ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ph1 172

Ph1 172; MX5
Howdy.

Have posted a few bits on here before but never really introduced myself. I'm Klaus, live in the west of Ireland and own a Ph1 172. Bit of a long-term petrolhead really, have owned everything from a Cinq Sporting to a Lancia Thema Turbo via an E30 318iS and still have a Mk2 16v Golf, but that's mothballed at the moment awaiting restoration.

I bought my 172 in Bristol back in October, after taking almost five months to find the right one. It originally came from Portsmouth and was on it's 2nd owner. It had full dealer history, low mileage, unabused and 100% original. pre-registered as a demo and has the aluminum bonnet and the shift light. I don't think either of the owners were on here as I scoured this and other forums from top to bottom to see if it had ever been tracked or thrashed.

BoB3.jpg

I took it to KTEC to have the belts done and also got the Eibach Pro springs, Brembo Max discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads and the Stealth exhaust as the OEM one was starting to rot.

I then brought it home. Via the 'Ring. (Report on JustGoFaster, here).

RingClio.jpg

All I've done since is replace the OS handbrake cable and put on KTR's rear cross drilled discs and performance pads which sorted the rear-end skittishness out as the stuff that was on it was well past it's best.

Anyway, fantastic forum. I'm paid up and all, a place like this coupled with a crowd like KTEC makes owning an unusual car like the 172 (well, they're like hens teeth over here although my NSX-owning mechanic has taken a shine to it) a pleasure.

Keep up the good work.

Klaus

My valver. Spot the S1 106 Rallye (once featured in Max Power, 1996) behind and the Caterham behind it. :D

hoon1.jpg