ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new install's story (56k)

hey folks as many of u know! y old install was good in its day! but it destroyed its self.
lol

e9405c6d.gif

so after building up a collection of goodies the past few months it was finally time to try and squeeze them in to the wee clio.

so ripped all the old out

2e38cef0.gif

then placed standard 10mm mdf for floor and mounted the first amp

e46d1d02.gif

the design had been pondered over for ages! but after talks with alot of folks for ideas the final plan was drawn up. also cheers to euan for his crazy ideas :lol:

after the amp was fitted to the base . the wee mad megician billy started his crazy irish wiring to wire up the 0 gauge through the car. :lol:

9f372412.gif

*******^^^^^^ old power cable v new 0 gauge^^^^^^^^*********

02ce02f9.gif

a8512bab.gif

34008f91.gif

walla! the wee man did it! all cables wired for sound

ebdb1e06.gif

so after mounting the big amp a table had to be made to mount the bracket for the second amp

c4ac72c1.gif

at this point we now had the measurments to make the boxes! and boy did this take ages!
wee cuts here
wee cuts there
but after a few hours.
some swearing
some glue
more mdf
some screws!

955e57f2.gif

Being smart wee boys we drew round all the bits so box no 2 was up in no time!

5c76c239.gif

OOOOOOO who this happy we graphter.. cheers boss

64c9f9c3.gif

so then to show u all how its roughly gonna be after carpeting :D

213a5eab.gif

d72e8ae3.gif

once all was in! it was time to fit the fake floor! and ay i say what a right FCUKER this was to make :lol:

91e648ab.gif

so afdter all parts finally made! it was time to cover! off we went in to the warmth of the house! and then out came this!

78a86389.gif

and then after temporary fitting most bits

432d01e0.gif

ccd33fee.gif

MASSIVE MASSIVE thank you to

Paul -Scotslad82
Iain - iain-saxo

Euan for being there in mind! if not in body

ASL0 my grandad for lettin us mess up the garage! lol

Civic Type-R
Nice story and quality install!! Looks awesome. What are the things on top of the subs? Are you gonna put the parcel shelf on too or leave it off?

hey folks! yeah i thought the amp may get hot so ivce left a gap to wire up soe red led'd pc fans:D

its not wired up yet will do wiring tonight!

on top of the subs oit the digital fuse holder and the distarbutor:D

earthed both sides using the screws just after the seatbelt housing!

al.

there just short of 1 cubic foot so im making bigger boxes as right now! long drones and punch base is all it can handle it cant plasy dance music or some r,n,b

al

2002 Clio Dynamic
Install looks nice,i had a very similar kicker set up in my old clio and the bottom amp did get very hot so you might need to stick 2 of they wee fans in just to make sure,i never had any cooling and it was a pain in the arse when the sounds just cut out!!

cheers for the advice yeah ive two of them wee pc fans on the way thast will mount either on the fake floor so they can be seen! or behind the amp tray where hidden!
all will be done once i make the new boxes. and see how much i got to play with!

cheers :D

al.

0awg for 2 JBL subs? overkill???

it is an improvement visually, and a lot of effort can be seen to have gone into the install, but i can't help think that better equipment would be far far better

cheers jonny :)

yeah i am looking to improve the subs when some more money comes!

and didnt see any reason why not to use the 0awg as i got the kit cheap and it looks good :D

al.

6/468 17poo
Cool mate, didnt realise when i was talking to you earlier that youve done a whole new install!!I hope you get the sound sorted mate,
Ryan