ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Red 1.2 Mk3

MK3 1.2
Hello, I Joined this forum a few days back and i must say some of the Clio's on here are that inspirational that they have made me want to modify mine!!

I want to go for a subtle look and not too 'Eye Popping'

First of all I want to say before i get pictures up. When i had this car a year ago i added some 15" Dezent Alloys which look awful and i lowered it on 16mm Apex Springs, which also dont help the look. The best thing i have done is probably add Heko Wind Deflectors.

BUT This is all going to change and i have a plan of action and i will be updating this thread on all the things i do.

First up ill show you when i had the Dezents fitted and the horrible ride height was waaaaayyy to high!! :nono:

33yqp90.jpg
[/IMG]

I then got a friend (Mechanic) to lower the suspension with Apex Springs

a1tqnm.jpg
[/IMG]

Looked a little better in my eyes until I saw some of the Mk3 clios on here :dapprove:
Then i fitted some sexy Heko Wind Deflectors

6poozm.jpg
[/IMG]

This is all my car looks like at the moment but i have a plan of what i am going to do.
  • Tomorrow I am going to debadge the 'Renault' and 'Clio' on the back leaving just the diamond
  • I have bought some 16" OZ SuperLeggera Alloys in Anthracite that I should have by next week.
  • AP Coilovers (Please suggest cheap options)
  • Stubby Aerial
  • Carbon Vinyl Wrap the interior trimmings and Possibly sprap the centre dash Anthracite
  • K&N Induction Kit (Suggestions?)
  • I want a nice sounding exhaust system but i want the exhaust hidden like the original (Please suggest some options?)
  • ClioSport Sticker in the back window when it comes :)
Going along with the project i will probably come up with some ideas so i will post.

Also if you have anything you would like to add, i would love to hear what constructive criticism you have and other stuff.

:D:D:D:D

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Welcome. Your car looks alright, but 16" I think is a minimum on the mk3 or 17" if big wheels are your style.

Depends if you just want pure noise from the k&n filter or want the try a squeeze a little more power from your engine really. The k&n 57i kit is ok I guess and good for noise but for out and out power gains there are some other induction kits out there that will do the job better, just depends how deep you're pockets are.

MK3 1.2
Welcome. Your car looks alright, but 16" I think is a minimum on the mk3 or 17" if big wheels are your style.

Depends if you just want pure noise from the k&n filter or want the try a squeeze a little more power from your engine really. The k&n 57i kit is ok I guess and good for noise but for out and out power gains there are some other induction kits out there that will do the job better, just depends how deep you're pockets are.

I have gone for 16s, i should have them late next week some time. Will get a picture up when they come but not fitting them till i have coilovers.

Im not a mechanic so i dont really know what induction kit to go for. My car is the 1.2 75bhp freeway so its very slow. any chance you could link me to an induction kit?

Clio 1.2tce DSX
It really depends if you want pure noise or actually want to try and get more performance from it.

Ebay is normally good for finding induction kits, that's where I got mine from. Just type in clio 3 induction kit and browse away :)

MK3 1.2
It really depends if you want pure noise or actually want to try and get more performance from it.

Ebay is normally good for finding induction kits, that's where I got mine from. Just type in clio 3 induction kit and browse away :)

Okay thank you, i would like noise and power to be honest :eek:

Clio 1.2tce DSX
In that case the bmc cda's are held in high regard I believe. And fron what u have read and seen it appears that enclosed induction kits give more power but open ones give more noise...if that helps any?!!

MK3 1.2
In that case the bmc cda's are held in high regard I believe. And fron what u have read and seen it appears that enclosed induction kits give more power but open ones give more noise...if that helps any?!!

To make things easy id just like a power induction kit. Need to find one that actually fits my car though!! I have such an awkward model

MK3 1.2
Found a K&N induction kit that i will save up for after my coilovers.

Hoping the weathers okay tomorrow so i can debadge the car and then give it a good clean and polish

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Good stuff. To be honest you can pretty much make any induction filter work with your car just would need different sized reducer pipes really. But as long as you're hapy with what you got that's the main thing.

MK3 1.2
Not been a majorly productive day, but i have been down halfords and bought Polish, Tcut and spray wax and then debadged by car! After debadging it i gave it a good clean with my new products.

Not showing the whole car as its ugly at the moment with the springs and Dezents.

34nfpyx.jpg
[/IMG]

MK3 1.2
Cannot wait until this week to get my Superleggeras, but ive said i am not putting them on until i get my coilys which will hopefully be next month after 4 paydays :)

MK3 1.2
Just a quick update.

I have ordered silvervisions all round and a stubby aerial.

Cant find any Dynamique S projector headlights though :(

Superleggera'd MK3
LOL good luck finding the projectors mate. If u want them you will probs have to wait till after you purchase your coilovers as they arent that cheap. They are 180 for both on ebay iirc mate

MK3 1.2
LOL good luck finding the projectors mate. If u want them you will probs have to wait till after you purchase your coilovers as they arent that cheap. They are 180 for both on ebay iirc mate

Ive noticed!! Im going to bide my time and wait for a breaking dynamique to go up on ebay then im gonna offer them less than £180

You'd kinda going for what I've done mate. Love it. Great choice for 16inchers. I have 15 inch and its on AP coils.. Low that I can't fit a small coke can under my car..
Looks good

MK3 1.2
You'd kinda going for what I've done mate. Love it. Great choice for 16inchers. I have 15 inch and its on AP coils.. Low that I can't fit a small coke can under my car..
Looks good

Im not going that low as i live in a terrible part of england for speedbumps, potholes and raised manholes but will go low enough to make a difference. Plus my driveway is on a slant as you can see from the first thread so getting off there will take the front bumper off

MK3 1.2
My stubby aerial and Chrome indicators came today (Front and Back. Sides are on way) Have fitted the aerial but im going to wait until the weekend to fit the indicators.

eqvvjd.jpg
[/IMG]

358xwug.jpg
[/IMG]

Also the courier has collected my OZs and should be delivering them to mine tonight at around 10oclock. i will test fit them when my spigot rings arrive so probably the weekend

:):)

MK3 1.2
OZs are here, i have cleaned them as the seller couldnt be A***d and they look beautiful. Ive decided when i get my spigot rings that im going to fit them straight away and they are being balanced and tracked on saturday morning.
Need to start saving for my holiday now so coilovers are going to have to wait unless i win the Irish Lotto. Luckily my car has lowering springs so it should look too bad just to go to work in and stuff.

2ynng4o.jpg
[/IMG]

MK3 1.2
Had a nightmare few days!!

Firstly, the chap ive bought the spigot rings off still hasnt posted them after 4 days so i wont get them now until next week. :banghead:

Then last night after work i thought id fetch the Dezents off and have a look to see what the OZs look like. I went to loosen the nuts before jacking it up and they wouldnt budge, so then i got my old mans socket set out and tried again and the socket snapped in half because they were that tight :mad: so i went to work to the garage there (work in road transport) and they got the electric socket on it and still no movement so we had to get a 2 metre pole and jump on it to get all 16 nuts loose :boring:

So i got home thinking lets try again, got the nuts off and went to pull the wheel off and no movement what so ever!! :banghead: So not only did Kingswinford Tyres (who fitted them) tighten them up so tight that it was almost impossible to get off they never greased the back of the centre so all four wheel were welded to the car :mad:

So this morning i went to my local garage and he said he couldnt do much today as he was finishing a job before going home (bank holiday) but he jacked the whole car up and we had to kick the wheels off with some force.

But when my Spigot Rings come i am going to fit the OZs and go and get them tracked and balanced so hopefully they should all be on by next weekend. :clap:

Today though i have fit Silvervisions all round and i must say for £4 for front, back and side indicators it is a really effective mod. I didnt take any pictures of before/after as i forgot. But will take some after pictures when i get the chance.

If you would like to leave some feedback or ask me any questions id love to hear from you :)

MK3 1.2
As promised

Rear Silvervision
fyg2v9.jpg
[/IMG]

Front Silvervisions
6i4owj.jpg
[/IMG]

Stubby Aerial
2sb8zer.jpg
[/IMG]

Hopefully my spigot rings come tomorrow or Thursday and i can finally get the Superleggera's on. But the weather is terrible in the West Midlands at the moment so may have to wait until the weekend :(

MK3 1.2
Quick dinner break update!!!

SPIGOT RINGS HAVE COME, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully will fit the Superleggera's tonight if the rain holds off. Dont mind spitting but if its lashing it down then i wont bother. Will post pictures anyway :)

MK3 1.2
The OZs are on!!

I know i need coilovers but i need to save for them and a holiday so i dont know when ill get them, so ill be driving in a pikey looking car for a bit.

I need advice on spacers, can any of you tell what sizes i need from the pictures?

dh9837.jpg
[/IMG]

51e7k.jpg
[/IMG]

2vw8bqd.jpg
[/IMG]

So the list is now shortened
Coilovers (Next Purchase)
Spacers (Size Help?)
Carbon wrap side mirrors and door trims

Is there any more mods you could advise me on?

Superleggera'd MK3
You will need 20mm rear spacers, they fit perfectly and tbh you probs wont need front spacers once its been lowered. Maybe you could fit 5 and poss 10 mm but there is no need really

MK3 1.2
You will need 20mm rear spacers, they fit perfectly and tbh you probs wont need front spacers once its been lowered. Maybe you could fit 5 and poss 10 mm but there is no need really

Thanks, which spacer do you have on yours? Ive been looking and im stuck on what to buy

Superleggera'd MK3
I've got 20mm FK spacers on the rear (bolt to hub type.....system B iirc) and nothing on the fronts

MK3 1.2
Not much going on recently as I am saving for Holiday and Coilovers, so im keeping her clean. Took a load of snaps today and these are the best ones.

Please give me any ideas in what i should do modification wise and ill take it into consideration.

2rx8ep2.jpg
[/IMG]

30sa8h5.jpg
[/IMG]

2zq7q5s.jpg
[/IMG]

bdp0ub.jpg
[/IMG]

v31xyr.jpg
[/IMG]

9hhpi9.jpg
[/IMG]

venr7m.jpg
[/IMG]

Also can anybody advise me on cleaning products,
I use Wash and wax to start
Then use polish
then use spray on wax

Still doesnt look as shiny as others on here.