ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My racing blue 197

Racing Blue 197 x
...And it all began around 2/3 months ago when i decided that i wanted a new car!!

For my first car i'd been bought a VW Polo 1.2 a couple of years back by my parents when i'd passed my test, which in all fairness did the job i wanted it to. It was efficient and cheap to run, insurance was peanuts, convenient for work.. but problem was it was a flat as a pancake!

The first car i was driving about in before the Polo was a 1.8 Corsa C SRI (courtesy of the ex) and obviously theres a bit more poke in that, which was what i liked having at my feet! -This i believe is when i started to take quite a substantial interested in cars! :)

After driving around the Corsa and experiencing other vehicles i was lucky enough to have the opportunity to have access to a Peugeot 106 RallyE, which was a fun little toy to drive apart from being built like a tin can -which is when i realised it, or something like the type just wasnt for me although i wanted something different and to stand out.

I then went on the browse for something new, looking through various different vehicles and came to the terms that i was going to buy a brand new Peugeot 207cc THP in white with white leather..which i'd fallen in love with! Although when putting it all together i just came to terms with it would be worth the money for what i was going to pay for it. :dapprove:

With that idea out the window i had a think about Clios, which i'd liked anyway so thought i'd check some out. Looking through pages and pages there were some nice cars i came across which i'd liked, concentrating more at looking at 172's & 182's not even bringing a 197 into the equation. I looked more into them, & when it came to insuring one i was shocked :eek:! This put me off and i set about having another look around.

I then came across a MK3 Racing Blue 197 whilst browsing which i fell in love with, litterally -ticked all the right boxes. I thought i've got to look into them abit more, as where theres a will theres a way! :approve: I rang up a few insurance companies and they were quoting me around the 2k mark just for insurance, no way was i paying that, although i was determined it was mine already. I then did a few price comparason sites to see what they'd insure me for and the lowest one i found was around £1500..which to be fair i didnt mind.

At this point..if i remember correctly it was a Monday or Tuesday; i'd sorted and paid for the insurance to start Friday. Also somehow on the phone i'd managed to get it down to just £1099, so another bonus!! Friday came.. and i picked up the car -it was immaculate!!

Pictures are as follows;

20092010097.jpg

20092010096.jpg

20092010095.jpg

20092010098.jpg

(remember also i'm no professional photographer but they'l do for the time being ;))

Anyway, at this moment in time im thinking a few subtle modifications such as wheels sprayed in gloss black and maybe carbon fibre front, back & side badges & wing mirrors - i saw an offer on in Performance French Car where streamline are doing a combined package of the lot. Looks very tempting!

Any ideas?? Would be appreciated! :D

Also.. to add the the insurance info- they refunded me £100.64 the other day, which brought it down to under £1000. Not bad if you ask me at 19!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
you lucky cow. impaying £1500 on a 1.2 clio at 19 (ive had a written off car but that doesnt come into account till next year so dread to think of what it will be then.)

spose thats the perks of being a woman. atleast we dont have to spawn things from our private parts though i suppose

Porsche Boxster987S
that looks smart. Theres a boy who stays near me in Glasgow who has the same but its slammed on coilovers , wheel spacers n gloss black alloys and it looks the buisness! My mate has a black one and theyre nice wee cars , sound good too. Enjoy it

Racing Blue 197 x
oh dear not good then! :(
'spawn things from our private parts' --- rhysbartley and that means........?

Racing Blue 197 x
Dont think im going to get mine lowered i'm quite happy with it the way that is at the moment, maybe time will tell?! Definately going to get the wheels done when i get some spare cash :D need 2 new tyres also..whoopsy x

Clio 197
Looks very tidy, leave it be suspension wise, there is nothing wrong with it! Lowering springs will improve the look, but do you really want to mess with the suspension on such a tidy handling car? All I will be doing with mine is replacing with new(er) OE parts.

I am tempted by spacers though...

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Looks very nice, i love the 197's, am looking at an f1 near me at the moment but the dealer is looking way too much!! i'd do the wheels gloss black n leave it at that!! looks sweet to me!!

Racing Blue 197 x
Thanks guys. Definately getting the wheels done when i get some spare pennies :D Any other ideas?? X

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Nice car Darci, and the photo location is pretty cool aswell.
How you finding the Brembos?
Whenever I was in my mates R27 I damn near headbutted the windsreen every time he braked hard.:evil:

2003 clio 172
looks really nice, been looking into chopping in the 172 for the 197 or a new renault megane sport, still very undecided at the minute!

koi

Audi S1
Bet you're glad you never got the 207cc now. Love rb, doesn't need much done, looks great as it is :cool:

AUDI A5 s-sline
lucky bugger, im 18 n have to pay £1800 for a 1.2, sometime i wish i was a girl for the insurance! :evil:

Racing Blue 197 x
-Definately glad i didnt get the 207cc!

Yeah you probably have seen it around southside, i live there!