ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTI

PH1 V6
I want my old one back now!
I had a Raceland on mine mate, and it slotted straight on! No problems.

My old one:

img00190201002271429.jpg

attachment.php

Few ideas for some mods..
Get some GTi6 stoppers on it:

img00281201003201800.jpg

Get some cyclones on there ;)

Get a look at my progress blog if you were after some ideas:
http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/s...s-Blog-Huge-massive-update!&highlight=nickson

PS. Sorry for the hijack :p

Was such a well setup car, i miss it too :) went round corners like it was on rails!

Jesus! They're massive
Won't fit under 14's though :(
Don't really like cyclones either tbh - I'd rather Nimrods if any. But standard ftw!

Going to chance it with a Raceland manifold - can't beat it for that price.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yeah!
288mm discs :p, provided some nice stopping power though!
You can get 206 GTi brakes under the 14's, they are 266mm discs and slightly larger calipers. Maybe a better bet?

Nimrods are very nice! If you get them, make sure they are off of the 406 or whatever, as the 206 ones require spacers as they are the incorrect offset!

Raceland manifold will fit. The only problem I had with mine from memory was that the bolt that holds it to the gearbox didnt line up. Not an issue, it just didnt get bolted down!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave, that is simply gorgeous. You earnt your Sir title right there!

Thanks Buddy. Saved for 5 years for that bad boy (since they launched them basically), then got it for my 21st :cool:

Flipping awesome fun, hence the vts track car a few years later ...

FYI, you can also get a 266mm kit to fit behind 14's, but with 4 pot Hi-Spec calipers ;)

To be fair though, mine would do an endo on its setup:

Gti6 calipers, 283mm discs, Clio 1*2 spec DS2500's (bigger than the 306 ones)

DSC02571.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Haha yeah!
288mm discs :p, provided some nice stopping power though!
You can get 206 GTi brakes under the 14's, they are 266mm discs and slightly larger calipers. Maybe a better bet?

Nimrods are very nice! If you get them, make sure they are off of the 406 or whatever, as the 206 ones require spacers as they are the incorrect offset!

Raceland manifold will fit. The only problem I had with mine from memory was that the bolt that holds it to the gearbox didnt line up. Not an issue, it just didnt get bolted down!

Thanks Buddy. Saved for 5 years for that bad boy (since they launched them basically), then got it for my 21st :cool:

Flipping awesome fun, hence the vts track car a few years later ...

FYI, you can also get a 266mm kit to fit behind 14's, but with 4 pot Hi-Spec calipers ;)

To be fair though, mine would do an endo on its setup:

Gti6 calipers, 283mm discs, Clio 1*2 spec DS2500's (bigger than the 306 ones)

Thats right, I meant 283mm, not 288mm.

Thought it looked wrong as I was typing it!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
SRS!?

Made cheaply as in cheap welds etc? Wouldn't want it cracking or anything...

Cheap welds and the stainless isn't as good.

It won't fall apart like...

Supersprints are strong though, after a but of air in mine it landed full on the manifold, the manifold didn't give but the engine mounts did!

330i. E30 Touring.
Raceland manifolds fit fine. I've fitted three, and they're spot on.

Pugsport. 4-2-1. Raceland air filter. Bilstein B8's with Faulkner springs. All musts, imo.

Also, 266mm brakes will fit under 14's. Come off a 306 XSi, berlingo van, etc. Should be able to pick up a set for about £60.

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
LOL! Yeah, the tiniest of speed humps and they smash the floor.

Tighten the front up no-end though.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yup. It caught on everything, created epic sparks when caining it down back roads apparently ... along with a rather nasty noise :race:

My manifold made hella sparks too.

Like the time i landed on a branch and it pulled the fuel filter off and the sparks ignited the fuel.... (that may or maybe not the reason I sold my GTi....)

330i. E30 Touring.
RIP, brother. x

The ironic thing was that even after denting every single panel but the N/S front wing, I still made £600 when all was sold. :cool:

Already got some 206 GTI brakes (266mm) ordered, so I'll see how I get on with those :) I think 4 pots might be a little excessive... lol!

A Raceland mani will be fine for my usage! then it's Bilstein time :cool:

I was actually looking at getting a 16v S1 Rallye before this came along, but chickened out as I think it had been off the road for a year... oh well! I think I've got a much better car in the end anyway.

172 Cup
All sounds a good set up mate S1 16vs are great but i think they are only ideal if you want a Fast road/Track car not a everyday car ;)
DSC_0454k.jpg

Sounds like you have all the right ideas and you have a mint Gti to put them on :)

Z4
I'm trying to save for a house so considering selling the M for something cheaper, considering everything at the moment, it's gotta be fun though!

106gtis THAT good then? It was always in the back of my mind. Would you have one over a ph1/2 172?

Monaco 172
I don't know if I speak for anyone else but I prefer my gti to the 172 I had. Was a third of the cost to buy, 3 times more fun and 3 times cheaper to repair!

keo

Clio Trophy
Chris P they are that good imo, as lukas1 says cheap as chips and great fun, more fun than my trophy

clio sport 172
It was definately mine! Same reg! i havent got any photos of it tho, a bit gutted about that as it was one of my fav cars! It was standard apart from s/s exhaust and had the lights modded so they were brighter (and the fogs worked with dipped beam and sidelights!) Loved it! Have you got many pics of it? Did you buy it with those wheels on it?

Splitter has gone... It looks very bare now though! Not sure what to replace it with, or whether to replace it at all!
(blurry pic lol)

5465006907_6ea1ed581f.png

Also received my 266mm brakes today, look a little worse for wear. Going to replace some seals, the pads and possibly discs. And hammerite the calipers Silver. Then see if they fit! lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Liked the splitter personally! Glad your enjoying it, myself and Callum are on the search for a suitable 172 for him - viewed one for him at the week end, it was a little chequered we shall say, drove sweet enough i suppose :(

I'm unsure whether I prefer it now tbh! Might just give it a spray and chuck it back on...

He told me that he'd found a cheap silver 182 locally when I met him, guess that's gone though?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That was a pup aswell mate i viewed that aswell, apparently it was a repo there was no service history guy couldnt tell me much at all, very poor