ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Type R

172 Cup
Only had it just over a week. Really like it (love is a strong word and i dont want to use it as its such a short relationship so far). Driving position and seats are fantastic as is the gearbox and engine! No rattles so far which is a pleasant experience after having the clio for 3 years.

Its a final edition so the Momo wheel, rear tints and seats are standard.

DSC_0546.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0552.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

DSC_0555.jpg

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

Be Nice!!lol

Ive never been a fan of those gear sicks for some reason.

Nice clean(ish ;)) looking car though. :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i like the colour and it look a good example but i just dont like them sadly... i think the problem is you see more type R's than the normal civic of that shape

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wierd car this.

I don't like them at all. And 9 times out of 10 i dislike the helmets that drive them.

BUT! I will own one within the next year as I've always fancied one.

Really like that, makes me want to pop to the local honda dealer and test drive one. Something i have been meaning to do for a while.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I'm no fan of the rear lights, much prefer the older ones.

Lovely colour, really like that.

Agree, i much prefer the projector headlights in the newer ones also.
I was looking into one but insurance won't cover me till i turn 21.

Golf R soon...
Nice one!

My next car might be one of these, either that or a mk5 GTi...but that would be the spec and colour I want! Great choice!

Abarth 500 Essesse
my mate has one of them in the exact same spec, premier edition with sat nav, ac, etc, really nice cars much better built, i wouldn't get one because i want a teg, lol

LY182/NHB CTR
Very nice, good choice. Any plans to modify at all?

Yeah i have a new tax disc holder and silvervisions on the rear so far ;). Been looking at a few things but still early days!

Very nice looking example and welcome to the VTec world...

Take no notice of the comments you will get... I bet half have never driven a CS and CTR back to back long term.. I have as I owned a 172 and have a CTR and Trophy on the drive which I drive both regularly ;) Both great cars in very different ways.. but it is what you like that is most important and it wouldnt do for us all to like the same thing.

Bridgestones are a nightmare in the wet because they dont hold the heat very well, but they are ace in the dry.. I have a good write up about the RE040 if you are interested drop me a PM.

1st mod I would get (and I did get) is a JDM anti-roll bar its under £100 and is a straight forward replacement.. this will improve the handling and you will notice it too ;)

After that well depends on what route you want to go down...

The CTR is a great car I have to say I wasnt fussed on it at 1st but it really has grown on me and I love mine now.. happy driving.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stunning!

The only UK EP3 i'd have. Nice choice!

You'll never get tired of that engine and gearbox... which is a good job since you'll certainly be working them! ;)

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)
Take no notice of the comments you will get... I bet half have never driven a CS and CTR back to back long term.. I have as I owned a 172 and have a CTR and Trophy on the drive which I drive both regularly ;) Both great cars in very different ways.. but it is what you like that is most important and it wouldnt do for us all to like the same thing.

If that was aimed at me, I had a 2 172's and a 172 Cup either side of the CTR. IMHO it desperately, desperately needs an LSD and a UK biased tyre choice.

Clio 172 mk2
Looks great

Never driven one so can't comment on that but build ahs to be better than the Clio

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

If that was aimed at me, I had a 2 172's and a 172 Cup either side of the CTR. IMHO it desperately, desperately needs an LSD and a UK biased tyre choice.

I've got to agree... a little.

It'll happily spin up in second and squirm in third when VTEC comes in, on anything but a perfect surface.

That's why the JDM EP3 is the best option. ;) LSD!