ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My newly lowered baby *PICS*

Megane 225 baby! :)

Just like to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me make the decision to do this and as promised here are the before and after pics! :)

An even bigger thank you has to go to David and his team @ KTEC, for doing it for me :D:D:D:D:D:D it looks wicked, and you know I will be back!!!! ;)

Rob - it only got done yesterday - do you think Southend will be a long enough drive? ;)

Mike - Thanks :)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 30 May 2003

I cant actually tell the difference but i presume its not bedded in! Its an excuse to go on a long drive!

-Rob
Take a closer look it actually looks a lot lower to me considering its only 30mm and it ahsnt settled yet. Look at the skirt on the first pic and then on the second, theres hardly any slope now, looks lots better!

I cant actually tell the difference but i presume its not bedded in! Its an excuse to go on a long drive!

-Rob
eh? Its clearly lower.. look at the arch gap on the back and front..

heh

Astra 1.9cdti XP

-Rob
Your obviously not looking!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

What Springs have you used. Looks good. What does the ride feel like???? Im undecided as to what drop to go for.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

mmm.. time to get mine lowered me thinks.. 30mm should just be a nice drop..

how much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking ?

got the KTR ones - http://www.k-tecracing.co.ukwww.k-tecracing.co.uk - they were £79 + vat. According to David, she has dropped 25mm (but if my insurance co is looking - its only 20mm ;))

Ride is good but then again Im not driving around on a broken spring anymore so should feel better :) - have got to go over loads of speed bumps to get out of work tonight so that will be the big test!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Let me know how you get on with the speed bumps.. I am really considering this now..

Whats the ride quality like, obviously I am expecting it to be a bit harder but is the handling and body roll a lot better..

And for the mechanics on here how easy a job is it to fit and adjust the torsion bar ? would I be best off putting it in to get done as K-tec isnt exactly local.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

looks good. much better than before but why not go one further than fred and add another 100mm drop onto it ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 30 May 2003

And for the mechanics on here how easy a job is it to fit and adjust the torsion bar ? would I be best off putting it in to get done as K-tec isnt exactly local.
The torsion bar is particularly easy as it doesnt exist ;) Clio 2s have springs all round, so you just fit the springs, re-do the wheel alignment and youre done.

I got mine fitted at a local garage they charged £45 I think.

Thanks for all the nice comments - I am such a happy bunny today!!!! :D :D

lol @ Adams-16v!!

_KDF - will keep you and everyone else posted!

Sawa