ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Another thought, wont the Saxo SS race system go onto the 106 gti?
Its basically the same car...

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Isn't it just the back box that has to be different due to the rear bumper?

Yeah the Saxo ones have a little bend upwards I think, but it can't be that much?
Might aswell go for pugsport to save the hastle, lol!

172 Cup
No worries mate

Hangers would need to be modified on the backbox as they are in different places so wouldnt sit right :)

120d M Sport
Looks tidy enough, and very clean. But does nothing for me.

See far too many around where I live with reverse rake, and driven by knobs.

So what? This obviously isn't driven by a knob and doesn't have reverse rake...so what are you getting at?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Lovely,lovely car.

Sometimes i think its worth paying slightly over the odds for what is a lovely example.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lovely car, the laguna splitter needs to go straight away though imho.

The only Pugsport to buy is the 2" as well by the way, rasp FTW.

Then Bilstein B8's (Grp N if your uprating the rear ARB), Faulkner 155lb springs, Raceland 4-2-1, Raceland induction, brakes wise 266mm will fit under 14's, but men go for 283mm ones from a Gti6. You will need to get out the grinder though ;)

Unless you get the calipers off the 206 Gti180 .

Miss my 106 :dapprove:

P4230030.jpg

For the haters, i miss my saxo considerably more ...

24041_10150173798895057_664735056_1.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Absoulutely mint example mate; I love a good GTI! Never had the pleasue of owning one, unfortunately.

Lovely,lovely car.

Sometimes i think its worth paying slightly over the odds for what is a lovely example.

Agreed. I'd much rather spend more on a car that I know is sound.

Lovely car, the laguna splitter needs to go straight away though imho.

The only Pugsport to buy is the 2" as well by the way, rasp FTW.

Then Bilstein B8's (Grp N if your uprating the rear ARB), Faulkner 155lb springs, Raceland 4-2-1, Raceland induction, brakes wise 266mm will fit under 14's, but men go for 283mm ones from a Gti6. You will need to get out the grinder though ;)

Unless you get the calipers off the 206 Gti180 .

Miss my 106 :dapprove:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/Sir_Dave/Previous Cars/P4230030.jpg

For the haters, i miss my saxo considerably more ...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/Sir_Dave/Saxo Vts/24041_10150173798895057_664735056_1.jpg

Laguna splitter will probably bite the dust this weekend when I get round to it. Wouldn't mind a Cupra one tbh, but standard will do for now.
Uhuh, I think the 2" Pugsport is the way to go. Just need to find a second hand one when I've got some money.
And I'm going to be keeping the standard 14's, so 266mm is going to be the maximum! Got some bought on ebay for 60 quid inc discs + pads. Fingers crossed they'll fit with the wheel weights...

Lovely 106 though Dave! Looked in great shape. Saxo's are alright track w**res. Couldn't have one as my main car though!

Stunning example. Congratulations on your purchase

Cheers mate :)

Absoulutely mint example mate; I love a good GTI! Never had the pleasue of owning one, unfortunately.

You should! It's so much better to drive than my previous Clio. Feels much lighter and nimble - not sure how 1*2's drive in comparison though tbh.

We'll see! I got them cheap enough, so I can grind them down if needed.

What pads/disks have you got on yours? Seems Ferodo DS2500's are popular pads, along with Mintex ones. Unsure about discs though?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A few folk were suprised on the day lets say lol...

I will say this on going from a 172 to a GTi.... This wee thing suprised alot of bigger boys in the play ground ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
106 gtis to me dont seem to have aged at all. Whats that a 1997 model? still looks fresh. Loving the china blue one, my old 106 was china blue too

Drive 1 they have aged alright. Lol that looks clean as fook fella. My 106gti was all chavved up when I got it but soon sorted it as parts are pennies. China blue>all oh and speedline comps if ya must. Lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
My 106's!

DSC_0070-2.jpg

My GTi

DSC_0064-1.jpg

Made 137bhp with just a supersprint manifold and a BMC CDA.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
For Alex, as his inbox is full ...

1st one (got rear-ended :( )
P1010007.jpg

2nd one:
P4230030.jpg

P4230028.jpg

P4230024.jpg

P4230023.jpg

P4230022.jpg

142bhp with 'two prong head', Pugsport 2" exhaust, Pugsport Ramcooler (induction ramcooler) & SuperSprint 4-2-1. Bilstein Grp N's & Faulkner springs, B&M quicksift, morettes, one-off 16" Speedline Chronos, etc etc.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
A few folk were suprised on the day lets say lol...

I will say this on going from a 172 to a GTi.... This wee thing suprised alot of bigger boys in the play ground ;)

I loved your old one mate, I remember PM'ing you lots when I was looking at getting one! Pity my ZS didn't sell at the time really!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is it worth just getting a manifold with just a standard exhaust? Not really sure what to invest in first...

Are there any other 106 forums other than 106owners? Seems really chavvy on there :rolleyes:

Rallye Register is better, just. They tend to be all w*****s.

Mani on a OEM exhaust is the only way to roll, all of the power, none of the c**ty noise.

Rallye Register is better, just. They tend to be all w**kers.

Mani on a OEM exhaust is the only way to roll, all of the power, none of the c**ty noise.

I'm on Rallye Register too - seems quite quiet though..

Exactly what I want. Is a Supersprint worth the extra over other manifolds (Raceland/Janspeed etc)?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Whats the difference between twin prong and single?

All GTi's iv worked on have had 2.. are they ment to be a rare thing? lol

Im considering a GTi if our traders insurance doesnt sort itself out!

120d M Sport
Dave, that is simply gorgeous. You earnt your Sir title right there!

Ste; I'll come and catch up with u in the next couple of weeks mate!

Joey, disclaimer on Kamracings site about the raceland: "Due to the budget nature of this Manifold some alterations may be needed to successfully fit your car. More expensive manifolds such as the Supersprint 4-2-1 and the Piper 4-1 Exhaust Manifolds offer superior build quality. Kam Racing cannot be held responsible for any additional fitting costs you may incur."

I've heard the Raceland doesn't fit that well?