immense, the evo just pulls like mad when it comes on boost no matter what gear you are in, with the Clio if you wernt in the right gear it took a while to pick up. I dare say the Clio would keep up but the evo feels alot more sturdy and planted! It's a different ball game altogether. IMHO I prefer the evo to the Clio, like I said it's just far superior and feels built for the power!

HOW CHEAP????

Thats mint mate, totally standard UK car too!

Lol, it's a Jap import :)

IMO it's a totally different kettle of fish! The Clio felt very very quick but the evos power delivery is far more brutal making it feel even quicker! The torque is immense, the evo just pulls like mad when it comes on boost no matter what gear you are in, with the Clio if you wernt in the right gear it took a while to pick up. I dare say the Clio would keep up but the evo feels alot more sturdy and planted! It's a different ball game altogether. IMHO I prefer the evo to the Clio, like I said it's just far superior and feels built for the power!

Thats awesome!!;)