ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Plasma, few pics :)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Got myself a new plasma last week so thought id get some pics up:D. its a 46" panasonic plasma. Had a 42" before this but wanted a full hd screen ( old one was hd ready, 720p/1080i this one is full hd being 1080p/24fps:evil: ). mounted it on the wall as it came with a free wall bracket plus a 46" on the stand would of been overkill lol. well happy with the plasma tho and picture is stunning eventho its still being run in ( low contrast/brightness/colour setting for the first 200hours ). got a few pic and tried to get a few decent picture quality pics but it very hard to get a decent pic of a moving picture plus lighting is s**t in my room for pics but of well u get the idea:D ( oh and excuse the wires, not much i can do with them:dapprove:)
newtv006.jpg

newtv007.jpg

newtv044.jpg

newtv008.jpg

newtv030.jpg

newtv031.jpg

newtv033.jpg

newtv037.jpg

newtv038.jpg

newtv041.jpg

newtv042.jpg

my old one..
a1gpseatg25024.jpg

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
wow nice little setup you have there, i'm getting a 46" soon, not sure LCD or plasma yet but most possible LCD!

A4 Avant
Nice setup, I've got the same but the 42" version. 1080p is brilliant.

Is that part of the stand on the bottom (silver lip). I didn't think it stuck out that far on mine.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
try get a plasma mate, IMO they offer a much better picture quality, better black levels and much better colour. they are a touch more expensive but worth it imo. i was also looking at getting the sony 46" lcd that got a recent award in what hi-fi but was put off by people who have them complaing about a green clouding issue. also had a look at it when i got this one, had a play with picture setting etc and was'nt happy so stuck with plasma. one worn or worning tho they get very hot lol

audi a6 3.0tdi
Very nice setup mate :) i'm after a sub for my system the floor standers are just not enough anymore lol

Picture opn it looks awesome. I've still got an old 50" rear projection toshiba, still living after all these years.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
josh : sound system consist of a Yamaha rxv-1800, 7x130w hd amp( has all the new hd sound formats ) 2x mission 773e main spks, mission 77c2 centre spk, 4x mission 77ds rears ( only using 2 tho due to space ) Rel Q150 e sub. qed silver anvers.. spk cable ( loads of it lol) all gear connected with qed silver ann hdmi's

other bits, US PS3, Denon 2910mk2 dvd player (mr) denon 2800mk2 dvd(mr) Sky hd from thursday:D think thats it...

Nigel: its a brillaiant telly mate:D the lip is part of the tv. it is slighty diffenent between models tho. mines the pz85b, others avaible which are slightly diff are pz80b,pz81..

others: f**k all i can do about the wires:dapprove: its not to bad when your actually in the room as everything is at eye level so can't really see them

Nice setup that is. I've listened to those speakers before and they're excellent. Not sure I'd want them so close to a corner like that though, but the width is restricted so fair play. If they're rear ported I'd defo pull them away from the rear wall a bit.

I know what you mean about plasma by the way. IMO it's definitely slightly better than the best LCDs, but not by much TBH :)

Is that a REL sub?

EDIT: woops, they're front ported. Sweet.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
cheers mate:) yeah the 773's sound sweet, abit old now but im happy with the sound they give so no need to upgrade them. yeah they are front ported which is handy. ive got the crossover set to 80hz anyway so they are'nt to boomey. yep the seb is a Rel Q150e, had it about 8 years now and its still going stong, unbelivable bass from a sub so small. easily manages 20hz:evil:but then it did cost abit @ £500:Slol

Yeah I've had a lot of experience with a REL. In fact I think it was that exact model. Bowel moving stuff and yes, easily 20hz.

Never mind about old. I'm also using some old Mission/Denon/Yamaha stuff that I've had for 6 years. Still sounds wicked, although not HD audio until I update my amp. I've been considering a REL because my Yamaha is too bloody big :(

It is a shame about all those cables though TBH.

EDIT: P.S. I win on the rears - 78ds lol ;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nice setup mate!

With the wires, bunch them together with a cable tie so only one bundle coming down rather than 3 seperate. Will look much better.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
get some trunking dude...... it will finish it off if you dont need to lower the settings on a new plasma to "run it in" just avoid static images and films not on full 16:9 watch for border burn on 2:35:1 format films but only on for 50-100 hours and you only need to lower the contrast

Audi TT 225 Quattro
cheers again, im gonna sort the couple of wire coming down from the screen but cant really do much with spaghetti junction behind it all lol. will get abit of trunking to tidy up the few wires tho:)

DMS

A thirsty 172
That's rude!
Me and the Mrs have been having an on-going argument about the TV we're going to get when we move in together. She doesn't know it yet, but we're having at least 46in and that's final. :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was thinking that the pics with film shots on them looked great. I was going to say that the whole setup looked great, until I saw the last pic with the Logitech G25 sneaking in at the bottom of the pic.

That made the great setup, become superb. :cool:

D.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
cheers again all:) ive kinda sorted the wires out. tied the 3 wires together coming out from the screen and got another stand for the dvd/cdplayer and now also have sky+ hd:D so can hardly see any wires now untill you look behind it all lol (i'll put a new pic up tomorrow )

Darren: cheers buddy, yeah the g25 is bloody awesome also got the A1GP seat to go with it:evil:
a1gpseatg25004.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
cheers again all:) ive kinda sorted the wires out. tied the 3 wires together coming out from the screen and got another stand for the dvd/cdplayer and now also have sky+ hd:D so can hardly see any wires now untill you look behind it all lol (i'll put a new pic up tomorrow )

Darren: cheers buddy, yeah the g25 is bloody awesome also got the A1GP seat to go with it:evil:
a1gpseatg25004.jpg

FARK! :D

Thank god I don't have the space to get one of those in. A divorce would definitely be on the cards, then!

Not sure if this would fit to that seat assembly, but have you seen the following?

http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r337610/Playseat-Gear-Shift-Holder-for-the-Logitech-G25-Steering-Wheel/?s=g25]

I must admit, the G25 has single-handedly transformed my enjoyment of racing games on the PC. Using three pedals and a gearstick (even if it is only switch-activated) just adds so much more involvement to the driving experience. Quality item too.

Top setup, m8.

D.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yeah got one of the gearstick holders, that pic was from when i first got the seat, got the stick holder about a week later. dont bloody use the stick enough tho as im hooked on using the paddel shifts lol, i agree transforms most racing games, gt5 is sooooo much better:)