ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My old 214bhp clio cup

S-max, integra dc2
Hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone off here owns my old L.A.D motorsport tuned clio cup, it was a brill little car, reg no- YB52 CLO

S-max, integra dc2
I can't remember the full spec, but it had a full exhaust system and filter when i left it with them. It made 178bhp with these mods on there rollers, then i had the head ported/polished, bigger valve heads and uprated valve springs, some sort of upgrade to the throttle body etc etc. I can't think what else it had done, basically i had there 200bhp package with a few extra upgrades. When i went to pick it up after a week or so, it then made 214.5bhp on the same rollers, it made the cup a real little pocket rocket!!

S-max, integra dc2
you do know the LAD 200 conversion never had 200bhp don't you?

Well mine seemed to have more than 200, unless there rolling road was telling fibs. Can't really see how/why they'd do that.

All the info inc engineers report and graphs obviously went with the car, this was about 7 years ago, but im sure they'd still be with the car now.

The cup was up for sale at jct29 performance cars after i'd had it, think it was up at 9k. If the cars still going, i'd love the present owner to put some pics up of the graph!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
L.A.D are a bunch of porkie pie tellers!

I know a guy who bought a ''LAD tuned'' 205 mi16 and apparently it had 190hp. He drove it for about 6 months, then went on a rolling road shootout at Powerstation (who over read a little anyway!!) and it made 134hp.

Bunch of cowboys.

Inferno 182 CUP

I know a guy who bought a ''LAD tuned'' 205 mi16 and apparently it had 190hp. He drove it for about 6 months, then went on a rolling road shootout at Powerstation (who over read a little anyway!!) and it made 134hp.

Bunch of cowboys.

lol

Lionel Richie
i don't know of any car out of there that made anywhere near the power they claimed!

even these days its IMPOSSIBLE to do 200bhp on the stock cams and inlet, IMPOSSIBLE

S-max, integra dc2

Bunch of cowboys.

Well i never had the car on another rolling road, but it did feel alot bettter than when i dropped it off with them, cost me quite alot of money aswell in the end.

Probs should of had it rolling roaded again, but never felt the need to really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well i never had the car on another rolling road, but it did feel alot bettter than when i dropped it off with them, cost me quite alot of money aswell in the end.

Probs should of had it rolling roaded again, but never felt the need to really.

Thats what its all about mate. As long as you're happy thats all that matters.

I was just pointing out that they are a bit conservative in their figures.

S-max, integra dc2
i don't know of any car out of there that made anywhere near the power they claimed!

even these days its IMPOSSIBLE to do 200bhp on the stock cams and inlet, IMPOSSIBLE

I was pleasently supprised mine 'apparently' did, i just don't know why they'd make up a random figure like that???

TBO one of my friends had some issues with them over a 205 gti-6. Mine just always ran good.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I can't remember the full spec, but it had a full exhaust system and filter when i left it with them. It made 178bhp with these mods on there rollers, then i had the head ported/polished, bigger valve heads and uprated valve springs, some sort of upgrade to the throttle body etc etc. I can't think what else it had done, basically i had there 200bhp package with a few extra upgrades. When i went to pick it up after a week or so, it then made 214.5bhp on the same rollers, it made the cup a real little pocket rocket!!

On standard Cams? I don't think so.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
From 178 to 214bhp... on the standard cams?

Sounds like the same old LAD.

Was the 214 figured on their rollers, by any chance?

S-max, integra dc2
There's was the only rolling road that the car had been on, so yes both sets of figures.

They obviously fooled me! :eek:

E90
I love CS power increases, they are powered by win, Turbo charged car forums, get another 30 or 40 with 400 quid and a map, people spend gazzillions for 20 hp if they are lucky, and the same torque as a vespa LOL

S-max, integra dc2
I can't seem to work out if some people are having a dig at me or not??

I was 19 at the time and didn't really know to much about engines, this was my first quite fast car and i was told my car made 214.5bhp, so i was over the moon. After i sold the car i haven't really had much to do with the clio's until ive just bought one for the track now. So i just thought i'd post up to see if mine was still about, not to brag/lie about the power it had, as far as i was concerned i thought that must be what they made, obviously not! Anyway im not going to post on this thread anymore (unless it turns up, ha!)

Thanks for the input anyway guys.

R26
dont take it to heart mate, there has been similar grillings with other people claiming near 200bhp

53 Clio's & counting
lol! GD......................

Pmsl!!

I was 19 at the time and didn't really know to much about engines, this was my first quite fast car and i was told my car made 214.5bhp, so i was over the moon. After i sold the car i haven't really had much to do with the clio's until ive just bought one for the track now. So i just thought i'd post up to see if mine was still about, not to brag/lie about the power it had, as far as i was concerned i thought that must be what they made, obviously not! Anyway im not going to post on this thread anymore (unless it turns up, ha!)

No one means it n a nasty way mate, but the ones of us who have been into Clio tuning for a few years understand what is acheavable from the F4R in certain states of tune, and which companies tend to 'fib' about power figures - it is extremely easy to falsify a rolling road power run to get the power figures you want.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Don't worry about it mate, you should see what happens when you tell people their 172 standard actually makes more like 155bhp, that's always a laugh.

Any pics of your cars, the CSL especially? ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
RR's always make for interesting threads imo.

155bhp for a std 172 is very inaccurate. I've only seen one 172 run low 160's and it was down to an exhaust issue. I've been to 4-5 diff roads with the CS mob, most run close or around book. So thats. 169 for 172's, 175-179 for 182's, 190-197 for the 197...Never seen a 200 run. As a testament the V6 ran 252, 253...So i was delighted with that and prove the accuracy of the road.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
214bhp is the sort of figure you would get with throttle bodies and a very very decent exhaust/ inlet set up, 4-2-1 manifold, decat, remap etc.

Shame you were duped, but you werent the only one. Obviously no two sets of rollers will be the same, but these claims are somewhat overstated.
Pretty sure if this cropped up on ebay the flame police would be on it straight away!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
From 178 to 214bhp... on the standard cams?

Sounds like the same old LAD.

Was the 214 figured on their rollers, by any chance?

It was indeed. Looked a right beast too....

Rover-214-0.jpg

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Not at all mate. LAD have a bad rep on here and many other forums.

Nothing personal.

Ahhh good old Lad motorsport

I remember the guy on 106owners who paid a fortune for there 150 conversion on his gti - which amusingly made about 151bhp on their rollers
Then he ran it on one of our rolling road days and it made 119bhp - less than standard

A good look at the engine showed they'd just polished the rocker covers and cleaned all the oil up lol
Money well spent!