ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My retro rally car :) (Ford Content)

audi a6 3.0tdi
I bought this spur of the moment and have just got it home. Its a 1980 1.3 fiesta ex rally car. Its got 6 point cage, omp seat, sabelt harness, polybush mounts, bilstien dampers, xr2 drilled and grooved disks, fuel tank guard, sump guard. The shell is pretty solid and was resprayed about 18 months ago its a hardly concours but it'll have had a hard life.

I'm currently trying to reasearch engines as i fancy something quicker in there but i have no idea what route to take and what i want to use it for. I need to get it through an mot to get it road legal but it shouldn't take much effort. I'm not sure about tax as i'm confused with it being 30 years old i'm not sure if its exempt.

Here are a few pic

29911_390099094874_783599874_3817724_7868293_n.jpg

29911_390099109874_783599874_3817725_1985821_n.jpg

29911_390099119874_783599874_3817726_5328251_n.jpg

29911_390099134874_783599874_3817729_3053532_n.jpg

29911_390099139874_783599874_3817730_5719856_n.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Re: My retro rally car :)

PMSL! Nice one m8! Just how big is the accelerator pedal?! :)

I remember that dashboard from when my dad had those Fiestas. He had three of them, all told...

D.

audi a6 3.0tdi

Its older than me lol

It did used to have another seat with navigator footrest etc loooking through the reciepts but obviously the guy i bought it off has uused them in his car. It seems to run well.

MR2 Mk1.5

Beautiful car, good buy! Get over to PassionFord, they will give you some engine upgrade advice..

Ollie

audi a6 3.0tdi

Beautiful car, good buy! Get over to PassionFord, they will give you some engine upgrade advice..

Ollie

Cheers i'll have a good look into it, i've only had one ford before this and i only had it two weeks so its all new to me.

Renaultsport 220T

Awesome, all you need is the following... wide arch kit. Vaux XE red top engine. Graphics. Moustache. Blonde with wide flange. :D

fiesta_motorsport_rs_teileprogramm_wide_arch_001.jpg

ford_motorsport_rs_teileprogramm_fiesta_003_fc.jpg

fiesta_base_002.jpg

audi a6 3.0tdi

i was going to get the archs as they do look cool and its deffinately getting some kind of retro graphics. I like them on mini lites and compomotive mo's

That actually looks really good and I'm not normally a fan off old Fords baring the Cossies. That engine bay looks mint as well.

That'll be a great little project car.

the lump in the rear valence says it's either 1300 super sport, or XR2, or replacement panel :S

I used to have 6 of those 7x13 RS wheels off an arched MK1, with all the bolts etc to fit them. I picked them up in a scrapyard in Germany :)

120d M Sport
Ought to put in a 1600 Zetec SE engine. Fairly lightweight being aluminium and tuneable with throttle bodies/cams.

JDM Dc2
awesome chris!

im looking at a mk2 xr2 on bike carbs, ported head, kent cam etc etc on saturday... you better still come to the cs meets as i will be!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Awesome!!!!!!

I want a look! You about this weekend?

Not at the weekend i'm going down to oxford but i'm free any night till ten. Add me on facebook you can let me know when you want to see it.

Search for Chris Wilson i'll put the fiesta as the pic to make it easy to find.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Awesome, we used to have one when I was a nipper, ice wrote it off ;(

Black Clio GT
awesome motor, as said need wide arches and a cvh on cams and carbs, keep the older engines in there dont go zetec...

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Very nice. Used to have a MK1 XR2 back in 1990, also had a supersport after that which got nicked. Love it mate.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Do you think i'll get hassle for putting retro metal press plates on it? obviously i won't put black and silver plates on it.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
As long as they are legally spaced etc I cant see it being much of a problem, cant wait to see it at some meets mate it looks awesome!

audi a6 3.0tdi
Just been reading up and it still not allowed metal pressed plates it must have standard ones :(

I'm off work next week so i'm hoping to get it through its mot then ready for all the car shows.

Hyundai i40

I used to have a Mk2 Xr2 back in 1999, loved it.. the rust killed it though : (

Werent a dodgy D reg was it? coz they were well known for rust

Fooking epic wiggly......absolutely love it

i use to have a mk2 xr2, was gonna put an RS turbo engine in it but got given a free cvh engine so popped that in when i blew it up

gonna keep the 1.3??? get a pinto engine in it if it will fit

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Pintos suck balls.

My mate spent loads on his. As a 2.3 it made 165bhp lol

audi a6 3.0tdi
A lad i know has a 1.6 cvh (i think) with throttle bodies sat around doing nothing but i'm more interested in his rs turbo engine thats had quite a lot spent on it he's got anti lag as well it for added pops and bangs. I'm going to give him a call and see what kind of money he'd be after and how easy it is to fit. I think the turbo engine is around 190bhp lol