ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My thumb grip attempt

Megane dci 130
I know theres a few guides out there for making new thumb grips for the torn ones. Its not going to look the best but Here are my efforts so far.

first I picked off all the rubber so your left with this
DSC00065.jpg

then I wrapped where the grip was in masking tape so the puttey wouldnt stick to the steering wheel

then I mixed up some repair puttey ( i got mine from halfords for £5.50) and made a pancake shape with it.
DSC00063-1.jpg

I then worked it into the grip area to make the grip shape.

After a few hours it was rock hard and I teased it away from the wheel.
DSC00066.jpg

Hey presto, a rough shape of the grip ready to be sanded and painted. When your done, just glue the bugger in!
DSC00067.jpg

I will update on mine when its all finished.

Never above 25mpg
Good effort but I'll just get the wheel retrimmed when the thumb grips go, it's already melted.

S4 Avant
I taped over it with electrical tape. Stops the rubber coming apart anymore than it already has done.

BG182®
Sadly I roll with no thumb grips. I've never felt the feeling of having them under my disposable thumbs before as the car came without them.

Need to make an effort like you have. Looks good so far.