ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my race battery struggling in this weather...

im thinkin that gaz, she lasted last night so she'll last tonight and i can have a good nosey tomo, probs wont help but im thinking of one of those velcro belts i use in't gym to wrap around the battery tomo if i dont pull it off

Vee 6
The HGV's use what looks like a silver padded blanket round there batts in the winter.... I sure B&Q will have something in the heating /plumbing section you could mock something up....

And VW & vauxhalls now have a heavy felt cover over theirs .

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Can't you take the battery out and leave it on charge in the garage?

Jay, if they go flat, can they be jump started like a normal car or with a booster pack?

(There's no destructions in my box and I can't find anything on line)

You theoretically shouldn't jump it like a normal battery because it requires a lower charging voltage than normal acid batteries. Jumpstart using strater pack might damage the cells.

Mine's going to be fitted this week, is the optimiser Burp linked recommended on a car that's usually only left standing for 2/3 days max at any time ? Or should that be okay ?

(Also i'm not going to have the space to refit the old one)

Mine's going to be fitted this week, is the optimiser Burp linked recommended on a car that's usually only left standing for 2/3 days max at any time ? Or should that be okay ?

(Also i'm not going to have the space to refit the old one)

Depends on what journeys you do. If you do lots of short journeys, the battery might not charge up well, and eventually go flat as starting a car drains a lot of power from it.

Mine's just a weekend thing, so it'll be plugged in most times I reckon.

same here gaz...

wrapped it in micro fibres just now, god knows if it'll help!?

if not she's off although my hand stuck to the glass its that cold?!?!

Just refit my standard battery.

Massive difference in cold starting compared to the racing 25 - Which is now in my room wrapping in a nice blanket :)

O/E battery FTW for me in this weather. Will refit the racing 25 once the weather improves.

i didnt have access to tools to take mine out today :(

so i put three microfibres around it and placed a carpet over the enginebay. hope shes warm enough haha

as the car was running a crack went across the windscreen, from a chip! i knew it would happen but i was so cold i was like, mehh

That's not good news for me then, i mostly do short 15/20 minute drives :(

I'm either going to have to risk it or relocate it inside the car somewhere so i can put the old one back on if there's problems. I've already sold my Ph1 airbox and i've got to run a 45 degree bend for the new airbox so the original battery won't fit in there anymore.

RSC 182 Cup
Your Odyssey might be on the way out? It should be able to supply higher Pulse Cranking Amps than a normal wet cell battery (ie. PCA= cranking current measured for 5 seconds, CCA's are rated for a longer period - 30 seconds IIRC?)

However an AGM (absorbed glass matt) battery like the Odyssey should recharge a lot faster than your stock wet cell type. I've got a different brand of AGM in my RSC and it is very quick to charge up (using a 10 Amp battery charger) compared to my other two vehicle's which have normal wet cell batteries. So, with your engine running it shouldn't take long for it to fully charge.

Perhaps charge your Odyssey fully and then take it to a battery place the following day and ask them to test it?