ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Yee - haw Pick Up Truck

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They could have given it a dingle-ball rebuild, when it really needed a rebore.

or they flattened the cam after the rebuild, and fucked the bores in the process.

Both good points. There’s 100% some top quality turbo mong behaviour been conducted, whatever has gone on 🙁

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Short lived and expensive.

This thread should be locked.

0AF55678-3E43-4127-B722-DD2055EED09C.jpeg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Where was it leaking from? Could get a decent chunk off to find it's just a few gaskets and some sealant.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just cover most the engine in black gasket marker. Worked an absolute treat on one of my old Vauxhalls that was leaking oil from pretty much ever orifice.

If you’re particularly bothered you could even fit an undertray to catch the drips and pretend they aren’t happening at all 👍

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Just cover most the engine in black gasket marker. Worked an absolute treat on one of my old Vauxhalls that was leaking oil from pretty much ever orifice.

If you’re particularly bothered you could even fit an undertray to catch the drips and pretend they aren’t happening at all 👍
My clios all have undertrays for this exact reason. All have a little drip from the crank seal area, job to fix one day :LOL:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Typical yank motor. If its not leaking oil out of the engine and transmission, its not got any in :LOL:

Yeah, it was the fact when I asked him if it would get me the 80 miles home his reply was ‘erm, no sure’.

Plus he tried to blame the oil leak on a Cherokee that was on the drive, despite there been a Hansel and gretel trail where we’d just been on the test drive.

I’ve bid him in the balls this morning so I’ll see if I get a reply.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Not for long

How deep do you want to be in to that Jim, I reckon there's another £3k needed on that

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I haven’t bought it, it was close but I think I’m gonna pussy out. Apparently the smoke is paint burning off the manifold. I absolutely love foxbody mustangs but as bash says, I think that this might be a step to far.

Here’s the eBay advert - just in case anyone else wants to jump on it.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I haven’t bought it, it was close but I think I’m gonna pussy out. Apparently the smoke is paint burning off the manifold. I absolutely love foxbody mustangs but as bash says, I think that this might be a step to far.

Here’s the eBay advert - just in case anyone else wants to jump on it.

That’s a lot of ££s 😮

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Why has he gone to the bother of powder coating odd bits of suspension, but put less than 5 minutes into sorting out the interior?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The oil leak - can't be that horrendous to sort can it?

Rocker covers, rear main seal, front timing cover, sump? What else is there?

To be fair, it doesn’t seem that bad. I think it was exaggerated when I bought the car as it had been pissing it down. It’s certainly not enough to stop me using it anyways.