ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my tailgate wont lock

cli0 dynamique 16v
hi fellas, ive just boufgt my son a clio 1.2 dynamique as his first car, its a blue 02 plate in really nice cond but i have a problem.
i no its not a clio sport but this forum looked like the best place to get some help.
my problem concerns the central locking , when he locks the car in a normal fashion ie with keyfob transponder ,the front two doors lock but the boot/ tailgate doesnt. it will close as normal and re open but just wont lock ive been told by a friend that this sounds like a solenoid fault but hes no expert .
so any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
if it is a faulty solenoid , are these expensive to replace and how difficult ?
thanks in advance

Dont matter that its not a sport..dont even have to be a Renault on this forum :)

Not that im an expert on this or anything but I think the central locking system is run of an air pump...maybe the "tube" has popped of. I know this can be the case on VW's.
hope thats some help.

cli0 dynamique 16v
thanks for that pinky, will i be able to see this connection when i take off the plastic panel on rear of tailgate ?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
ive had this exact same problem mate.

If you take the cover off the boot, then look in there and you will see the little motor house, its like a white plastic surround. there will be a torx screw holding it on, remove that and disconnect the motor and it should fall away.

If you look at it from the top, you will see 2 cogs/gears.

They are the ones that lock the boot, and what happend to mine is, thay got a bit of grit in which stopped it locking. so i cleaned it all out, then lubed it back up with greese, and put it back together. This then solved the problem!

hope it helps!

www.renparts.co.uk
We sell lots of solenoids for mk2 ph2 boots, they go faulty extremely frequently. We sell them with a 3 month warranty for 18.50.
(01302) 867985

cli0 dynamique 16v
this is why i like using these forums, you get great advice and plenty of ideas from people in the know.
will take the panel off tomorow in daylight and check it out.

thanks for all replys and tel no for replacment sol ,might be phoning you shortly

very grateful guys :D