ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Flame Red

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've just bought a flame red 172 after a bit of searching, it's not the tidiest example I'm sure but it will keep me entertained bringing it back up to scratch.

It has cliosport stickers so I'm guessing a previous owner may still be on here or some one may know this car?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181111-113940.jpg
    Screenshot_20181111-113940.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 165

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Saw your post on Facebook. Looks tidy enough mate.. well done on finally buying one.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Look forward to reading this project mate.

I still fancy a nice flamer or monaco.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Well I haven't got any photos yet but I've done a few simple jobs, the boot was more of a nature pond so a quick search found the boot rubber grommets had shrunk and were letting water in so I cleaned them up and silicone them on as a stop gap. Dried the boot out and rehomed the frogs so hopefully that's one problem sorted.

I've fitted new/second-hand door trims and bullets as mine were suffering lacquer peel badly, still need a drivers door handle and passenger side skirt really. Both doors have been opened onto walls so I'm hoping a bit of touch up will be enough to tidy them up otherwise I will look out for someone breaking a flamer within a sensible distance from me.

Had a quick detour on my way back from Motorcycle Live to pick up a perfect headlining to replace my draping fabric one from Mat Brown in Hinkley along with an undertray.

The engine bay has had a clean just to assess the real state of it which isn't as bad as I'd thought.

I'll post some pics soon

Belts at Micks when aux kits are available and a wheel bearing next.