ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My re-trimmed steering wheel ! - royalsteeringwheels.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal steering wheels made me this to replace my sticky, horrible, renault one. I used their exchange option, so need to post mine back when I get this fitted. Can't wait, it looks amazing! The quality is so good :D

DSCF0001_zps4cfc760a.jpg

DSCF0002_zpseccc1f6b.jpg

DSCF0003_zps961493be.jpg

DSCF0004_zps78dc9bec.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
Looks pretty good that, I prefer it when the thumb grips are left in though. Do you mind me asking how much you paid?

I'm not too fussed about the thumb grips tbh. I think it's neater without them.

​It was £105 plus postage. And a £50 deposit that I'll get back when I send my old wheel

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I'm not too fussed about the thumb grips tbh. I think it's neater without them.

​It was £105 plus postage. And a £50 deposit that I'll get back when I send my old wheel

Looks & is so much better without the thumbgrips. At least they wont melt/Split again :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks top quality , better than the oem steering wheel . You'll have to get some pics up when it's fitted .

Fitted pic as promised. Can't believe I was going to get a garage to fit it. It's really easy to swap over, thanks to the guide on here. Feels so nice and smooth. Slightly chunkier than the standard. And best of all, not sticky :p

Only slight problem is the cruise control buttons don't "click" when I press + or R because the material is a bit thicker than standard. Still works perfectly fine but you don't get the click like when I press - or O
I think I can live with that ;)

I also fitted a standard wheel trim that I got off ebay to replace the painted one that came with the car

DSCF0003edit_zps7c96dab8.jpg

Old one to be sent back

DSCF0004_zps1359c3df.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That looks great! I'm in two minds to get mine done or buy a sabelt wheel. Hmmmmm decisions

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Really nice that, looks classy with the perforated leather. Good price too!

​Are you changing the dash strips and gear knob insert to silver too?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Looks superb - match to airbag is spot on. I am also torn on if to put a sabelt or re-trim the existing.

Looks great, i wouldn't care about the thumb grips tbh there's still some shape to it. I've thought about Sabelts etc but I want to keep the cruise etc without the ***** on of creating your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.