ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New headunit :)!!! Bit pic heavy!!!

Hey

Got a new headunit for my bday. Just fort id post up some piccies of it :) its got a tv tuner fitted to it aswell, so you can get freeview!! Also i think something is up with my arial, it seems as it has become loose, any ideas what to do, dont want water getting in there?

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

nice headunit, would be cool to watch TV in the car, mind if i ask how much u paid for it? as the the ariel, it looks like the rubber seal has perished, not sure what u can do with that, maybe you can order a replacement from renault.

172 & RSi
Nice. How much did it all cost and where can it be had from? Wouldnt mind a setup like that myself..

Also why is ur clock/temp in a strange font?

Cheers

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice. How much did it all cost and where can it be had from? Wouldnt mind a setup like that myself..

Also why is ur clock/temp in a strange font?

Cheers
At a guess hes used the alpine stalk adapters - certain ones re arrange the clock to look like that. looks neat!

As for the HU.... Id love one in my car but wouldn't be able to live with it.

Looks out of place especially because it sticks right out of the dash. On another note, at least you did it properly with the alpine set up! Good man!

Petrol Blue 182.
i presume its free view? or you still need a licence for that? :S and decent set of music your listning to :)

polo, here for lols
i was joking lol. you shouldn't need a tv license as it will be classed as a portable tv iirc

lol umm the head unit was about £450 if i can remeber, and the tv tuner + ipod lead came to about £300 with the ariels. Got it from Sextons in Southampton, they fitted it aswell. They did a real good job :) Duno about the tv license? i havent got 1 lol so i assume its classed as a portable tv? oh yea, when i bought the car, it had the renault satnav fitted, and it was displayed on the screen, so i think it must be a different screen to the normal ones. Thats why the ariel is slightly different i think aswell? cheers

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Don't think you'll need a TV license as it wouldn't be relevant?
For example you only need one TV license for all the TV's in your house, and how are they going to track it in your car? ;) lol
Although, it could go by the TV license at the house that the car is registered at?

Mk2 Clio dci
You could try tighting the aerial up from underneath, Behind the headlining. It may not make a good seal though still. Might be best to get a new one.

Mk2 Clio dci
Dont know part numbers and what not, but i think their about £30-40. It looks a bit diff to normal ones so, could pop in and ask em?

clio 16v
i worked at halfords.. ( yeah yeah.. i knw whats coming lol ) as a audio fitter.. no licence is needed.. but i dont think you can watch it as you drive.. by law who ever fitted it should have wired it to your handbrake ( easyyy to get round! ) as it transmits a signal which is restricted.. but the ripspeed head units that play dvds and others like it dont as they are only liquid crystal displays...

if that makes any sense at all??

225 powered mk2
i worked at halfords.. ( yeah yeah.. i knw whats coming lol ) as a audio fitter.. no licence is needed.. but i dont think you can watch it as you drive.. by law who ever fitted it should have wired it to your handbrake ( easyyy to get round! ) as it transmits a signal which is restricted.. but the ripspeed head units that play dvds and others like it dont as they are only liquid crystal displays...

if that makes any sense at all??

i work at halfords part time lol!! yer they are spose to be wired to the handbrake but no1 does, they just earth it somewhere else :) so it stays on