ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My second car - Pulsar GTI R

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Its actually not too bad - boost comes on fairly quick and fast and you certainly know about it when its going

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Old neighbour years a go had one. Quickest car he'd owned. Was like 350-400, something like that. Utterly horrible on fuel.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Was just reading a thread on PistonHeads and someone posted an Integra that was on CC for £22k... I once turned one down at £6k :(
Don't!

I was chatting to a guy on the ITR forum many years ago who lived in Cornwall. Had a fully resprayed DC2 he was willing to let go for 2.5k! Was just too far at the time :(

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Cheap as chips that! Compare it to any other rally slag from the same era and it really is an under appreciated bargain! There was one local to me back in the day, I never raced him in my Delta. Nope wasn't me occifer 🤣.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Cheap as chips that! Compare it to any other rally slag from the same era and it really is an under appreciated bargain! There was one local to me back in the day, I never raced him in my Delta. Nope wasn't me occifer 🤣.

This man knows!!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Old neighbour years a go had one. Quickest car he'd owned. Was like 350-400, something like that. Utterly horrible on fuel.

Its the quickest car I've ever had tbh - it just takes off.

I might try get it to 350/400BHP then leave it

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't!

I was chatting to a guy on the ITR forum many years ago who lived in Cornwall. Had a fully resprayed DC2 he was willing to let go for 2.5k! Was just too far at the time :(

Damn! My Integra story isn't my worse loss though. Someone working in the same yard as me had an RX-7 which I loved and I saw it parked up for a while. At the time I was driving a Honda CRX... spoke to the guy and he said the engine had blown, and asked if I fancied a swap! Said no, I mean why would I want a car with a dead engine?

Somewhat regret that now!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Damn! My Integra story isn't my worse loss though. Someone working in the same yard as me had an RX-7 which I loved and I saw it parked up for a while. At the time I was driving a Honda CRX... spoke to the guy and he said the engine had blown, and asked if I fancied a swap! Said no, I mean why would I want a car with a dead engine?

Somewhat regret that now!

I remember the local takeaway bloke had a FD RX-7, he blew the engine. Seeing my mate in his (smoky) S13 he offered a swap.
Scoffing my mate said not a chance, then the FD was offered up for £1000, that was refused too.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
Hi all,
So I saw this on collecting cars and realised I had to have it, so I got it 😬
My Clio 172 cup is staying for a bit too as I can’t bare to part with it. Just some pics of my new toy - I love it! View attachment 1594510
Top job what’s it go like is it better to drive than the Clio
What mods and how much Boost

2010 clio rs200
I remember these so well back in the 90’s. Chap down the end of our village had one. It just looked a different level of Aggro than any other car of its time. I remember, back then, being shocked a car that small being so powerful…before being tuned. Shows how far the world has moved on now, but that was probably 25 years ago at least
Yeah I remember fella in my estate bought one after getting a compo claim, just a pity it only lasted for a few weeks till he decided to take it out after a night out on the titles and totalled it! Didn't feel sorry for him 1 bit, got out a fled on foot and left the poor passenger trapped inside with multiple injuries

clio v6 phase 2
I ship for a company called the Supra Market. They buy Supras here for £50k then...

I work in shipping but work with a lot of US buyers who purchase vehicles in the UK, we collect and ship to them.

Any jap vehicle in the UK over 25 years old should be advertised as US exportable tbh. They're even starting to buy all the cheap 1.4 Civic EK's
Q for Tom Does the right hand drive factor hurt the USA prices a) just a little b) quite a bit, or c) teminally??

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I recall being neck and neck with a standard one, in a 172 in a fair few illegal events. Does that seem right? Thought it would have disappeared.
The 172 did have a phase 1 airbox though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Standard power was like 220-230ish, of course abit of a boost leak or bad timing and who knows what power it'd make.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Power-to-weight probably isn't a million miles off a Clio, so I wouldn't expect much difference in straight-line performance, especially once you factor in drivers and other conditions.

Put both on a wet, muddy B-road and it would probably be a different story.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Standard power was like 220-230ish, of course abit of a boost leak or bad timing and who knows what power it'd make.
That power would be at the crank so factor in the drive train losses and extra weight it prob not far off the clio but the pulsar easier to get more power becasue boost and choo choo noises

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
IMG_0746.jpg

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I was king of my area in my 21 Turbo when I was in my early 20's until one of these showed up, it handed me my arse, I was gutted! Fab things.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I work in London so don’t really drive it much - just a weekend toy tbh. It’s great fun though

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I love these, just absurd.

A modified one absolutely destroyed my punto back when I started driving. I’ll never forget the sound and how the front lifted up and then just absolutely fucked off up the road.