ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My SE 850i broke, question

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
My sony ericsson w850i was about 5 months old, one morning I unplugged it from the charger and 4 of the buttons down one side didnt work. It had been absolutely fine up until then. I phoned up sony and got the address to send it to for a repair, and I sent it off.

They are now saying that they cant repair it as it has "moisture degradation damage" or something to that effect, basically saying that i must have got water on it and its damage the circuit boards over time. I would have thought i would notice if i had done this. Im sure ive never got wetness anywhere near it, the phone still looked like new as im careful with them.

So what I'm asking is

A- does it sound feasible that moisture could have stopped only 4 buttons down one side from working? I would have thought it would nacker the whole phone?
B- any ideas to make them replace it?

thanks

Could be from condensation, say you had it in your house, then took it outside in the cold? Maybe? lol I'm no good with electronics, but know they will get out of replacing a handset as have been there a few times.

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
^ maybe, but seeing as I took my w800 snowboarding twice without a problem, i thought they should be "condensation proof" to a degree