ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTi

Fair play, a four month wait:dapprove: sod that. Pics up when you give it the Rich treatment please :cool:

Just a case of keeping looking !

(Exterior) Treatment is almost done, spent all day on it - will try and get pics over the weekend
Tell me about it, it sooo frustrating trying to find a car that's as good as you want. I get annoyed with waiting & checking everywhere three times a day, you got there in the end though :)

106 GTi
Nice one Rich... I miss my old VTS! So Raw and like you said, so go kart like :dapprove:

I know when I sell the 182 I will miss it's extra grunt. I was fairly matched with my mates GTi 6 last night on the way back from London after collection - fun 2 hour trip though- but then he gets the legs in the end. Need to drive the 182 and it back to back before I decide which one I do keep.

Under 4k and in the wrong gear the GTi feels poor compared to the 182, people say the 1*2's have no torque, the GTi is worse, on cam in the right gear it is deceptive when you see the speedo!

Brakes need some attention, and the steering does not feel as direct straight ahead as the 182 does. Move the wheel a little bit in the 182 and it reacts immediately, not so sharp and precise in the GTi, so may have a look at the bushes etc.

Thats the plan Rich, can't justify the tax for cars that don't go that much better than the older stuff.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
looks lovely rich, as said needs more pics of your days work!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Nice one Rich... I miss my old VTS! So Raw and like you said, so go kart like :dapprove:

I know when I sell the 182 I will miss it's extra grunt. I was fairly matched with my mates GTi 6 last night on the way back from London after collection - fun 2 hour trip though- but then he gets the legs in the end. Need to drive the 182 and it back to back before I decide which one I do keep.

Under 4k and in the wrong gear the GTi feels poor compared to the 182, people say the 1*2's have no torque, the GTi is worse, on cam in the right gear it is deceptive when you see the speedo!

Brakes need some attention, and the steering does not feel as direct straight ahead as the 182 does. Move the wheel a little bit in the 182 and it reacts immediately, not so sharp and precise in the GTi, so may have a look at the bushes etc.

Thats the plan Rich, can't justify the tax for cars that don't go that much better than the older stuff.

Get some 206 GTi Calipers and Discs, Some decent shocks and springs (pug sport?) and finally a decent enclosed air filter and sort yourself out with a decent 4-2-1 manifold and de cat if your feeling like a real man ;) ...

Then your laughing Rich!

106 GTi

Get some 206 GTi Calipers and Discs, Some decent shocks and springs (pug sport?) and finally a decent enclosed air filter and sort yourself out with a decent 4-2-1 manifold and de cat if your feeling like a real man ;) ...

Then your laughing Rich!

Pah sod the 206 Brakes, V6 Brembos go under 15's ;)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Then your laughing Rich!

Pah sod the 206 Brakes, V6 Brembos go under 15's ;)

I was going to say those but didnt know if you was getting rid of the 14's or not...

1.2 MK2 PH2
Rich, ill give u 4quid and some cheerios and whatever else you find in my left pocket for your enigne, ecu, loom, gearbox, clutch... and maybe the interior...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
hi rich had athread yesterday about buying a car under 5k
was between 172 and gti but a was worried bout missing on the refinements
of the 172 could save 2k buying a gti so its still weighing on my mind
whats your thoughts
thanks gal/

106 GTi
Tried to get some pics today - rained on all day - maybe if it stops tomorrow will take some after a wash. So pleased with it the 182 goes up for sale in the morning.

106 GTi
hi rich had athread yesterday about buying a car under 5k
was between 172 and gti but a was worried bout missing on the refinements
of the 172 could save 2k buying a gti so its still weighing on my mind
whats your thoughts
thanks gal/

I will miss the Climate for sure. Miss the extra power/torque on the mway when you go to overtake in 5th etc. Cruise was a nice touch on long journeys, but the GTi was comfortable on a 2 hour journey back from London on collection.

Seating position despite the silly "offset accelerator pedal the size of a a custard cream" to quote a fellow Pug owner today makes up for that a lot of things above, so much nicer to sit in a seat than feel to be perched on the Clio ones and grab the ship sized steering wheel. I have so much more leg room in the GTi.

Xenons look posy, but on Full Beam with Driving lights in the front valence, seeing in the dark is not an issue at all.

The 182 has much more grip on the 205 tyres and does not move arouns like the GTi in the bends, the 106 is a much smaller car and you know it, feels more nimble.

Brakes on the 106 feel poor but I am not judging that till I get them overhauled. Not really had time to really explore the GTi as yet.

Both have the pros and cons, earlier this week I was considering keeping both, after 250 miles in the GTi over the last 2 days I am going to advertise the Clio in the morning ...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
cheers rich.that steering wheel comment made me laugh! you only have to sit in any other car to know how massive it is.
feeling sold on the 172 just now having not owned one yet and something a need to do at least once.
thanks again
gal/

106 GTi
Wet pics from today.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

It did look good when steve and I had a llook at it yesterday Rich, will look forward to seeing it develop with your possible plans for it.

106 GTi
Just looking on Autotrader re. the pricing I thought on reading here they are worth nothing there is shed loads for sale for much more than I want for mine !

Just looking on Autotrader re. the pricing I thought on reading here they are worth nothing there is shed loads for sale for much more than I want for mine !

Thinking of making some adjustment to the price you mentioned yesterday ?

ST
Sorry if i sound out of order here mate but i wouldn't be letting go of probably thee best black gold 182 for an 'ok' condition 106 gti, i know you love pugs but the 182 is the best bar none plus the 182 is a fair bit more modern and you aren't going to have to spend money on it like you will with the 106, all IMHO of course.

VRS
looks stunning rich

i keep on looking at gti's as a cash saver but my only doubt is how fragile they are, ive had 2 106's in the past and had 2 little bumps in them, the bodywork was like tinfoil and they crumpled like an accordion :(

when i moved to the clio i got that sense of security as they feel so much more solid, im not sure if i would be able to revert back to the pugs :(

M

mini-valver

Looks stunning Rich! Ignore the haters ;)

Since buying the VTS, even though its a shitter, I've got so much more appreciation for them. So much fun! Enjoy it mate!

M

mini-valver

Lol, Aye! Really easy to work on TBH!

I want a mint white VTS or GTi now though....

Sorry if i sound out of order here mate but i wouldn't be letting go of probably thee best black gold 182 for an 'ok' condition 106 gti, i know you love pugs but the 182 is the best bar none plus the 182 is a fair bit more modern and you aren't going to have to spend money on it like you will with the 106, all IMHO of course.

I have to agree with Alan , the 106 is a great little fun car , if you was keeping it for a second/fun car then great, but selling a MINT 182 with 20k on the clock so you can keep a 106 with 67k on the clock and have to spent money on it doesn't add up in my eyes!

If you really need to free up a few grand then needs must!

leon

It's all about Rich though lol. I'm sure he knows his own mind!

I am seriously considering a 106 gti/vts as a winter car, as I regret selling my old one.

ST

I have to agree with Alan , the 106 is a great little fun car , if you was keeping it for a second/fun car then great, but selling a MINT 182 with 20k on the clock so you can keep a 106 with 67k on the clock and have to spent money on it doesn't add up in my eyes!

leon

Its only got about 5k on it matey lol..

leon

Its only got about 5k on it matey lol..

Kin el , LOL

I know Rich his his own man and he loves his Pugs ( i love 306 GTI/XSI ) i'd keep the 182 and buy a 106 that needs work and TLC , a project car that he can restore?

leon

106 GTi
I know where you are coming from - I can't justify keeping the 182 - I rarely use it as I am paranoid about any little mark on it. I took the 106 GTi to a show in the rain something I never would do with the Clio.

The 106 already has little marks on, been used in the rain before so it won't be so annoying. Think it is just what I need to stop me being so precious. Buying a brand new car was the worst think ever for someone like me with OCD issues for motors. I will be sad to sell it, but the 106 should soften the blow.

Hope that makes sense, the Clio is a big evolution over the GTi in cars, but for the what I need from it is kinda the right choice as the 106 will do the job. Hope the 182 goes to someone who will actually use and enjoy it rather than the wasted as it is with me.

ValverInBits
it's completely unmolested!

rich, your 182 has to be the mintest one ever and it will make a new owner very happy indeed

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hehe not using a Clio in the rain is just mad Rich :D

Dan

106 GTi
As said I should have never bought it new, as being me means needs to be as clean as when it left the factory, ok cleaner !