ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new stealth clio

16v & FRST
I picked this up the other day as my runnaround for the winter as my fiesta rs turbo is stored for winter, its got a 2.0 engine, stainless exhaust, lowered suspension and its fairly rapid for what it is, hope you like:D

Picture097.gif

Picture095.gif

Picture098.gif

Chris.

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
yeah i wouldn't park next to the skip either... especially when they come to collect it, they may leave the skip and take the car.

only jokin matey, looks wicked, bet its loud as fcuk!!!!! and it sure is low!!!

16v & FRST
Cheers for the comments, its not personnally my taste in styling etc... i prefer them to be subtle, and this is far from it, its very bouncy and you can here it coming about 2 miles away, it has a very raspy note to it not grunty, as i was advised to leave the standard airbox on as they get well warm under the bonnet and cones are no good for performance???, as i'm a ford man really i didn't know what they are worth, i payed £1k for it t&t why, with a spare set of rims, its slightly scabby around the arches but my local bodyshop can sort it for next to nothing with new panals, also the bonnet could do with a repaint as its got extremely hot and bubbled a bit by the vent again not really a problem though.

Chris.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
david100 said:
yeah i wouldn't park next to the skip either... especially when they come to collect it, they may leave the skip and take the car.

lol.

i would raise the rear though, looks a bit lop sided.

post some pics of the rs in the other pic forum will you?

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
bouncy and its lowered? are they proper adjustables or just springs? if its just springs and its bouncy they could have been cut down... suicide springs... niiiiiice!!!!

david100 said:

rofl.

16v & FRST
david100 said:
bouncy and its lowered? are they proper adjustables or just springs? if its just springs and its bouncy they could have been cut down... suicide springs... niiiiiice!!!!

They are proper springs mate when i say bouncy i mean over bumps.

172 coming soon
Not liking the wheels on her (they really ned spacers for a start), or that exhaust, and the suspension needs a bit of work by the look of it..

You seem to be well on the way to getting her sorted out tho, so keep us updated please :D

Very good base to work with

16v & FRST
Can someone decribe this "hybrid" meaning to me as i ain't got a clue, does it mean a valver running a 2.0 from the factory or something??

Chris

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
nope, hybrid is a car with with parts of another car in/on it!

you have a 1.8 with a 2.0 engine, makes it a hybrid

if sombody with a 1.4 put the 1.8 engine in, it would be a hybrid!

16v & FRST
Here's some updated pics of my clio, i have changed a few of the part on the interior to make it cleaner and reverted back to the original rear lights (others tinted) and rear wiper back on, when i have time this week i am going to replace the engine mounts and lift the back slightly,
I have put the car up for sale on cliowilliam.co.uk but i'm having a few problems, firstly i'm not clued up on these and was imformed by a mate that this has a 2.0 engine not an 1.8 from the difference in power 164bhp but i can't confirm as it has no receipt in the history, i have put this car for sale at £1200 but i'm getting so many questions on the engine which i can't anwser, the £1200 is an ok price for this car isn't it??? even if it turns out to be a quick valver it should still make similer money shouldn't it???

tell me what you think of the price etc...

Here it is anyway:

Picture172.gif

Picture170.gif

Picture178.gif

Picture174.gif

Picture175.gif

Picture169.gif

This is my mates old car, i never knew it had a 2.0 lump, or either did he i'm sure! I've driven it before, but didnt feel like it was producing 164bhp :/ hmm

16v & FRST
Rob should have spent some money on a tune up session, whats happened to his new valver and why did he sell this and buy another, i forgot to ask him earlier was the car a better shell???

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Hi lads yeah I did have a gti, long story but its gone now, yeah was on about buying this one bk as I loved it but is miles away from me now and the other had a better shell. Unfortunatly its not really worked out as I need an engine now. lol. Ah well, french cars eh?

16v & FRST
Rob what engine are you sticking in that one of yours and get some pics up??
I can't beleive how hard it is to sell this car, fuckin nitemare might just keep it for the track and pull the rs turbo's out sell one of them and stick this in the garage for some serious work, its a shame your went, f**k me thats very unlucky for that to happen not long after buying it.

C

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Rob should have spent some money on a tune up session, whats happened to his new valver and why did he sell this and buy another, i forgot to ask him earlier was the car a better shell???

brammer,u say u used to work at peugeot but you cant tell the difference between a 1.8 and 2.0?peugeot or renault engine size is still measured by cylinder capacity?and by the looks of things u dont know anything about?you are obviously a cowboy(skank)because youre asuming that because a 2.0 is a bigger engine that it limits later than a 1.8?but youve bin caught out by the limiter on a williams being earlyer than a valver?ive got to say that you are making a fool of yourself by lying about the service history(i know what service history you aquired witht the car)(less than you are showing):nono:

16v & FRST

brammer,u say u used to work at peugeot but you cant tell the difference between a 1.8 and 2.0?peugeot or renault engine size is still measured by cylinder capacity?and by the looks of things u dont know anything about?you are obviously a cowboy(skank)because youre asuming that because a 2.0 is a bigger engine that it limits later than a 1.8?but youve bin caught out by the limiter on a williams being earlyer than a valver?ive got to say that you are making a fool of yourself by lying about the service history(i know what service history you aquired witht the car)(less than you are showing):nono:

Let me just stop you there pal, i've never worked on a renault before and i'm new to this spec of engine full stop. i ain't personally got a clue what engine is in it without checking engine stamps etc... i was told by my mate who's worked tuning them etc before, if it turns out to be a 1.8 so be it, i bought under the impression of it being a 1.8 i queried it with a mate as it went very well and he said what he said, i'll will know more tomorrow.
As for the history, you better edit that last post mate i ain't no mug and i don't doctor histories, what i got with this car was the stamp book, a pile of MOT'S and a few receipts for the work done, i picked the folder from the scrappy to keep it all together and it had the owner/stereo manuals with it, so before you start spouting your arse off you might find thats not doctoring anything my friend :quiet: :rasp:

Vectra :(
tbf the difference in the 1.8 and the 2.0 lumps are very very small. Few vieny things on the block and different manifold design. Thats it. Oh and i think the alternator was slightly different.

Very hard to tell the diff between valver lump and the willy one, unless you know what your looking for

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Yeah been bad luck for me, engine seized first day I bought it. Going for a megane 2.0 BE I think. Hope it all works out, I will put up loads of pics when its done, shouldnt be long I hope.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

Let me just stop you there pal, i've never worked on a renault before and i'm new to this spec of engine full stop. i ain't personally got a clue what engine is in it without checking engine stamps etc... i was told by my mate who's worked tuning them etc before, if it turns out to be a 1.8 so be it, i bought under the impression of it being a 1.8 i queried it with a mate as it went very well and he said what he said, i'll will know more tomorrow.
As for the history, you better edit that last post mate i ain't no mug and i don't doctor histories, what i got with this car was the stamp book, a pile of MOT'S and a few receipts for the work done, i picked the folder from the scrappy to keep it all together and it had the owner/stereo manuals with it, so before you start spouting your arse off you might find thats not doctoring anything my friend :quiet: :rasp:

im not editing anything!friend!i know that you know jack s**t about the car you are trying to sell?obviously you have bin proved wrong by every ingle member on this site?my advise tou you is dont false advertise in future and no1 will have anything to say!

Date of Liability 01 11 2006
Date of First Registration 09 02 1996
Year of Manufacture 1996
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1764CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour BLACK

Ok, so if it is a 2.0 then your insurance is invalid ;)

16v & FRST
Like i have put on williamsclio the tuner who commented on the car and engine is without a doubt a pro and thats why i never questioned his theory, i will check it out in the morning and whatever the car is i will advertise it as that, like i said i purchased it off rob as a 1.8 and so he beleived it to be a 1.8, i ain't a scammer and i know more than enough about cars, feck me i built my first full engine whilst i was still at school, and that was a fair few years ago, so come on then big shot what do you do as a job??? i ain't getting funny with you just alittle pissed at your atta