ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My track day experience today!!

Meggy225
Hi everyone,

For my 21st in October I got a track day experience day, to drive: -

Porsche 911
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lotus Elise
Suburu Impreza STI
4x4 drive

It was a superb day, boiling hot, the cars were amazing.

The Ferrari was amazing, I just left it in 3rd gear and left it there (it's only a very small course made from a runway), I didn't want to change up to 4th becasue I was loving the howl so much!!

The Scooby was amazingly quick as well, much quicker than I was expecting. The diffs were a bit hard to get used to going round apex's, the car kept jerking and I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I just wanted to thrash that as much as I could and the shift up light was on nthe majority of the time!!

The Lotus was very raw and wasn't as fun for me, the breaks weren't as good, the steersing was hard and it just wasn't anywhere near as fast as the others.

The porsche I didn't enjoy half as much as any of the others. It was faster than the elise but it was very jerky in the throttle and very bland on a whole to be honest. Quite disappointed with that car.

Amazing day, a thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm knackered now though!!

Here's some pics from the day :D : -

P7010288.jpg

P7010268.jpg

P7010261.jpg

P7010258.jpg

P7010257.jpg

P7010255.jpg

P7010300.jpg

P7010297.jpg

P7010296.jpg
[/img]

RS Meg 175
Looks like a reet laf :D i want one of those for meh birthday lol
Ferrari is sexual :) how come they gave you the massive safety helmet? lol ;)

Meggy225
it was at Seighford race course in stafford. The helmet was a bit of a pain, it was a bit loose, but the size down was too small. it was good being open faced though, I've only ever worn full face.

Meggy225
yeh it was great. I've never done 4x4'ing before. The instructor just got me put a special "traction control" button on that just kept the car going up that big mounds, it was amazing!!

Lee

BMW M2C
cliomadness said:
it was at Seighford race course in stafford. The helmet was a bit of a pain, it was a bit loose, but the size down was too small. it was good being open faced though, I've only ever worn full face.

I was chatting to one of the instructors who was there, he was at Oulton Park on Friday.

Looks like an excellent day.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hey clio madness, my gf got me a session at seighford for my 20th. drove the scoob, an evo, a crappy polo and taken for a hot lap in the lotus. i had a play with the ferrari wen i was in the evo but the driver was a pussy hehe

J

jamesy

now that looks like a fun day out id like to do the supercar day i see advertised it included driving ferraris,lamborghini,porsche and a dodge viper:D