ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My PC does not have Hardware virtualisation

2000 Clio 172
My Laptop does not have hw virtualisation, whats an alternative to Virtual PC? I am running windows 7. When I had vista I had virtual PC's running on this machine.

Thanks.

2000 Clio 172
Well so far no good! I have downloaded VMWare player trial which is OK. However I wanted to build a 2008 test server with the 180 days trial and didnt know 32 bit support has been removed :( my laptop has a 32 bit cpu!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well so far no good! I have downloaded VMWare player trial which is OK. However I wanted to build a 2008 test server with the 180 days trial and didnt know 32 bit support has been removed :( my laptop has a 32 bit cpu!

You'll be needing emulation not virtualisation then. I use qemu under linux to do this, not sure about gui's as I just use it direct from the terminal.

2000 Clio 172
You'll be needing emulation not virtualisation then. I use qemu under linux to do this, not sure about gui's as I just use it direct from the terminal.

So using emulation I trick the OS into thinking I have a 64bit cpu? I have no experience with linux so I dont know how far ill get.

Thanks

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
So using emulation I trick the OS into thinking I have a 64bit cpu? I have no experience with linux so I dont know how far ill get.

Thanks

Essentially, yes.

There are qemu ports for windows so you may be able to find an up to date one somewhere.

qemu will also quite happily run inside a virtual machine, so you can install ubuntu in vmware player (generate a virtual machine online) and then run qemu in that, windows in linux in windows.

182FF with cup packs

Does it need to be 2008 R2?

Initial release 2008 can run on 32bit, only 2008 R2 is 64bit only.