ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My re-trimmed steering wheel ! - royalsteeringwheels.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault Clio
I also ordered a re-trimmed wheel for my 182 from Royal Steering Wheels - The same as this one but with red stitching, which im really pleased I went for. The new wheel came today, I'm so pleased with it! I also used their exchange service so will be sending my wheel back hopefully tomorrow. The service was so good too and its a pretty good price.I'd definitely recommend. I've put a couple of pictures up that I took when I opened it but I'll put more up when its in the car!
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.JPG

2001 Clio 172
Evening all.

After buying a spare wheel of someone on this forum over 2 years ago, I finally got it re-trimmed by Jack at Royal Steering Wheels so I could remove my current one which is falling apart.

I don't have a before picture as I sent it away in the same packaging it arrived in, however you can guess what it looked like. This is the finished article:

wheel_1.jpg

And with the new wheel insert:

wheel_2.jpg

As you can see I decided to get the re-trim without thumb grips, I actually think the wheel looks better without them. Smooth leather on top and bottom and perforated leather on sides, with dark blue stitching to try and match Monaco colour.

Top quality finish by Jack and I am looking forward to getting it on the car (I will have a spare wheel if anyone is interested in getting there's done).

Not to go against the grain but I really don't like that without the thumb grips...

It reminds me of a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa steering wheel :/

Sorry mate but it ruins it for me

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I am also with the above.

Fair play but snappys wheels do look a lot better and more OEM

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Can they retrim and redo the thumb grips also as the colour match looks perfect.

twingo
:cheers:

This^

Didn't want to name drop but @snappy 's wheels look a lot better quality aswell as more OEM as said

this isn't a place to introduce competition. this threads about royal steering wheels, snappys steering wheels can be looked up in other threads.

this isn't a place to introduce competition. this threads about royal steering wheels, snappys steering wheels can be looked up in other threads.

I am not introducing competition, I am merely comparing the two finishes

If I can't have an opinion about the steering wheel because it is not in favour of royal steering wheels corsa replica wheels I will stay out of this thread

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I agree Snappy's look better but for the price you can't say the Royal's ones aren't damn good value, I'm impressed!

2001 Clio 172
Iirc he can do thumb grips, I just chose to get mine without as I prefer the look of them without.

Snappys wheels look great too, I like them both, however RSW are cheaper and do them without TG so I went with them.

Don't think I have seen a Corsa 1.2 wheel before so I can't really comment on that however Corsa's must come with really nice steering wheels if they are as good as the above examples!

twingo
Iirc he can do thumb grips, I just chose to get mine without as I prefer the look of them without.

Snappys wheels look great too, I like them both, however RSW are cheaper and do them without TG so I went with them.

Don't think I have seen a Corsa 1.2 wheel before so I can't really comment on that however Corsa's must come with really nice steering wheels if they are as good as the above examples!

looks nothing like a corsa steering wheel. the boys a strange one.

2001 Clio 172
Well it's round and doesn't have thumb grips, so it has that in common :p. I think RSW look top class therefore will have to disagree with you on this one, however as I said before, each to their own :).

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Blighty I think it looks superb. Perforated leather looks smart and is a nice detail (hence why it's used on steering wheels in Nissan Navaras, Corsa's, tractors and a million other vehicles...)

Also can't help but think that linking a 'rival' company into this thread is pretty unnecessary...

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's superb looking. The perforated look is a million times better and that shitty thumb grip idea is gone!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think it looks absolute spot on that mate . Can't wait to see it fitted . Like a couple of others have said , I also prefer the OEM look with the thumb grips , but it doesn't make the wheel " terrible " lol , like someone has said :rasp: . As long as you're happy with it , that's all that matters .

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Not to go against the grain but I really don't like that without the thumb grips...

It reminds me of a 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa steering wheel :/

Sorry mate but it ruins it for me

Flol.

Said the man who puts gash s**t onto his 182.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Hardly fair to be comparing Snappy and Royals without seeing a wheel from royals with the thumb grips. If the price from royals with the thumb grips is the same as this one then surely that's a winner?

Play nice or shut up boys.

Flol.

Said the man who puts gash s**t onto his 182.

I'm sorry what?

Was I not polite and a lot better mannered with my opinion rather than being a dick?

I think I was tbf

But go ahead and humour me, aside from the bullets what is 'gash' on my 182?

The re-trimmed steering wheel? The painted dash strips? BBS wheels? Front end respray? Because tbh none of that is gash as you so eloquently put it

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry what?

Was I not polite and a lot better mannered with my opinion rather than being a dick?

I think I was tbf

But go ahead and humour me, aside from the bullets what is 'gash' on my 182?

The re-trimmed steering wheel? The painted dash strips? BBS wheels? Front end respray? Because tbh none of that is gash as you so eloquently put it

TBQFHWY I would just take this to PM and do yourself a favour.

(the BBS wheels are a bit gash though)

Status
Not open for further replies.