ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My System - Watercooled

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looks tidy mate, but how come you've decided to use water and not oil? Don't mean as a full submersion, but a closed loop like you have now. Would surely be less of a worry if it were to leak?

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Hahaha I know better than to fall for those tactics :D

I may do it at some point, or I may wait until I build TheMonolith™

LOL @ TheMonolith....

Whenever mate but do it soon lol

Adam where did you get the kit from? and how much? what extra did you have to buy?

All from here mate

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/

Cost me about £300 in all. I had to get some bits from BBQ to help me mount the rad but thats that. TBH if lookws into the mounting abit more then I could have bought the correct bits lol :eek:

That is mint mate, good work

Ta

Looks tidy mate, but how come you've decided to use water and not oil? Don't mean as a full submersion, but a closed loop like you have now. Would surely be less of a worry if it were to leak?

Never heard of oil being used to be honest. Anyway my loop is filled with a coolant - Feser One.

Here is a good selling point and it has put my mind at rest lol..

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/493437-feser-one.html

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL @ TheMonolith....

Whenever mate but do it soon lol

All from here mate

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/

Cost me about £300 in all. I had to get some bits from BBQ to help me mount the rad but thats that. TBH if lookws into the mounting abit more then I could have bought the correct bits lol :eek:

Ta

Never heard of oil being used to be honest. Anyway my loop is filled with a coolant - Feser One.

Here is a good selling point and it has put my mind at rest lol..

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/493437-feser-one.html

It's been done quite a few times - there are Youtube vids/posts of it, etc. As the oil is totally inert, it provides zero risk of electrical discharge. You can even run a fan-cooled PSU while submerged in oil.

I don't think I could be arsed, myself. Degreasing a gfx card when you swap it out! ;)

Top work on the water cooling, btw!

D.

Tesla MP3 2021
It's been done quite a few times - there are Youtube vids/posts of it, etc. As the oil is totally inert, it provides zero risk of electrical discharge. You can even run a fan-cooled PSU while submerged in oil.

I don't think I could be arsed, myself. Degreasing a gfx card when you swap it out! ;)

Top work on the water cooling, btw!

D.

Well you learn something new everyday :). I will rest easy knowing my loop is full of Feser One anyway :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Yeah but you don't use oil as a coolant in a conventional setup. Not ever.

Fair point Roy.

I've just had a bit of a search and can see your point. The system would have to circulate quicker (working harder with the more viscous fluid than would be intended for a conventional water set up) to account for the lower SHC of the oil and achieve the same heat dissipation as with water molecules.

Just the non-conductive nature of the oil that made me wonder originally.

Adam,

Is it all still running stable mate?

Tesla MP3 2021
Fair point Roy.

I've just had a bit of a search and can see your point. The system would have to circulate quicker (working harder with the more viscous fluid than would be intended for a conventional water set up) to account for the lower SHC of the oil and achieve the same heat dissipation as with water molecules.

Just the non-conductive nature of the oil that made me wonder originally.

Adam,

Is it all still running stable mate?

Yep all is running well :)

looks awesome mate, get it tidied up though :)

Ta mate. Yeah all of the cables are tidied up at the back :)

Fair bit of work to just watch p.orn!!

LOL tis worth it though ;)..