ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Yee - haw Pick Up Truck

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Is the size any factor in this? I assume it’s too big and heavy for a standard truck to carry?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Is the size any factor in this? I assume it’s too big and heavy for a standard truck to carry?

I think the issue is that they won’t book a truck. They are simply checking each day if one is available and doing it that way. If something is more of a priority they’re just sacking me off. Because I’m not with the car I am less of a priority than someone who is with it.

Moral of the story - do not leave the car if you break down!

Reactions: Pep

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think the issue is that they won’t book a truck. They are simply checking each day if one is available and doing it that way. If something is more of a priority they’re just sacking me off. Because I’m not with the car I am less of a priority than someone who is with it.

Moral of the story - do not leave the car if you break down!
Phone them tomorrow morning and tell them you need another hire car by mid day. You have urgent appointments to make and they’ve left you without a vehicle.

997.1, Caddy, e208
And check if you’re covered for like for Like.
I don’t even know if they do it, but I sure as s**t hope they do

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
A simple task from the outset, seemingly impossible to get right. A shoestring service, which isn't cheap.
This truck actually represents most of Britain right now.
#votelabour

Seriously this a fckin joke. Proper fucked up.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Update….

It’s still in Walsall but I have been told it will be delivered by dinner time TODAY.

Let’s see what happens.
200.gif

2014 Clio 200t edc
Spoke to them and it’s now in Walsall and they can’t give me an idea when the next leg of the journey begins.

Tried to escalate the call to a manager but they apparently don’t have managers or supervisors in the call centre.

So fucked off. I can see it going into next week.
it’s all over now….. sorry

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Please don't say it was something uber simple that could have been fixed at the roadside?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible to put it back to the original mechanical ones?

People are beginning to appreciate the advantages of having a pump that just works.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Jim might that Facet be too small?

What Gallon/Hour is it?

Carter make good pumps which should shift enough.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
71' C10's were rated at 240hp ( when new ) so should be fine

It'll be near the limit for full throttle pulls for prolonged periods but I don't think it'll be an issue as thats probably not what's it's going to be used for,

the fuel tank is behind the bench seat back and pretty much at the same level as the Carb so gravity fed, and if all else fails just fit a second pump in tandem.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
71' C10's were rated at 240hp ( when new ) so should be fine

It'll be near the limit for full throttle pulls for prolonged periods but I don't think it'll be an issue as thats probably not what's it's going to be used for,

the fuel tank is behind the bench seat back and pretty much at the same level as the Carb so gravity fed, and if all else fails just fit a second pump in tandem.

It baffles me how the yanks manage to extract so few horsepower from such a ginormous engine. 240bhp from a 98277362L v8 🤷‍♂️

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It baffles me how the yanks manage to extract so few horsepower from such a ginormous engine. 240bhp from a 98277362L v8 🤷‍♂️

They weren’t built for power. They were built for reliability. Which is what they were - Uber reliable.

Remember in 1971, the only people buying a Chevy truck were people looking for a super reliable workhorse. Not a crazy, firebreathing race truck. Low bhp on a big block = low stress = reliability.

Bit ironic given Jim’s experiences, but it is 50 years later 🤣

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They weren’t built for power. They were built for reliability. Which is what they were - Uber reliable.

Remember in 1971, the only people buying a Chevy truck were people looking for a super reliable workhorse. Not a crazy, firebreathing race truck. Low bhp on a big block = low stress = reliability.

Bit ironic given Jim’s experiences, but it is 50 years later 🤣
I love lazy v8’s. That lovely burble and just how they drive. You press the throttle and the big lazy lump goes ‘ok, let’s go then’ like the automotive equivalent of an elephant.